moriarty law/JC International Claimform - old Talk Talk Broadband debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi to all im a new user on here and need some advice please!

here is a brief description on the matter

back in 2013 i signed up with talk talk for phone bb and tv services,

after approx 3/4 weeks of no services i rang them up and told them i would like to cancel the contract as they had not provided me what im paying for.

after numerous phone calls about the above issues talk talk said the contract would be cancelled and that would be the end of the matter there would be no charges due to early termination of contract etc.

although i never received anything in writing from them i left it as the matter was delt with.

fast forward to two days ago and

i got a claim form from Moriarty law working on behalf of jc international acquisition.

they are claiming £572 for non payment of agreement from talk talk

I'm confused about this as i was under the impression it had been sorted years back!.

i have sent a reply to the court with a acknowledgement of service

i can get some information about this as i intend to fully dispute this.

how do i get information about this old account ?

any letters that was sent to me , phone calls ??

how do i file a defence for the court

I'm confused by all the info on this if anybody could help id be so grateful

many thanks for your help

:-(

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant ? - jc international aquisition llc

Date of issue – 22nd sep 2017

What is the claim for –

1. the claimants claim is for the balance due under an agreement with talk talk limited dated 20/11/2013 which was asigned to the claimant on 31/03/2015 and notice of which was given to the defendent on the 31/03/2015 and which is now all due and payable .

2.the defendant agreed to pay monthly instalments under account number ...xyz... but has failed to do so.

and the claimant claims the sum of £451. 11.

the claimant also claims interest thereon persuant to s.69 county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8.00% per annum amounting to £36.08.

What is the value of the claim?£572.19

the claim is for tv broad band and phone services

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? after 2007

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. no debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? not to my knowleged

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? i cant recall one no

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? no

Why did you cease payments? i never paid from day 1

What was the date of your last payment? never been any payments made from me ( will explain at bottom of this thread)

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? no

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt management planicon? no

i signed up with talk talk in 2013

after 3 weeks from start i still wasnt getting broad band and phone coverage

talk talk kept fobing me off

engineers will call this week next week blah blah blah .

i called them up and told the due to the advise from ombudsman im cancelling the contract as they did not provide me the service i signed up for.

that was the end of it

talk talk told me there would be no charges no termination fees etc and that was that heard nothing again from them untill

yesterday when ccj claim droped on my doorstep .

so far i have filed the knowledge of service online to buy extra time

what do i do next

how do i get any info about this

and how do i do a defence to give to the courts as its my full intention to not accept this as its simply a down and out outrage

any help would be most welcomed

ps never had any letters from talk talk about this or from debt collection agency up until yesterday the 28/09/2017

thanks spice racks

If you don't have copies of paperwork or emails regarding Talk Talk/Ombudsman agreeing to stop the contract at no cost to you, then you will need to send a Data Protection Subject Access Request to Talk Talk. Now as that would take time, i think contacting Talk Talk by phone to find out what has happened would be a sensible move. See if you can get Talk Talk to admit a mistake, get it in writing and then Moriarty Law should withdraw the claim. Still sensible to defend anyway, that you deny the debt, but if you can get the info tgat would best.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

have contacted talk talk

they said they dont have any info regarding this as its been sold on to a debt collection agency

as with the subject access request that can take up to 4 weeks acording to talk talk time i dont have ,

would it be best to send a sp 14 letter

( please exuse me if this is not the correct term ) to moriaty law and go down that path ?

sorry cpr 14 i meant thanks

Get the SAR off to Talk Talk marked urgent.

Send the CPR 31:14 letter to Moriarty Law asking for all documents stated in the claim.

I suspect you will have to enter a holding defence without the proof you need, just denying that you owe anything.

But you don't need to do this yet.

You just have to acknowledge receipt of the court claim and indicate you will defend in full.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Don't worry, loads of examples on CAG and you will get help from the guys.

It is basically saying that you deny the claim being made and hold the claimant to strict proof.

