Help for the long term unemployed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been on benefits since 2005 because of ill health.

I have a hormonal inbalance which is associated with many mental health and physical comorbidities.

Also alcohol dependent since 2005.

I'm waiting for a medical detox for the alcohol and then going on hormone replacement.

I know because of the big gap on my cv (unemployed for almost 13 years), I'm going to find it very difficult finding a job.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any organisations that help the long term unemployed?

Thanks.

Provision often varies depending on where you live. Try asking at a local MIND office - that would be an organisation experienced in mental health issues who will have links to all sorts of services.

Well done for the positive attitude you are showing. It is never too late to move on and do something positive with your life. I hope you succeed.

Start with something small? :)

When i hit rock bottom a few years ago - I worked a stop gap job for a little while - That was Mcdonalds.

I then moved away and found a decent job?

Have you considered that?

I know its not great advice but it might help :) Plus consider looking at recruitment agencies for tempt to perm bookings x

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis