• Tweets

• hi  this is the  4th  go  i have put the proper values in the poc  and date  haven't got a clue what i typed in first post lol  Particulars of Claim 1.the defendant owes the claimant £657.10 under a regulated loan agreement with money in advance ltd dated  25/07/ 2013 which was assigned to claimant on 12/05/2014 and notice of which was given to the defendant on  12/05/2014  (debt) 2.despite formal demand for payment of the debt the defendant has failed to pay.and the claimant claims £657.10 and further claims interest there on pursuant to section 69  of the county court act  1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at  the rate of 8.00% per annum amounting to £52.56 i presume   we dont  need to mention the irregularities in  the recon agreement  compared to the original   no proper copy of nos  and  no proper statement of account  to show how this debt has grown  no default notice  never been served  by original creditor  a notice of arrears. DEFENCE  the defendant contends that the poc  are vague and generic in nature  the claimant replied to a request made under a reply to a pre action protocol  letter of claim made on 19/11/2018 the reply contained  incomplete reconstitutions with irregularities in the  reconstituted agreement It is therefore considered that this is not a true copy of the executed agreement  and with documents missing from the list in my request a cpr 31.14 request was made to the claimants solicitor  dated  2/06/2019  in the reply dated 12/06/2019  they have not adhered to my request  and they  state clearly  cpr  rule 31. does not apply  the claimant has shown no evidence how the amount claimed has been reached  the claimant has shown no evidence of a legal right  to claim this debt therefore the claimant is  put to strict proof to   a) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for;  b show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.  
    • Current address.....previous known address.....are accepted where a defendant may be served.   How did the claimant know your place of work address ?  And what is your Boss doing opening post not addressed to him ?   I think we need full details of the nature of this claim.   See CPR 6.9   https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part06#6.3   Nature of defendant to be served  Place of service 1. Individual Usual or last known residence. 2. Individual being sued in the name of a business Usual or last known residence of the individual; or principal or last known place of business.          
    • https://www.gov.uk/government/news/review-of-blue-badge-fraud-as-scheme-is-extended-to-those-with-hidden-disabilities   https://www.autism.org.uk/get-involved/media-centre/news/2019-06-14-blue-badge-what-happens-next.aspx
    • So how did they get that screenshot of your Credit File...  They must leave a marker when they do go on your credit file...
    • Yes that exactly, what it means is that all the dodgy evidence, rubbish POC etc can't be challenged.  Its an own goal that gives them an automatic easy win, and their evidence goes through without any rigorous investigation.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies

Hi there,

I've sifted through a few threads trying to get a jist of what to do.

Quite a bit of info,

I'm hoping someone can help me with my issues

Done a credit report and I've currently 5 defaulted accounts and 1 arrangement

NatWest credit card

- defaulted balance £984 with a current balance of £785.

This debt is paid DD £20p/m directly to Natwest,

I've ignored ALL letters from Wescot who manage my account on behalf of NatWest.

NW have just written to me this week informing that my account has been assigned to Cabot Financial,

to cease my payments to NW and make future payments to Wescot for the foreseeable

- Thoughts/ advice on what to do at all?

Aquacard

- Account in arrangement with CapQuest to pay £5p/m, current balance is £1,200.

This doesn't show as a default on my credit file.

Notes that its in arrangement

Vanquis

- account is defaulted with Hoist Portfolio Ltd

- this was forwarded to Robinson Way and I currently pay £10p/m with them

Current balance £320 defaulted balance was £859 (Dec 2018 6yrs expires)

JD Williams

- Held with Lowell managed with Fredrickson paying £5p/m. £919 defaulted balance, current balance £504 (Nov 2017 6yrs expires)

BT

- Debt was passed to Past Due, then Capital Resolve, then Freds.

I paid Capital Resolve the debt of £91.05

Freds have this as balance owing when I checked online with them

Lowell have a default recorded with the account type being Communications Supplier,

default balance £72, august 2015 which I think is the original BT debt

Oxendales - Default recorded with Lowell, managed and arranged payment with Freds of £5p/m

I have just at the moment cancelled all standing orders & DD's, just want to get some clarity on what to do with them

Thanks

Shelly

bar the old BT debt

[shame you got sca.mmed by PastDue into paying it

that went straight in his pocket and he ran, that's why it still shows as outstanding.]

the rest all need a CCA request sent to whom you were paying or whom is the owner of it now

great idea to cancel all payments!

well done

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

most of the smaller dca's arent licenced with the FCA as deposit takers

if you pay them and they dont pay the original creditor you still owe the money.

DcA's are like estate agents,

they dont own anything

they are selling and you dont have a contract with them.

As for the expiry date given,

they are just when the debt should drop off your file,

not a date when the debt is expunged.

Thanks,

RE; Paying PastDue, yeah I realise that now - wished I'd known before. They really do scare you into paying up (tactics and wording used on the letters they send you)

Great to know, had no idea in regards to the DCA's

I'll def get the CCA Request sent out to them all...

you forgot the golden rule of CAG...

a DCA IS NOT A BAILIFF

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Five CCA requests sent out yesterday...what's the tactic of the DCA's/ expected response/ next stage?

