• Tweets

• Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
    • As already mentioned freely available "credit scores" are fairly useless. All lenders have their own "credit scoring" system, that for obvious reasons they don't divulge. And they're "scored" differently to the freely available ones. As soon as they could, we've always encouraged our two children to use credit cards responsibly... Pay off in full, etc, to generate good history. It's paid off. At quite young ages, they have both obtained loans for cars, mortgage and their credit card limits are through the roof. Personally, I have shifted debt around a lot on credit cards (even financed a house purchase once at 0% 😉) and I've only ever been refused a credit card once, sorry twice by the same company, over many years. They must have something very different in their lending criteria. You're a tight one, Mr Branson.
    • Hi DX - quick question, what is the bank likely to do when they get my letter of change of address ? also what is the worst they can do? thanks J1L
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Capital Contribution Order and Transfer Property - rossendale DCA chasing me

vok
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

this is my first post and I apologise if by mistake I did not pick the correct section.

I received a call from Rossendales few days ago asking me to pay £50k Capital contribution order for my defence expenses after my conviction in 2016.

I had already paid 5k as income contribution order before the conviction.

I told them that I prefer to receive any communication by letter as I like to keep evidence.

I did not confirm anything on the phone and I told them that I would have made my enquires to the Legal Aid Agency via a Subject Access Request.

So far I have not received any Capital contribution order notification from Legal Aid Agency.

Details:

I did not go to the trial as I pleaded guilty.

I have two jointly properties with my wife but not liquidity in my bank account as I paid the Court confiscation order in full leaving me with not cash at all.

The two jointly properties were already declare during the means test.

The two properties have outstanding mortgages.

Currently I am jobless and receiving JSA.

I live with my wife and two young children.

The total equity is over threshold of £30k

I am probably liable to pay something even if I strongly believe 50k is excessive and not yet supported by evidence.

I would like to protect my wife and children first.

Can I transfer my share of the two properties in my wife sole name or the name of a trustee, and form a Family Protection Trust or a property protection trust.

If this is legally possible, how much could cost and which are the negative consequences to use a Trust, such as taxes or future costs?

Thank You very much for your help:-D

Edited by vok
letter mistake on title

If this is legally possible, how much could cost and which are the negative consequences to use a Trust, such as taxes or future costs?

Might they then make you bankrupt for owing the costs and not paying them?.

If so, they might ask the Trustee in Bankruptcy to look at asset transfers prior to the bankruptcy,

and seek their reversal (either as 'transaction at an undervalue' or 'preference to a creditor').

(The former if you disposed of an asset without getting full recompense for it, the latter if you claimed that you owed the transferee the value).

just remember this is the DCA wing of the rossers not the bailiff section

the following thread you might find useful

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?362914-Capital-Contribution-Order-(4-Viewing)-nbsp&p=3956509#post3956509

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As Bazza says, if you disinvest yourself of an asset to avoid a legal responsibility it will be treated as though you still have it so any monies spent on doing this will be wasted.

A £50k capital contribution is very high

the legal aid people must have a good reason for asking for this rather than just a table of calculations.

I would assume that a costs order was made at the time so that will need to be read carefully.

You own 2 properties so you aren't going to be homeless if they force the sale of one of them so the may well look at that

Thank you very much for your reply.

I would like to clarify some information.

At the moment there is no capital contribution order issued on me nor there was at the time of the conviction.

So far I complied with the Income contribution order which I paid in full already for a total of £5,500 one year ago.

Rossendales only mentioned on the phone that I am liable to pay 50k as CCO without proving that.

As far as I understood first the CCO must be issued, then served on me, then the debt collector starts to chase the debt.

If the debt collector returns the CCO unpaid to the Legal aid then the Legal aid can apply for an order charge on my properties or file a bankruptcy request on me.

I agree that if there is already a CCO and you try to transfer your property can be seen as a way to escape the order.

In this current scenario there is not a CCO yet so I just asking if the transfer of my part of property to my wife before a CCO is issued can be still challenge by legal aid agency.

Otherwise, it sounds like any convicted person would never be allowed to legally sell his property after his sentence because he should wait an see if Legal Aid wants to issue a capital contribution order on him.

Thank you for your help

ps: this morning I sent a subject access request to the Legal Aid agency.

Regarding “convicted person would never be allowed to legally sell his property“

1) you aren’t really talking about a ‘sale’ of a property though.

A sale of a property for its full value wouldn’t be an issue, as there wouldn’t be less assets for a creditor, they’d just be in a different form (‘cash’ instead of ‘house’)

It would be the “intended to deprive a creditor” aspect that makes a difference, not the sale itself.

2) “Never” is a very long time. for personal bankruptcy the TiB can go back a maximum of 5 years for a transaction at an undervalue, less (2 years??) for a preference.

As in my original post, I just wonder if it would make any difference if my wife and I constitute a Family Protection Trust or a property protection trust. I not familiar with those and just exploring if there is a legal way to protect our property.

thank you

i'd be writing that letter in that thread I linked too as well

oh and one final point

STAY OFF THE PHONE!!

never ever discuss your supposed debts with any powerless DCA at your door or over the phone.

there is NO legal obligation to .

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The 50k of Capital contribution does not make sense to me. I pleaded guilty so never went to trial. I was convicted for a white collar crime. I sent subject access request this morning to the Legal Aid Agency and I am thinking to do the same with Rossendales .

