Job search at JC

Freddy77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all ,

is it a mandatory requirement to search for jobs using the JC pc`s ? . I had an appointment today thinking I was going to show my job search since I started claiming [ last week] but was told I had to use the JC PC`s to do a job search & that was the purpose of the appointment , I questioned it & I was informed if you don't it may go against my claim . The fact I showed 26 job applications & I had attended an interview yesterday & had 2 really promising replies to speculative CV`s I had sent out was of no interest at all .

Thanks in advance

Freddy

No its not.

You can use your own pc to log into universal search.

They can see everytime you log in.

You can, but you do not have to, allow them access to the searches and applications you have done.

But if you deny them access you may have to prove by other means what searches and applications you've made

Hello all ,

is it a mandatory requirement to search for jobs using the JC pc`s ? . I had an appointment today thinking I was going to show my job search since I started claiming [ last week] but was told I had to use the JC PC`s to do a job search & that was the purpose of the appointment , I questioned it & I was informed if you don't it may go against my claim . The fact I showed 26 job applications & I had attended an interview yesterday & had 2 really promising replies to speculative CV`s I had sent out was of no interest at all .

Thanks in advance

Freddy

I would think you refer back to whatever you agreed with the JC. If you are meeting the conditions you agreed to, then i can't see that they could penalise you for not using the JC computer. Did you commit to spending time at the JC doing job searches ?

Perhaps the JC staff are being encouraged by their managers to get people to use the computers. Many JC's are facing closure threats, as benefits will be dealt with remotely by call centres. So JC staff might want to demonstrate that a JC office is still very useful to have.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No its not.

You can use your own pc to log into universal search.

They can see everytime you log in.

You can, but you do not have to, allow them access to the searches and applications you have done.

But if you deny them access you may have to prove by other means what searches and applications you've made

Thanks for the reply , I did think as much when the manager would not directly answer YES/ NO to my question , I did use the computer but only on the vailed threat . Do you have a link for this information by any chance ? , I would like to print it off & show them . I will use my phone for showing my applications & responses , I trust we can choose how we present our job search , or is that a set rule too? .

I have a UJM account but do not use it & have unticked all the boxes , it is a woeful site IMHO & I feel much happier doing my JS my own way .

Thanks again.

I would think you refer back to whatever you agreed with the JC. If you are meeting the conditions you agreed to, then i can't see that they could penalise you for not using the JC computer. Did you commit to spending time at the JC doing job searches ?

Perhaps the JC staff are being encouraged by their managers to get people to use the computers. Many JC's are facing closure threats, as benefits will be dealt with remotely by call centres. So JC staff might want to demonstrate that a JC office is still very useful to have.

I will check on the reams of paperwork I was given , i just glanced at the stuff i was asked to sign due to the speed they were processing me at . If it proves to be the case that i did agree , can i review the agreement to alter this ? .

Thanks for the reply .