PPM PCN - in my own space!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

A couple of days ago I was issued a parking ticket by Parking & Property Management LTD for parking in my own parking space!

The only problem was that I didn' have the permit displayed at the time.

Now, they want to charge me 60 quid if I pay within the next 14 days or 100 if this is paid within the next 28.

I have already tried the appeal section on their website and it doesn't work,

I've checked other forums and this section has not been functioning for at least five months,

so in other words I can't even appeal against this bloody ticket.

What is the worst that could happen if I don't pay this silly fine?

Thanks

its NOT A FINE

read the paperwork carefully

nowhere do they use that word

its a SPECULATIVE INVOICE

and your lease/tenancy agreement far trumps their silly contract to manager the parking spaces with the management agency of your flats

I bet the landowner doesn't even know these fleecers at operating there.

you've appealed

best to ignore now.

please complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, I wasn't able to appeal because the website won't submit my claim. The funny thing is, I bought the car literally two days ago, it is registered on this address & this parking spot. Has anyone else dealt with these guys?

ok get that link sorted please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

Right, you have got a ticket slapped on your vehicle.

What you do is WAIT until they issue a notice to keeper which under the POFA must arrive between 29 and 56 days after the date of the event.

i hope that your keeper details are correct otherwise you will have a lot of trouble with this.

When you get the NTK you come back here and post it up so we can read it.

In the meanwhile you read the lease for your flat and see what it says about parking.

If you have a space that is allocated to the flat in the lease

the parking co is trespassing

you wont be polite in your response to them when the time comes.

Also post up pictures of the signage as often the wording is rubbish and they cant create a contract with anyone, let alone you.

The permit scheme is an administractive function that is supposed to work for you,

not make money for a bunch of uselss ex-clampers

they see it differently and have sold a story to the developments management that is not what happens on the ground.

The management dont care because they get a backhander for this.

Dont try and contact the parking co again until all of the above is done

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Ok, if I don't pay this ticket and let's say they decide to take me to some court even though the car is registered at this parking space, will this appear in my credit score?

For a CCJ to show on your credit file, you’d have to:

a) be taken to Court (unlikely!)

b) lose in court (not going to happen if you follow the advice here correctly)

c) then not pay any judgment sum in time.

So, I wouldn’t be concerned about your credit file, but you do need to start taking notice of the replies here!

you are a huge numer of steps ahead of yourself and risking tripping over yourself.

Take one step at a time,

WAIT for the NTK and show us the signage,

read the lease and

show us the NTK when it arrives.

The chances of PPM getting their letter right is minimal let alone the matter getting as far as you imagination thnks it will.

Ok, if I don't pay this ticket and let's say they decide to take me to some court even though the car is registered at this parking space, will this appear in my credit score?

1 The date of infringement? 22/09/2017 at 01:16am

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] No, their website won't let me do it!

I haven't received a NTK yet, it has only been 4 days since I was issued the charge.

However, I've checked their website and they have photographic evidence of my car being parked in the space along with photos of the actual signs where it says that you need to display your permit.

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? Parking Property & Management Ltd

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Private property in central Birmingham

Royal Corps of Signals is ‘Certo Cito’ : swift and sure (in conjunction with Mercury on their cap badge).

Does one of the individual regiments of the Corp use “Forewarned is Forearmed”? Isn’t that (well, was) the motto of the ROC?

I quite like the unofficial motto of the Intelligence Corp: “We bet YOUR life on it”......

A little update,

I was able to appeal through their website

apparently you have to shrink the photographs to a very small size otherwise the system won't let you submit your appeal

. I have also taken a photograph of the sign which says that

"Retrospective evidence of authority to park will not be accepted".

What are your thoughts guys?

I get an error for that image.

Supremacy granted by your lease (if it is in there!) is prospective, not retrospective.

Beyond that:

I think you need to follow the advice you’ve been given.

you are a huge numer of steps ahead of yourself and risking tripping over yourself.

Take one step at a time,

WAIT for the NTK and show us the signage,

read the lease and

show us the NTK when it arrives.

Why do you think you should be doing anything else instead, especially “appealing” to them before getting the NTK.......

Have you done so? If so you may have identified yourself as the driver.....

Have you identified yourself as the driver? (if you haven’t, DON’T!)

Doh :doh: you should have held fire and followed what the team said, all might not be lost as your supremacy as leaseholder/Tenant should trump their signs and supposed rights to issue a parking charge.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

There goes a major plank to a defence, although the ‘supremacy issue’ may see you through.

You were advised to hold fire : there really is no helping some people!

I think in fairness panic set in and brain was engaged post mortem sadly. Need to develop the supremacy of lease/Tencncy as imperative imho.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Why did you do that??

What are you scared off to panic that way???

and they

what are our thoughts?

unprintable

you have ignored every bit of advice given then ask us whether we think you have been a good boy. NO we do not.

There are thousands of thread here plus half a dozen other motoring forums where you can ask for and take advice but you fail to read any of them or if you have still blindly do exactly the opposite of that advice.

What do you think the POFA is for?

it is for your protection because the parking co's have to obey it to create any keeper liability. They also have to use the correct wording in their Notice to Keeper or it isn't a document that is worth a damn when it comes to claiming from the driver either.

You have now allowed them to circumnavigate the law.

Ultimately it wont make their contract worth anything if your lease stipulates that the space is yours but they are emboldened to say things to try and get you to pay up that aren't true because they see you as sitting there worrying over this matter when if you had done nothing they wouldn't have a clue who was driving nor what your intentions are.

This has actually increased the likelihood that they will sue you when you dont pay them because they have you down as a mug.

Now, get on with showing us the signage and get a copy of the lease so you can firmly put them in their place before they embark on that action.

my appeal has been rejected

The signage at the site is clearly visible and the information on the signage informs the driver of the parking conditions at the location.

Signage is prominent throughout the parking area.

Signage location, size, content and font has been audited by the Independent Parking Committee.

It is the driver’s responsibility to hek for signage, hek the legality and otain any authorisation for parking before leaving their vehicle.

The fact you are a permit holder is not in dispute,

however, as a permit holder you are aware of the fact a permit must be displayed and the result of non-display.

As per the signage, retrospective evidence of authority to park is not accepted.

The parking scheme is in place due to historical parking issues at the development.

The scheme offers security and exclusivity to resident bays by combating parking issues.

For the basis of treating all residents fairly and equally,

all vehicles parking otherwise than in accordance with the conditions must be dealt with the same way,

otherwise the parking control provides no protection to the residents.

If the permit is not totally visible on the said occasion whether intentional or not, we feel the driver must take responsibility for this.

We also feel that it falls into the category of not parking in accordance with the conditions, by not clearly displaying a valid permit.

Signage states permits must be fully displayed in the front windscreen.

Had the permit been fully and clearly displayed in the windscreen there would have been no cause to issue the PCN.

The operator cannot know why a valid permit is not displayed.

They are contracted to monitor ALL vehicles on site and ensure a correctly displayed valid permit is on show in every vehicle to ascertain authority to park on site.

As a resident in receipt of a permit, you will be aware of the content of the signage on site.

load of cobbrers

they can feel what they like ...

and they