Capquest Shop Direct Agreement

London1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

issuance of claimform halts the sb clock from ticking

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, London1971 said:

So being pessimistic and if I receive a PAP this week in the post, giving me 30 days, and after that a Claim Form giving me 33 days that would take me past the 29th July.  Have they left it too late?

If a claim is issued anytime from August ...yes

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy

I don't really have any defence on this, unless it becomes statute barred, as the CCA all looks compliant. If a PAP letter comes through would I be crazy to try and negotiate a settlement with Capquest?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Is everything else in order....?  Default Notice...balance claimed ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I calculated all the charges from the SAR from the OC, and ran it through the interest calculator, turns out there is a few hundred to potentially be reclaimed. Wouldn't that be for me to claim from the OC?

Also,  the SAR says that the DN was sent out on 15/7/13.  However Capquest have not provided that as part of any request? Is that something that they need to do?

Otherwise, even if I have to pay the full amount it's not really a problem for me anymore, and a small price to prevent a brand new CCJ ruining my chance of remortgaging in the next 18 months.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The DN plays an important part of any intended claim.....but did you receive one ? not whether Capquest can provide one...a DCA can barley provide anything.

should a claim be issued you put the claimant to strict proof submit a defence and test they have all the necessary documents...and still pay the amount demanded by request date and avoid a CCJ if they can disclose all the nessessary...dont jump in too early.

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense, I will sit tight and wait to see if anything comes through.

• 1 month later...

I've not had any further correspondence from Capquest, so fingers crossed it's almost gone statute barred. The SAR from the OC  (Shop Direct) says that the Section 87 DN was sent to me on 15/7/2013,

However on my  Equifax  file the default date is listed as 27/8/2013 from Capquest.  Isn't the default date supposed to be 14 days after the notice is sent?  Rather than the 6 weeks that Capquest seem to be suggesting.

capquest would have inherited the defaulted date from SD when they registered it on cra files.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

7 minutes ago, London1971 said:

I've not had any further correspondence from Capquest, so fingers crossed it's almost gone statute barred. The SAR from the OC  (Shop Direct) says that the Section 87 DN was sent to me on 15/7/2013,

However on my  Equifax  file the default date is listed as 27/8/2013 from Capquest.  Isn't the default date supposed to be 14 days after the notice is sent?  Rather than the 6 weeks that Capquest seem to be suggesting.

Supposedly...in a perfect world.....there is a little leniency applied ....but creditors dont alway register it from the exact expired prescribed time allowed. 

@DX100uk   It's a tick online agreement, I received from my CCA from Capquest a couple of years back

@Andyorch Thanks for that, I'm going to keep with August 1st as the SB date then,

Hopefully it will all pass uneventfully anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

This will be Statute Barred on Wednesday. The SAR from Shop Direct says last payment 25/02/13,  Default Notice (S87) was sent out 15/07/13.  I have the SAR to prove that no payment has been made during the course of the last 6 years, the sold balance from SD is exactly the same as Capquest's balance today.

I'm still receiving a couple of calls per week from Capquest but should I bother sending the Statute Barred letter now, or just let it run and only send it if I receive a PAP.

Thanks in advance.

pers i'd await the pap LOC

yes

and they

Right, that's what I'll do, and hopefully this will be the last you hear of this one:) 

Thanks very much.