Jump to content


AO.Com - Faulty Hoover Washer / Dryer Under 6 Months Old


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

Just want some advise on where I stand from a consumer side of things, I purchased a HooverDXCC5962B_BK Washer Dryer in Black from AO on the 01/04/2017 for when we moved into our first home and last week it came up with a heat sensor error code (E11.) It washes but no longer dries (luckily I kept our old dryer in the shed so have been able to dry larger items)

 

I made AO aware about a week ago of the issue and they passed me onto Hoover, so I dealt with Hoover and they sent someone out yesterday to repair the machine. He turned up on time (always nice these days) and replaced the sensor in about 15 minutes, so assuming it was all sorted he left.

 

My partner then put a wash and dry load on before she left the house, on arriving back the error code was still there :(

 

So back on the phone to AO who this time didn't automatically put me through to Hoover as it was out of their opening hours and I was told I would have to wait for her to call Hoover in the morning to arrange another appointment to have it repaired, I said that's fine and we agreed an appointment.

 

I then asked what happens if this second repair doesn't work where do I stand as I don't want to be waiting days at a time for an appointment as I can't take any time off of work and my partner works shifts so timed / all day appointments can be a bit tricky, I was told that I would have to have Hoover out a "few" times to try and repair it if the previous repairs don't work.

 

In legal / consumer terms what would be considered a "few" times before I can ask them to just replace it as it obviously isn't fit for it's purpose ? It wasn't a cheap machine and I don't want to be passed around in the middle of the two companies trying to get it sorted.

 

Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 The quality of goods includes their state and condition; and the following aspects (among

others) are in appropriate cases aspects of the quality of goods—

(a) fitness for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are usually supplied;

(b) appearance and finish;

© freedom from minor defects;

(d) safety;

(e) durability.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 The quality of goods includes their state and condition; and the following aspects (among

others) are in appropriate cases aspects of the quality of goods—

(a) fitness for all the purposes for which goods of that kind are usually supplied;

(b) appearance and finish;

© freedom from minor defects;

(d) safety;

(e) durability.

 

Called them up, as the 2nd visit has been booked they want them out to try and see if they can repair it, (if they can that is fine, but it looks it can happen again after repairs) but after reading online this is quite a common fault :/ If I can get this one returned I would rather go for a different model / brand.

 

They said that they have the right to keep to the 2nd repair as it is and I have to wait, phone cut out and I have to finish my lunch break so couldn't call back. The 2nd repair is booked for next Monday as they don't cover weekends so they have plenty of time to get Hoover to cancel the appointment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Id just phone them up and say after further research it appears a common problem. You now have no faith or desire to have an expensive item that is of inferior quality and is known for breakdown.

As I am within a reasonable amount of time, I find the fault is inherent upon delivery and put you to prove otherwise as stated in cra

I'm rejecting the goods forth with and expect a full refund promptly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Id just phone them up and say after further research it appears a common problem. You now have no faith or desire to have an expensive item that is of inferior quality and is known for breakdown.

As I am within a reasonable amount of time, I find the fault is inherent upon delivery and put you to prove otherwise as stated in cra

I'm rejecting the goods forth with and expect a full refund promptly.

 

On to their live chat;

 

 


    • Due to the first repair failing I have the legal right to reject.
       
      "If a repair or replacement is not possible, or the attempt at repair fails, or the first replacement also turns out to be defective, you have a further right to receive a refund of up to 100% of the price you paid, or to reject the goods for a full refund."
       
      www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act#the-first-six-months
    • 1:21:23 p.m.
      Im not being awkward it is just I can't take time off work till Decemeber and I work 8am-6pm and my partner is on shifts so it may be days till she gets a full day off where an engineer can come.
    • 1:23:09 p.m.
      Also after further research it appears a common problem, not just with this model but several Hoover models. I now have no faith or desire to have an expensive item that is of inferior quality and is known for breakdown.

     

    [*]Holly

    • 1:23:17 p.m.
      We are aware of our obligations and would always honour them I can assure you this. At the moment there is no proof of the fault which is why we need the engineer to confirm this. Without this we wouldn't be able to assist you further. We have the right as a retailer to prove that an appliance is faulty before any further action can be taken. Once the engineer has visited and confirmed a fault we can assist you further

     

    • Robert Atkins
       
      • 1:24:34 p.m.
        But the fault was confirmed on his first visit was it not ?
         
        Plus;
         
        "
        If you discover the fault within the first six months after buying the product, it is presumed to have been there since the time of purchase - unless the retailer can prove otherwise.
         
        During this time, it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there when you bought it - it's not up to you to prove that it was. "

       

      [*]Holly

       

      • 1:27:36 p.m.
        This was then fixed and tested as working okay. We arrange all engineer visits directly with the manufacturer, as they are able diagnose any faults and are the most experienced in their field. Once the engineer has been and confirmed there is a second fault we can assist you further. I'm afraid until the engineer has been we can't confirm there is a fault with the appliance. As I've mentioned I've arranged for someone to contact you on Tuesday following the visit once the engineers visit has been submitted to Hoover so we can help you further. I can appreciate how disappointing it must be to experience a fault with your appliance. We're here to help but do require the opportunity to prove that the appliance is faulty.

       

      [*]Robert Atkins

       

      • 1:29:14 p.m.
        It was never tested the engineer was here for 15 minutes. Left all the old parts and rubbish around the kitchen, it was only after WE tested it we discovered the fault was never repaired. I can easily prove that it is still faulty with a simple picture / video showing the fault code and serial number of the machine.
      • 1:30:14 p.m.
        So if this engineer comes on Monday will he only be confirming the fault or repairing it, because at the moment I am rejecting the goods so I will be refusing him repairing it on the day as I don't want to continue with this machine / brand with it being a common fault.

       

    They want to the 2nd engineer visit to confirm the fault, I thought it was their place to prove the fault wasn't there, can they not do that once it reaches them or I could even take a video / picture of the error code.

    Could I say I will have the 2nd visit only to confirm the fault but don't want a repair ?

     

     

Edited by PIXeL_92
Added chat log
Link to post
Share on other sites

Let them come, show the engineer the fault code, tell him to take a picture, he is not to open up the back of the machine or try to repair it in any way. Then tell him to take the piece of garbage machine with him .

 

Video record him in your kitchen on your phone.

Tell him on arrival you will be recording.

If he/sje doesn't like this then turn around and walk away but you will be taking this as a refusal confirm or deny fault.

 

Hoover are reknown for trying it on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chat has gone a bit further will just give a break down;

 

 

  • They are saying they have the right to confirm inspect the goods at my premises before they do anything (even though the first fault was never repaired or tested by Hoover and is still present)
  • They said it needs to be a manufacturing fault to be able to return it (I assume faulty sensors and bad wiring are a manufacturing fault.)
  • Engineer is coming next Monday and I have to specifiy to him I don't want it repairing just for the fault to be written down in a report to be sent back to Hoover then AO
  • Initially they only offered to exchange it but I have said I will only be happy with a refund so I can go elsewhere, they have now agreed I am entitled to this

So I guess I just need to wait till Monday now and see if they stick to their word.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Let them come, show the engineer the fault code, tell him to take a picture, he is not to open up the back of the machine or try to repair it in any way. Then tell him to take the piece of garbage machine with him .

 

Video record him in your kitchen on your phone.

Tell him on arrival you will be recording.

If he/sje doesn't like this then turn around and walk away but you will be taking this as a refusal confirm or deny fault.

 

Hoover are reknown for trying it on.

 

Tbh it isn't really Hoover that I am having the issue with it is AO getting them to approve the refund etc.

The first visit he was there for 15 mins, he replaced the sensor fiddled with the wires and then left saying it was sorted, turns out he didn't even test it and left a load of rubbish and a couple parts laying around in different areas of the kitchen.

 

I don't think it will be Hoover taking the machine away at any point it will be AO.com, what I will do though is type up something on the PC to basically say, this machine hasn't been opened on this visit but a fault report for Hoover / AO has been produced and then get him to sign it along with myself.

 

This was the last part of the chat;

 

"Holly


    • 1:45:57 p.m.
      I can assure you there is no need to go to a small claims court. The engineer just need to ascertain the fault and you will need to let them know that you're rejecting a repair. The engineer will then submit his report to Hoover. We will then contact them fro this on Tuesday before contacting you. As long as the engineer has confirmed in the report the appliance is faulty, we can arrange for the appliance to be collected and issue a replacement or refund."

    So hopefully Tuesday I will have a call from AO offering the collection / refund.

     

     

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stand firm, you know your rights.

Now they know that you know.

 

Yeah I will be doing, hopefully doesn't need to go as far as a small claims court but would happily do it for the experience lol.

 

Will update once it has all been sorted or if there are any other issues.

 

Cheers again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 years later...

Heya,

 

Sorry completely forgot about this, the engineer saw the fault and confirmed it was the same as the last fault. I told him I didn't want him to repair it as we are rejecting it based on the above and he said that is fine and will make a note.

 

Called up AO the next day to confirm what the engineer had said in his report and they agreed to come and remove the machine and refund, in the end I ended up paying a bit extra and said to them to put the refund towards the Samsung we decided on and when that was delivered this was lifted.

 

Still going till this day.

 

Cheers

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...