Kensington 28 day possession order

jeffkitty123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Is the mortgage in joint names and are there any children living at the property ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have affixed a draft letter - you will need to put Kensington's address and the mortgage account number in.

When you have printed off the budget sheet and letter sign it and take two photocopies of both pages. One set will go to Kensington and another set to Drydens - page 2 of the letter affixed is the covering letter to Drydens you need to put with the copy letter and budget sheet.

Keep the other set as your copy and put the postal receipts with it in a safe place so you can check they have signed for it (just in case they say they didn't get it!).

Let me know if you need help with the budget sheet.

Ell

Jeffkitty123.doc

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thank you so much Ell-enn, I will work on this tonight.

Just an update we have received the following letter today from Kensington today:-

We obtained a Straight Order for Possession Hearing on 11th Sept and note that you did not attend.

This order becomes enforceable on the 9th Oct at which time we will apply for an Eviction date.

Repossession is not a step that is taken lightly and it may be possible even at this last stage to reach a mutually acceptable agreement that will allow you to remain in your home.

In view of the circumstances, we believe it would be beneficial for an independent field representative to visit your home.

The field representative will review your financial position to help to assess your affordability to maintain your mortgage payments and clear the arrears over a reasonable period of time. Please note a field representative in unable to provide any financial advice.

The service carries a fee of £96 that will be debited to your mortgage acc and this fee will attract interest until such time as it has been paid.

If you do not wish to take advantage of this service please inform us within 5 working days on the above telephone number an you will not incur a fee. However, if you don not contact us within this period a cancellation fee of £60 may apply.

Failure to reach an acceptable agreement will result in an Eviction date being scheduled and you will be expected to leave the property by that date. If you do not leave the property by that date a Bailiff will attend and evict you from the property.

If you have not done so already, we suggest you make early contact with the housing dept within your local authority to establish where you are eligible for local authority housing of the property is repossessed.

Should you wish to discuss the matter further, please do not hesitate to contact us on the above number.

Hi there, pretty standard letter - just add a sentence into your letter stating that you have no need of a field agent and do not expect the fee for that to be added to your account.

and I love the way the cheeky beggars have introduced a cancellation fee

god they are getting worse!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

which is why reclaiming ALL these fees is SOO important.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I understand DX but keeping my house is my priority at the mo

Absolutely ! we can deal with all the other stuff afterwards

How are you getting on with the budget sheet ?

part of that aim is using their stick to beat them with.

If they are piling interest on to unlwaful fees then the amount you supposedly owe keeps going up.

Reclaim these fees and interest and the sum you pay interest on falls so you win both ways.

It also means that the figures they produce to try and persuade a court to give them possession are false

so again another win for you as they will be sent away with a costs order ringing in their ears

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update - Kensington sent out the field agent (AGAIN)..

we were both in work and charged us again.

Letter received from Kensington saying following our telephone conversation (what telephone conversation... I can only assume they mean the budget sheet and covering letter), we are looking into your complaints and will get back to you.

Also letter received from drydens fairfax,

thank you for your letter dated 21/9/17 of which the contents have been noted and we have referred your payment proposal to our client and are awaiting their instructions.

Also received a mortgage statement that looks different - for the first time they havent applied any fees. :???:

The deadline date for when the order became enforceable was yesterday..

I am terrified of what is going to happen now?

nothing you've pull the plug out of their inflatable bed they use to be a big bully

and they

You've caught them out...

You are reading other Kenny repo threads...??

Kenny's never back down until court

They seem to be

and they

Hi, understandably you are anxious as you don't know what they are going to do - however plus points are that they have your letter offering payment, have acknowledged that they have received it and are considering the offer. I think they would be very unwise to try and enforce the order when you have a perfectly acceptable payment proposal on offer - but you should keep making payments in line with your offer while this is going on - it will help your case. If they don't accept then we will deal with it.

The most important thing is to get the payment arrangement accepted, in place and paid for a few months - then gather all the info to get reclaiming charges/fees etc. don't get distracted with tackling this at the moment - it's not urgent, but the roof over your head is ! and you need to feel secure about that before tacking anything else - one thing at a time is always best.

:thumb:

Letter received today from Kensington :)

I refer to your recent proposal to pay £50 in addition to your contractual monthly payment, in order to reduce the arrears on your account, currently amounting to xxxx

Your proposal has been accepted for a period of 3 months, after which time, we will look to fully review your financial position.

The first payment under this temporary arrangement will be in the amount of £596.54 due on the 31/10/17, and subsequent payments of £597.18 due on the last working day of each month thereafter.

As we have agreed to a voluntary arrangement , this would be without prejudice to the court order.

If you fail to make the payments we will automatically revert back to the original court order and if in default of this , we may instruct our solicitors to enforce the Possession Order.

If the arrears on your mortgage acc are equivalent to or over your monthly payment on the last working day of the month, you may incur a £40 monthly arrears fee.

The fee can be waived if an acceptable arrangement is agreed.

I wonder if this is why we didnt have any fees added this month???)

I trust this confirms the current position of your account.

I think we can say thats a result :)

Excellent, glad the letter worked for you :)

• 8 months later...

Help - Eviction order received today for the 25th July .

Letter received from Kensington last week and we sent recorded delivery proposals for the full monthly payments plus an extra 200.. per month.

They havent replied

today we received letter from Fairfax dated 28 June applying for eviction order.

Today also a hand delivered letter from the court for the above eviction date.

Is there anything we can do?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

so you've been missing payments??

tell us whats been going on since you last posted.

dx

and they

We kept up the payment arrangement for the above (50) extra per month.

We heard nothing after this date to carry on, naively.

but we havent missed any payments since (but havent reduced the arrears either)

We have no where to go

I tried ringing fairfax but they are not open until tomorrow

Edited by dx100uk
merge

and I expect the fleecers have been charging you their £49 fee each month too adding to the arrears as you didn't get reclaiming?

what were the arrears when you started the arrangement, what are the arrears now>

and they