Once your initial defence is added, It could be months before the claim progresses and hopefully by the time you needed to supply a fuller defence, you should have the info. If you don't then the claimant still has to prove their claim.

not sure the point in an sar when a court claim is issued

its upto the claimant to prove their claim

not the defendant to disprove it by an sar that that info should kept out of sight of the claimant

send a CPR 31:14

we've not lost one of the JC/moriarty talk talk claims yet

100's here already

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The SAR was based on the OP saying there should not be any debt and back up just in case the court claim did proceed.

so should i go with just cpr or both ???

thanks to everyboy for all your help i really appreciate its nice to know there is help around if you look for it and hopefully it should put a stop to them making peoles life a missery by causing panic and worry i say shame on them

ps for anybody reading this maybe you are in a similar situation

well get this ive only been on here since yesterday and already i fel like a ten tone weight has been lifted just knownig there is help

so dont give up fight on and dont let them try and scare you into submission

i will keep this poat updated as best i can and hopefully i will be able to win this so thanks to you all thumbs up

you know the story

that can be outlined in your WS IF it ever gets that far

its for the claimant to disprove your assertions

not you to prove them.

no need for the SAR.

get the CPR 31:14 running

and DO NOT miss your defence filing date whatever does or doesn't happen.

if you use our search CAG box of the top red toolbar

moriarty law JC International Claimform mobile

and they

we don't need to see our own templates

and anyway you need to read its top line...which says...???

and they

you should have gotten that in the post today

now it wont go till Monday

and you've wasted 3 days of your 33 ...

and they

OK so now research time

End of post 14

and they

Don't miss your defence filing date whatever happens

and they

hi guys, sent off my letter cpr 31.14 request to moriaty law and they got it on the 2nd of oct ( signed delivery i checked on line via post office ) any ways iv had nothing back as off yet i stated 7 days to send me the particulars of claim etc as nothing has came back to me whats my next move ?? thanks for all the great advice :-)

Particulars of Claim.

1. the claimants claim is for the balance due under an agreement with talk talk limited dated 20/11/2013 which was asigned to the claimant on 31/03/2015 and notice of which was given to the defendent on the 31/03/2015 and which is now all due and payable .

2.the defendant agreed to pay monthly instalments under account number ...xyz... but has failed to do so.

and the claimant claims the sum of £451. 11.

the claimant also claims interest thereon persuant to s.69 county courticon act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8.00% per annum amounting to £36.08.

What is the value of the claim?£572.19

In the (any court you like) ClaimNo. (claim xyz)

Between:

Moriaty law ******s

and

Defendant me

Defence

Introduction

1. I, Mr xyz of some place am the Defendant in this matter and I make this statement as my defence to the Claim brought by the Claimant. The matters set out below are within my own knowledge and where the contrary appears, I state the source of such material and put the Claimant to the strictest of proof on their claim, which is denied in its entirety herby.

2. For the purpose of this Defence, all paragraphs and sentences stated hereafter are referred to the Claimant’s statement of case dated (put date here).

a. The first sentence of Claimant’s statement of case is denied, that the Defendant is indebted to the sums claimed therein as alleged, the Claimant is therefore, put to the strictest proof on the same.

b. The second sentence stated therein is denied and the Claimant is put to the strictest of proof on the same. The Defendant contends that no notice pursuant to s.136 & 196 has been served upon him by the Claimant as alleged or at all.

4. As to the third sentence, it is denied that any statutory and valid default notice has been served on the Defendant and the Claimant is therefore, put to the strictest of proof to the contrary.

5. In light of the facts enumerated above, the claim is denied in its entirety and the Claimant is put to the strictest proof to establish to the contrary and his claimed entitlement under the statute and its provisions which, if complied with in accordance with the obligations imposed upon the Claimant thereunder , would entitle the Claimant to his claim.

Statement of Truth

Mr/Mrs……………………………………………….. dated this day ……….. of November2013.

Singed (your printed name in caps – as the Claimant)

hi there is this defence sutable to send back to the courts reggard the orignal post see post 1 any feed back would be appreciated thanks

Do you understand what it conveys little spiceracks ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

that's not one from here...

dx

and they