Tax Owed on Company Car

GaryNI
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Back in January 2015 i started a new job and with it came a company car, i got all the details and immediately called HMRC to inform them of this. Fast forward a few months and in August 2015 i left the company,returned the company car and again immediately called HMRC to inform them of this. Started a new job with a new company in September 2015 which didn't come with a company car. I get a letter from HMRC in September 2015 to say that i have underpaid tax so i call them up and they say its to do with the company car i used to have in the old job, they said they will adjust my tax code to make sure i pay back what i owe in the next financial year. I never really argued and said ok. Fast forward to now and i am still paying it back and my tax code has changed at least twice because of it all. Surely i shouldn't be paying back tax on a company car i returned back in August 2015 and even informed HMRC of all the changes??