Fit4Less (Harlands cancellation of no contract Direct Debit)

Spook-LD
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon.

At the end of last month around the August bank holiday weekend (2017) I decided to cancel my direct debit to Fit4Less because of an upcoming medical condition.

On the same day I sent a message to my local Fit4Less on their website contact page saying I would no longer be able to attend and so I have cancelled my direct debit. I had no response.

on September the 4th i receive a letter from Harlands saying:

Dear MR ***,

re: Your membership to Fit4Less

We are writing with regards to your membership for Fit4Less as we have been advised by your bank that your Direct Debit instruction has been cancelled and as a result we have been unable to collect your monthly installment of £44.99. Due to this payment being missed you have incurred a £20.00 administration charge.

We would like to help you keep up to date with your membership payments and we understand this may have been a mistake so would kindly ask you to contact the Harlands Customer Service team on 01444449029* to pay the outstanding balance and reinstate your Direct Debit. Alternatively you have the ability to make a payment and reinstate your Direct Debit using our secure online payment service by following the link and using the details provided bellow.

Go to *some url*

You will need the following information to hand:

- Ref Number

-Credit/Debit card details

-Arrears to be paid £44.99

Please note you will not be able to access the club until this balance has been cleared.

We remind you that under the terms of your membership you need to provide 1 month's notice and therefore need to make another monthly payment. Failure to do so will result in further action so please contact us immediately to resolve and avoid this.

If however you are having any problems with your membership or payments please contact the Harlands Customer Service team on 01444449029* or email us at *theire email* and we will be happy to discuss your account. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Telephone lines are open from 9am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and we look forward to receiving your call.

Yours sincerely,

Harlands

"

My monthly installments have been on a no contract Direct debit of £24.99.

I understand I should have paid his final installment but do I have a leg to stand on if i refuse to pay the admin charge.

I am also going to the hospital tomorrow for his condition so I am tempted to ask for a doctors note.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

simply send the letter that's here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481171-Roko-gym-and-CRS-debt.-Advice-needed(2-Viewing)-nbsp&p=5060511#post5060511

then ignore them.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Spook and welcome to CAG

Here's the link to the letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476155-Help-with-harlands!&p=5012255&viewfull=1#post5012255

Adapt and use it and follow the advice about proof of posting.

Don't speak to Harlands/CRS or the gym at all - there's no need for this at all.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi guys.

Thanks for the link :)

I'll send that off and if it's not accepted I'll happily keep tossing their letters in the bin!

Do you reckon it's worth getting a doctors note as well just in case?

Thanks again!

Hi Spook,

No, don't bother getting any Dr's Cert.

No matter what you say or provide to Harlands/CRS, they'll say you fell into arrears and owe their admin fees. And because you failed to pay what they say you owe, they'll just continue piling on their fees.

Send the offer letter and then ignore them, but keep us posted.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Hi :)

Sent that letter last week and they have responded:

Further to your recent letter to our offices.

Harlands can confirm that the amount to be made for your final payment is for the month of £24.99. Please forward this to Harlands, either via postal order or cheque or contact our helpline and make a payment over the telephone.

We hope you find this to be in order.

Yours Sincerely,

Harlands

I'm happy to simply send them a cheque with a letter confirming the matter is settled. Or would you suggest writing asking for details to send them a bank transfer? A cheque would be easy so it is completed quickly.

Thanks again!

Spook

Blimey looks like they are finally understanding the slick132 methodology

Cheque is ok

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Spook,

........ the amount to be made for your final payment is for the month of £24.99.

This doesn't quite make sense but, as they refer to "your final payment", send them a cheque and that should be the end of this.

Keep us posted as necessary ............

Hi Spook,

I suggest you send the cheque with a letter saying no more than this :-

I refer to your letter of xxdate and enclose my cheque for £24.99 in full and final settlement of all that is owed for this gym agreement.

Nothing more is needed apart from their reference number.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey hey.

Just had final letter from Harlands thanking me for the cheque that has been receipted onto my account. They also confirmed the agreement is now closed with no further payments due.

All is well :)

Thanks for all of your help!

Luke

Happy Days !!