Northwest mini centre help please

Cheshirecat386
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How so?. How can you show he wasn't "hoping it'd all come right & he'd be able to trade his way out of trouble"?

That is a potential defence for each and every charge : the volume in itself proves nothing - surely the timings (in combination with the accounts for the firm) are more relevant?

Because he's been taking money off people since 2011 for restoration work that he's never done.

The fact over a 6-7 year period he's filled two large storage units and a yard with customers cars and not even touched them while living a life of luxury is to me fraud.

He text me two weeks ago and told me he didn't have the cash,time or means to complete my car yet the same week he took on a friends car as in insurance job and completed the work.

his in it's self proves he did.

He's told everyone he's skint and has no money yet handed over £3500 to someone that seized his tools off him on Friday morning.

He's took a deposit off a customer then emailed them weeks later saying work is going on and we are ready for first instalment money's been sent then a few weeks later same again yet the car hasn't been touched - it's blatant fraud.

I'm not saying we have to persue him as a group but as a group of victims we are better equipped to deal with it, seek advice and move forward.

You seem very negative to the whole thing.

Have you had dealings with Chris??

Does he owe you money??

You seem very negative to the whole thing.

Have you had dealings with Chris??

Does he owe you money??

No, I have no dealings or connection with him.

My "negativity" is in:

a) the difficulty in enforcing a judgment against an insolvent company

b) the difficulty in getting a judgment against a director for a company's debts

c) the difficulty in proving a prosecution for fraud (being to the criminal standard of proof rather than the civil standard of "balance of probabilities).

In case you are still in doubt, I posted further up the thread:

Did they get any extra money from you based on the emails / photos?

If so would you consider reporting him to the police where they can consider if there has been a fraud by false representation?

In other words, if there is stronger evidence of a dishonest false representation causing a loss, I was suggesting reporting it for consideration of prosecution!

I just want any expectation of outcome to be a realistic one.

Personally I don't want to post the full story or updates on here as Chris also reads this site.

I want to find a way of getting names/ numbers for all affected and then seeing what police will do - lot more chance of them taking it seriously if there is a group.

And yes, he did get next instalments based on the emails saying he had done work.

I know it's fraud, you know it's fraud but how to get him in custody is another matter.

Problem is admin tell you to start a new thread each time. Anyway.

He did export money based on the emails = fraud.

However getting him in custody is another matter.

I agree, multiple threads of different issues makes knowing just how many people are in our situation very difficult. As an update to my car, I had it dropped off by NWMC and the "business is being taken over by the receivers who will be in touch with me" (that was after my last phone call last week).

the more complaints the more weight

the more threads

the more publicity

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I agree, multiple threads of different issues makes knowing just how many people are in our situation very difficult. As an update to my car, I had it dropped off by NWMC and the "business is being taken over by the receivers who will be in touch with me" (that was after my last phone call last week).

So they just randomly turned up with your car and dropped it off.

Carnt understand why he's gone to the bother of delivering some cars back to owners but then others have been left there for the liquidators to seize.

Hi, sorry I've only just seen your post.

Yes, my car was returned back on Monday 11th September.

The car was a wreck (seemingly much more than when it had been collected)

most of my stuff I had bought for the car and dropped off

(in the months leading up to my wedding in November 2016 when the car was supposed to be ready for - another story) were inside the car, in boxes.

I had also bought new carpets and underlayer for the car too, these were nowhere to be seen.

I called Chris and spoke to him the day after and he said he would have a look for them but thats the last I heard from him.

Phone goes to 'invalid number' now so i'm guessing he's gone properly AWOL and changed numbers.

Is your car still at the unit?

Latest update - chris has gone AWOL. Steve and Mark have taken over workshop and want all cars gone by end September. Derbyshire police very interested in this case as below. Lots of people have been defrauded.

People affected need to ring 101... press # for alternative station and say Derbyshire. Then get through to that constabulary (if you are not from round there).

You can quote this incident number and it will make a bigger case. If you can get in to make a statement then great!

Ex-employees / customers alike!

EDIT: CASE NUMBER 797250917

Latest update - chris has gone AWOL. Steve and Mark have taken over workshop and want all cars gone by end September. Derbyshire police very interested in this case as below. Lots of people have been defrauded.

People affected need to ring 101... press # for alternative station and say Derbyshire. Then get through to that constabulary (if you are not from round there).

You can quote this incident number and it will make a bigger case. If you can get in to make a statement then great!

Ex-employees / customers alike!

EDIT: CASE NUMBER 797250917

Thanks very much for the update, have you had any luck with the case so far or are they looking into it? As I said earlier, we could do with all people knowing this information but as there are so many threads it is difficult to know how many people are in the same position. Maybe post that 'post' on all related threads so police can get as much info as possible?

Only just sorted it today. There is a Facebook group too - look under 'disgruntledNwmc' and hopefully it should come up. Quite a few of us on thrrr.

Great stuff thank you. I will look it up and be in touch with Derbyshire. Will update on here as and when I find out more.