Just one more question if I may.

If, for instance, the total defence costs is 40k and my total equity value in the two properties ( after mortgages and partner equity) is over the threshold of 30k, mentioned in the Regulation, will l have to pay the difference 10k ? Just asking as I am confused.:!:

thank you everybody for your thoughts.

not sure on the latter but id not be entertaining the rossers at all

don't give them a bighead, as a dca they've no powers at all.

and they

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...General Legal Issues..please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,

please see my comment about a letter I received on 27.09.17, which is attached.

1- I sent an email to Rossendales on 20/09/17 stating:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I received a phone call on 19/09/17 around 11:30am from someone who did not say his name but argued to work on behalf of your company Rossendales.

According to this person I should pay some Legal Aid costs for a legal proceeding occurred to me in 2016.

During this short conversation I did not give my consent to any sort of agreement nor confirmed the information provided by this person.

I am not in the position of verify the authenticity of this phone call.

I would like to draw to your attention that I have decided to make further enquiries directly to Legal Aid Agency.

Kind Regards

2- I never received a Capital or Final Contribution Order from the Legal Aid Agency so far. Only an income contribution which I had paid in full before the plea guilty.

3- The letter I received is full of grammar and syntax errors

4- They stated “ when a trial has ended”. I never went to trial as I pleaded guilty. How can the final defense costs be 55k?

5- They stated “ as you failed to pay this [capital] contribution within the required time scale”. As mentioned at point 2 I never received a Capital or Final Contribution Order from the assessing authority (LAA)

6- The letter does not give any deadline nor a details of the sum to pay

7- The letter is not signed

I presume at the moment they do not have a Capital contribution order ( maybe later the LAA will issue one it the law allows that) so they just what to see my next move as in a chess game. Probably they expect me to call them and enter in a discussion about this matter.

Instead, my plan is to ignore them and just dealing with their client (Legal Aid Agency) who is the assessing authority and for this reason on 25/09/17 I sent a Subject Access Request to LAA.

At the moment my goal is to find out what they have on me and how they calculate the income and capital contribution if any. As I mentioned in my first post I have two properties jointly owned which during the investigation were under a restrain order so could not be form part of the legal aid assessment at that time . After the conviction I paid a confiscation order in full and the restrain order was lifted. Probably I will have to pay something but I want to do that within the rights acknowledged by the provisions of law.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thank you

Rossendales.letter.pdf

I would not be conversing with rossers at all.

and they

I never said I do not want to pay.

I want to comply with the rules and the rights allowed by the Law.

However, they (LAA) need to follow a specific procedure in order to claim a capital contribution.

I think I am at the early stage.

There is not CCO at the moment and I have only approached the LAA with a subject access request.

I need to see what they have about me before speaking to them.

If I am wrong in this method of approach I am open to suggestions.

Thank you very much

you are doing the perfect thing by an SAR

you need not do anything more.

await its outcome.

there is however, should you wish to

no harm in writing to LAA

tell them what and why you are doing the sar.

and they

Hi,

Please I need some help.

on 25/09 I sent a Subject request to Legal Aid Agency

on 27/09 Received letter from Rossendales dated 22.09.17 claiming that I should pay capital

contribution order 50k.

I posted the letter above.

They say I fail to pay.

This morning I received an Order For Recovery af Award, which is attached.

My point is:

I never received any capital contribution order

I never refused to pay so how can rossedales say I failed to pay

I was not given any notice to pay the CCO nor a deadline to pay

How can they issue this order without serving the capital contribution order.

How can the county court issue this order without evidence of the CCO and my refusal of pay.

Also, Rossendales did not send any dunning letters to claim that I failed to pay.

Now I am lost.

I do not what to do.

Tomorrow the enforcement agent could know on my door.

Any help if really welcome.

thank you very much

convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2017-10-02_15-42-48.pdf

Ring the court and ask why you never got a chance to contest the claim

Post 1 is your script

and they

Thank you dx100uk for your quick answer.

I called the court earlier today and was told to contact the applicant ( Moon Beever solicitors ) who made the application on behalf of Legal Aid.

The court said I have 14 days before of the enforcement.

This person was not very helpful anyway.

I will call tomorrow as you suggested.

However, I found out that Moon Beever work also for LAA as rossendales.

I called Moon Beever and the lady said someone from her office will contact me via email.

I think they realised they need time to set up a credible story.

They should have sent a letter to claim the money before the 3rd of August as this is the day when the submitted their application to for the Court order.

There are some missing pieces in this story.

They never claimed the money especially via a Capital Contribution Order

but the reached the end of the procedure already by a Corut Order even if never communicated neither verbally nor written that

" I do not want to pay"

because nobody asked formally and legally to pay.

So how can you allow this Order?

Thank you

Potentially on the following grounds :

-that the 50k is based on an old assessment

-LAA did not take in to consideration that after conviction I paid a confiscation order of 56k

-that now I am under job seeker allowance therefore am unemployed

-that I was never provided evidence of the breakdown of the whole sum of 50k

-No debt collector claimed the sum in compliance with law and regulation

Question: when an Order For Recovery of Award is issued should I have the right of appeal?

thank you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

No...I just posted it if it may be of any use to you.