• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CT Capital PPI leter- genuine of fishing trip?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

First time here and spent a few hours looking through the impressive library of information here.

Hopefully someone will point me in the right direction.

Yesterday, out of the blue I got a letter from CT Capital, to my new address,

I have moved twice since my least dealings with them,

they did not use my first name, just my last name.

It says I previously made a complaint about PPI with them which was rejected.

Following a supreme court decision and new rules by the FCA,

I can now make a new claim,

and then some information of high commission levels they received.

I looked at google and found out they are some form of group associated to Central Trust, a company that I did deal with years ago and it didn't end well with them, I am deeply suspicious of anything they tell me.

I will explain, this maybe a long post due so I apologise in advance.

In 2005, I bought a house after a relationship ended very badly,

and having to start all over again and not with a perfect credit record,

I got a mortgage with a company called Southern Pacific.

Two years later in 2007, and still having a few debts I still needed to clear off,

as well as some house improvements I needed to do,

I took out a secured loan, which I believe had connections with the mortgage company, Central Trust,

the loan did have PPI which I was told was needed due to being under my works two year probationary period.

The value of the house in 2007 was £135k

In 2008, I was rushed into Hospital with a suspected blood clot,

two operations followed and I was unable to walk for 4 months and unable to work because of it.

I contacted Central Trust and was told that the illness was present before I took out the PPI therefore no claim was possible but due to my then current issues they would forward me a payment cheque for just over £1600, which I received.

This was a bad mistake on my part, six months later it was clear I would never be able to continue in my normal job and I resigned from it.

That would be in 2009.

I had some savings to keep up payments, and with claiming housing allowance of £365 which was paid direct to the mortgage company I tried to find alternative work. My savings then ran out and still not able to find work,

the Government changes to how money was paid to those with a mortgage, that reduced to just £85 a month.

I then quickly ran into debt on both the mortgage and the loan.

Both were kept up to-date but both were an absolute nightmare to deal with, even CAB got involved, but with no work materialising, I was in deep trouble. You sort of hope something will change but it never does.

Each one took it in turns to seek repossession, in total six court appearances over a few years,

in Oct 2012 I gave up, with another court possession order posted through the door and my mental health in tatters,

I just left the property and went into rental accommodation.

About 8 months later I got a phone call from some debt collecting company saying the house was now sold but there was a short fall on the mortgage balance, some £21k. I did need a balance sheet for the housing benefit as they were aware I had the house and wanted to know if there was any money coming to me.

I gave them my new address and a few days later the balance sheet arrived.

The house had been sold for £78k.

A few days later two phone calls from the debt company.

I told them I disputed the debt as I had issues with how the PPI was cancelled,

had that been in place I may have been able to claim on it,

therefore I held them responsible for the loss of the house.

I was not in any financial position to pay anything or take the matter to Court,

however I would be very happy for them to take me to Court so we I could have my say, and to not phone me again.

That was in 2013, and they never did phone me again and I never did hear from them.

What was eve stranger was that I never heard anything ever from Central Trust, from 2012 todate.

I stayed in that house for nearly four years and in 2016 found a better place to live and rented elsewhere and moved again

Over the last three years I have got back on my feet again.

My credit rating is much improved, bit way to go yet, but getting there.

I noted on my report that in June 2013, Central Trust updated my credit file to payment received and account settled - balance zero.

We now come to yesterdays letter from CT Capital.

Once I realised the association with Central Trust I got concerned.

They have gone to some lengths to find me, not used my first name, but the address is correct.

I can't find any search made on my credit report.

My first thought was, sod this, and I nearly threw it in the bin.

All my past dealing with these people have not been positive,

at times really nasty. In some ways I would prefer to take my chances kicking a ball into Kim Jong-un's garden.

But, the other side of me is thinking;

They drove my nuts before and in many ways were responsible for my situation.

But is it some sort of fishing trip? I really don't know.

The letter looks genuine, but with those people you never really know.

I can't find any information on the internet regarding PPI and CT Capitol except the Ombudsman fine they were given.

I think I have covered everything, it is a complicated story but I did my best to do a condensed version.

Many thanks in advance.

Tony

twill be to do with the recent Plevin case - re secret commission

they were involved in doing that

go for it

should be worth £1000's

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please keep us updated

this is an important development for any southern pacific customers

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi. I certainly will keep this thread updated.

As a quick update.

I have read their letter carefully and it appears they wish to simply cover the 'high level of commission' relationship of PPI.

Their process for registering a complaint is either write, email or phone.

I have now emailed them.

I have made it clear that my complaint is regarding their misselling, their process when I tried to claim and I hold them responsible for the loss of the house and financial losses.

It's unlikely I will accept anything they offer me,

they will deny everything anyway,

it will end up at the Ombudsman at some point.

Had they sent that letter two years ago,

I was not mentally ready for the battle, but I am now.

I will keep you posted as new information is received.

I have now received an email acknowledgement but they appear to only want to deal with the high commission part of it as noted on their reply.

We acknowledge receipt of your email below and your complaint has been registered.Please note that the complaint is about the non-disclosure of a high level of commission earned on the PPI.

We will send a written acknowledgement to you in the post.

Once we have completed our investigations into the non-disclosure of commission, we will write to you again with our findings.

Not sure if I should reply back stressing they are going to have to deal with the full complaint as that is what I complained about years ago and in their first letter they said I had complained before.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

HI.

As I thought, the letter was a fishing trip,

I have not heard from Central Trust for five years and now had an email this morning asking for contact.

Phoned them and asked what they wanted and I said it is due to the email concerning PPI and CT Capital.

The guy pretended he didn't know who CT Capital was or about PPI, odd given they are one of the same company.

They then said they needed to go through some security questions first which I refused to do unless I knew what they wanted first.

Went round the same circle for a time before the call was ended.

I am now expecting a barrage of emails, phone calls and letters to arrive.

I know they play dirty tricks but this is a bit low.

Would this thread be better in another area as it now has nothing to do with PPI?

Edited by tony4444