• Tweets

• you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
    • Hi there, the company name on the bit of paper is:   Bristow & Sutor   Says the total amount £990.49 and this includes £235 enforement stage fees,  The CTAX was owed to North Tyneside Council. The guy also said that it wasn't just for CTAX. Other debts were combined.   I did leave other debts behind too when I moved. Perhaps a utility bill, credit card debts and a Provi doorstep loan.   I think the guy said that he would be back Saturday too. This is what I'm trying to avoid multiple visits. Don't want my mam to get upset.   Thanks for the help.   Bear
  • Our picks

robbie73w

shoos for Arrow chasing 11yrs old NRAM shortfall

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 747 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone advise?

Ive received a letter from Arrow Global informing me that they have instructed Shoosmiths Solicitors to contact me to recover £19440 for a Mortgage shortfall from a Northern Rock Mortgage in April 2007.

I remember owning a house around that time and did have a Northern Rock Mortgage but to the best of my knowledge the house was sold and the Mortgage paid off in full.

I have never in the last 11 years had any correspondence from anyone informing me of any shortfall from the sale,

so i am somewhat bemused as to where this has come from.

I no longer have any paperwork from the sale and cant even recall who i used for conveyancing.

Where has this figure come from and surely the solicitor i used during the sale would not have released the keys if there was any amount outstanding and due to the mortgage provider?

trying to fleece you.

ignore them unless you get a claimform

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Ive tried to find information relating to the sale of the house but cant find anything.

Im certain though that the sale was made in 2005 and not 2007 as stated in their letter.

I cant help but worry as £19440 is a lot of money and i dont want baliffs banging on my door

why would you get bailiffs banging on your door?

its not been litigated against

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

spreadsheets 

Does the 6 years only apply to repossessions?

My house wasnt repossessed.

I sold the house and had a solicitor deal with all financial aspects of it, including repayment of the outstanding mirtgage to NR

That CML rule only applies to repos.

Suggest you contact the Solicitors next week to find out why there is a debt.

The Solicitors should have known about this.

If you never had the conversation, then it suggests something is wrong.

Possibly a mistake.

Did you take out a loan on top of the mortgage ?

NR were involved in a lot of irresponsible lending.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No i didn't have any other debt with them other than the mortgage. I really don't know where this has come from

well bottom dollar is its still a lemon debt else NR wouldn't of sold it on.

its still a shortfall though

cant see how this could happen as I bet you had comms with your solicitor after the completion

so if NR wernt happy they would have written .

spreadsheets 

My thoughts exactly. My solicitor would have been in touch straight away to tell me of any shortfall.

I also had a mail redirection in place for 6 months after the sale so NR coild have contacted me way back then if something was amiss.

I just cant understand why its now 10 years (according to them) actually 12 years, since the sale of the house, before they get in touch

if its 12yrs they are out of luck totally!!

within 12yrs there might have been be an outside chance that in court they could have argued that the statute of limitation of 6yrs did not apply to the debt as it was for the main mortgage and not the interest or whatever that little dodge with some types of mortgages is where by its 12yrs not 6 yrs under the statute

outside of 12yrs they are stuffed.

now, the only issue here you might have is one of correct address with arrows today.

they would be quite within their right to serve a claimform to 'an old address'

if you nor your sols informed the original creditor of a change of address

then ofcourse arrows wont know of it.

even though the debt might be statute barred

that doesn't stop them issuing a claimform to your old address [or one since but not you present one]

as nowt would be checked by the court

and no human would ever see it.

opps default judgement.

so p'haps send arrows the prove it letter?

dx

spreadsheets 

spreadsheets 

Robbie73w Have you at any stage received a Letter of Assignment from Arrow/Shoosmiths,or from the original Mortgage Company??

Firstship

Hi firstship,

no i have had no correspondence from anyone in the last 12 years except this letter which has just appeared out of the blue.

Shoosmiths did say that they were looking into things and had passed it back to their client for further info but ive not heard a word since August.

Dont know whether i should now chase them???

No, don't do anything. You might never hear again.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Did you action post 11?

spreadsheets 

No i havnt sent them the prove it letter. After speaking to Shoosmiths on the phone in August they didnt even know where this alleged debt had come from. They had no details whatsoever and were going to go back to Arrow and get more information

The point in sending the prove it letter was to confirm that you live at the address they wrote to.

Some DCA/Solicitors use a tactic of having a court claom sent to last official address advised to creditors.

They then get a CCJ by default,

which is a pain to get set aside.

It should not happen, as you phoned them in response to a letter received

, but you have no evidence of the phone call,

unless you recorded it.

Up to you.

You could just write to confirm your telephone call to them in August and that they agreed to refer back to their client Arrows.

That you believe a mistake has occurred at some point by NRAM

, as there was nothing outstanding and no correspondence ever received from them about any alleged shortfall.

Good point. I will get a letter sent to them first thing tomorrow

i have put together a letter to Shoosmiths and sent it Special delivery today.

I included in the letter a copy of the extract from the Land Registry showing the date of sale of the house i owned which was the mortgage from NR.

Now i have become paranoid about this

i called Shoosmiths to ask what is going on.

They said they tried to call me on the 20th but got no answer.

Ive never had any missed calls!

They said they have passed it back to their client for more info but as yet have had no reply.

They asked if i had a Together mortgage with NR. I cant recall as it was 12 years ago.

They said it could be that there was an unsecured loan as part of the mortgage and that might be where the debt has come from.

I reminded them that the house was sold on 15th April 2005.

12 years and 4 months ago so they are effectively flogging a dead horse.

I asked why it has taken them all these years to come looking for me but they couldnt/wouldnt comment

rob STOP PHONING FLEECING POWERLESS DCA'S

or their fake/tame solicitors

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

spreadsheets 

Im sorry i was unaware that they were powerless.

I am totally new to all this and have been very worried about what they may/may not do

. I hear so many horror stories of people getting CCJ's against them for this kind of stuff

need to read around

and get up to speed on the fleecing world of a DCA...

spreadsheets 

So would you advise that i just sit and wait now?

I sent a prove it letter so that I've covered my back if they claim to have tried to contact me at a previous address.

Just received another letter from Arrow this morning asking me to contact Shoosmiths as they are "attempting to contact the above named person as they have reason to believe that my address is a possible address for our customer" , havent we already established this?

I sent a letter by recorded delivery to them in October asking them to prove the debt as its over 12 years and also advising that i believe it to be SB if there ever was a debt.

Really confused now.