You will have to see. They won't have copies of the CCA's on their files, so will have to contact the orginal creditors. For a CCA taken out after April 2007, they don't need a copy of the original. They can supply a generic CCA doc that was issued at the time.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

you need to be reading up on how these things work.

find proof that aqua did default you

demand capquest remove the entry.

SB is 6yrs no payment

nothing to do with the defaulted or not date

The longer the gap between debt collection and when the accounts were taken out originally, the more difficult it becomes.

As long as the CCA's were issued pre April 2007, then debt enforcement is difficult, as the original CCA is needed, if a court claim is defended.

No CCA request compliance means no payments, which they realise.

They will struggle to get hold of them.

You may never get a reply or it will be months later.

Your debts may just be passed on.

If they threaten, advise them that a CCA request made on x date to x has not been complied with.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

None of my CCA's were ever provided

I've now had the Vanquis/Hoist Portfolio, JDWilliams & Oxendales/Lowell's accounts drop off my credit file

A SAR is currently in progress with NatWest for the MasterCard account defaulted with them in 2016. I receive regular texts and letters from Cabot requesting me to get in touch. A CCA request was sent, they replied and its never been received.

My issue is with CapQuest and an old Aqua card account taken out with them (RBS Bank in 2006). I cannot find a copy of the default notice from Aqua, (I definitely received one) and it no longer shows up on my credit file. CQ has not come forward with my CCA request, when I disputed the entry with Experian CQ lied and said they supplied me with it.

I defaulted on the AQ around 2011 I used to pay them an agreed £5 p/m until CQ took it over in 2014 (looking at bank statements) and I paid them £5 p/m via SO up until 2017 - as per the start of this thread

Aquacard - now New Day haven't responded to my SAR. I sent this Oct 2018. The 40 days is up

CQ - wrote to me saying my account is now being managed by NCO Europe. And are now registering -number of months late payment on my CF

Any suggestions on where to go from her regarding CQ?

Thanks

NatWest SAR received today (electronic PDF file) they've provided nothing at all in regards to; when the account defaulted, payment agreements I had with NatWest directly from 1st default, when passed to DCA, what DCA etc, etc. Basically all the info I exactly wanted for the MasterCard.

I thought with SAR's as it states, more than once that you're requesting everything that they have in relation to X Account (?)

Obviously will go back requesting the missing information

I'd seen recently on my Equifax file that an old BT debt was being recorded by Lowell

This was chased by and already paid to Credit Resolve in 2017

I emailed Lowell last week along with proof of payment asking them to remove the entry

They've said:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email, I have noted your comments and would be happy to assist you.

Account Number

Original Client

Current Balance

xxxxxxxxxx

BT PLC

£72.84

I appreciate the comments you have made and I can see from the screenshot provided this shows the balance due was paid on the 31st of May 2017.

Your query

We’re investigating this matter with BT PLC and will let you know of the outcome.

What happens next?

You don’t need to do anything. The account is on hold and we will contact you again as soon as we hear back from BT PLC.

If you require any further assistance please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Kind Regards,

Hakim

Lowell Financial, part of Lowell

I've paid, I don't owe them, would I have to wait for them to investigate or should they be removing the entry straight away?

Can I go back with the 'remove in 14days or I'll start legal action line'?

Thanks

teach you to blindly pay a dca

that probably paid for their drinks at the pub that night

who were Credit Resolve's client stated on their letter?

Oh well, you live and you learn

BT Group PLC it states 

*Capital Resolve 

if the first lot of DCA's arent registered as deposit takers with the FCA then the debt still exists and you have just been robbed.

That si why you dont pay DCA's but the actual creditor only. If BT had sold the debt on then you pay the new owner of the debt, not a third party

just because you have paid that's no reason to have the account removed

in a way that's immaterial 

ok the bal should be £0 fair comment

the more important thing is the defaulted date bt registered.

paid or not paying or not a debt should vanish from your file on the defaults 6th birthday

doesnt mean its not owed mind

but in your case its £0

already said all this here before.

dx

On 23/04/2019 at 18:45, ericsbrother said:

if the first lot of DCA's arent registered as deposit takers with the FCA then the debt still exists and you have just been robbed.

That si why you dont pay DCA's but the actual creditor only. If BT had sold the debt on then you pay the new owner of the debt, not a third party

To be totally honest, at that actual time I was unaware of the ins & outs - who owns the debt, when to pay, who to pay etc

I was dealing with a cancer diagnosis then and just wanted the matter dealt with & paid up

BT and Capital Resolve were the only chasers at that time

Its only within the last year or so that Lowell have been chasing, and when I checked my credit file there's only Lowell's entry

So I probs got robbed - unfortunate

My issue is how I go about resolving it now, I have proof of payment I paid - at least someone

Is it something I have to take up with BT?

OK balance should be £0, is it that the Lowell entry will remain - as per the 6yrs and they should amend the balance owed?

Thanks

Lowell account should show £0

and must show BT defaulted date