dx100uk

sky-accused-letting-72yo-alzheimers-sufferer-pay-110-month-tv-packages

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 688 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/sky-accused-letting-72yo-alzheimers-sufferer-pay-110-month-tv-packages-175050618.html

Media giant Sky allowed an elderly Alzheimer’s to pay £110 a month for his TV package.

Rachel Holdsworth says the family was astounded to learn her uncle, Rodney, was parting with so much.

They thought initially that the 72-year-old, who was diagnosed with early onset dementia a couple of years ago, was paying for broadband despite not having a computer or mobile phone.

But, after finally convincing Sky that she was a relative and gaining access to the account, she learned her uncle was paying out the hefty monthly sum on TV channels.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

It's a sad story, but I don't think it's reasonable to blame Sky, or infact anybody, for this situation really. The article makes no mention of Sky being informed that the gentleman in question had Alzheimers, or indeed any kind of vulnerability, at any point prior to his family getting involved. If Sky suddenly just started assuming any subscribers above a certain age needed special check-ups on a regular basis they'd probably be accused of ageism and treating elderly people like children.

The headline "Sky accused after letting 72yo Alzheimer's sufferer pay £110 a MONTH for TV packages" seems needlessly sensationalist if you ask me.

And the line "Media giant Sky allowed an elderly Alzheimer’s to pay £110 a month for his TV package." seems to heavily imply that they were fully aware of his condition, when the article seems to have no factual basis for that. If they were made aware I'm sure there'd be quotes from the family to say so.