Xercise4Less complaint not satisfactorily resolved,

TMR2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I suffered a change in circumstances leading to a significant drop with my salary.

I was unable to honour my direct debit to Harlands to cover my gym membership for Xercise4Less so cancelled it without giving them any notice.

I find out later that they charged me a £25 admin free as per their terms and conditions.

The T&Cs mentioned were news to me as not aware of any.

None were presented at the time I took my membership out, and all I signed was the direct debit mandate to authorise them to deduct £9.99 on a monthly basis.

I eventually found the T&Cs in the acknowledgement email from Harlands, but they were hidden within the DD instruction and mandate so I missed them.

Also the principle term states that this agreement will commence once signed by both parties - neither party has signed and Harlands/X4L didn't seek a signature.

Due to the too'ing and fro'ing, misinformation, adding charges willy nilly, they are now saying the balance is now £171.74.

I sent Harlands a letter offering £13.99 to cover membership costs between 2nd May and 12th June (based on Slick's template on this forum - thank you), but this has now lapsed and no further contact has been received from Harlands.

I've gone through the complaints procedure with X4L, and not received a satisfactory reply.

X4L are insisting that I pay £34.99 to cover one months gym membership and an admin charge (this has been dropped from £171.74).

My argument is the t&cs weren't agreed and I should pay nothing as I haven't received anything that I haven't paid for although I did offer to pay £13.99, and .

The next course of action I was going to take, was to raise a complaint with the relevant ombudsman, but can't find who the relevant ombudsman is.

Does anyone on this forum know who the relevant ombudsman is?

If there is no relevant ombudsman,

what is my best cause of action?

Thanks, in anticipation

Ignore now

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi TMR and welcome to CAG

If Harlands took any admin fee using your DD, you should reclaim it citing the DD Guarantee Scheme direct with your bank. You need only tell the bank the DD included fees you did not agree to.

The bank should refund without question.

Other threads here will tell you Harlands need to be ignored mostly.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

did you get your moneyback?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you can still do a dd guarantee reclaim if they took that £25 off you

go read post 4

and they

Thanks for replying. No admin fee was taken by DD - I cancelled the DD at the beginning of this palaver.

Sorry, must not have been clear in my original post.

I cancelled my DD when I knew I couldn't honour my normal payment due at the beginning of May

- I didn't want to be slapped with a bank charge by my bank

. Harlands then put my account in arrears for the original £9.99 and an admin charge of £25, and then they just kept adding charges for the fun of it, none of which I have paid, so no reclaim necessary.

Then as post 2

and they