Robinson Way chasing BC debt i never had

redsage
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I'm a bit non-plussed on this one but I've had a letter from Barclaycard claiming they have sold on a debt from a card I've never had amounting to over 6k and now a letter from Robinson Way asking for payment.

I've had this some years ago from BC and sent a letter to say it's not my account, they returned a large document of T&Cs as a reply???

Can anyone advise on how to deal with this ... send another letter? Wait for a summons? From what I read Robinson Way use some nasty tactics.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you say BC returned paperwork?

was this as a result of a CCA request?

what address was this taken out at and when?

had you ever lived there?

whouldnt go blindly sending anything as yet

get your ducks inline first

is this or has this

ever been on your credit file?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Redsage and welcome to CAG

Are you sure you owe no such debt and this is a case of mistaken identity.

Have you checked your CRA files to see if this a/c is showing adverse data against you.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome, link and replies.

In answer to your questions:

CRA - I checked today and no such debt or account is listed. I check maybe once or twice a year just in case and have never seen it before on the CRA. If it had appeared it would have definitely raised alarm bells.

CCA - In 2012 when BC sent a letter asking for payment I did send a CCA. I received a document stating terms and a cover letter to tell me to refer to the document. Nowhere was there a name, address, type of account or any other paperwork just an account number that I have never had.

I've not moved home in over 10 years so it's not something I've forgotten about/lost from a few years back. The CRA has address details going back to an address lived at while attending school which is way more years than I care to remember!

someones used your old address.

unless it was a relative that did it?

what age were you when this was supposedly taken out?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

go ring bc then

no harm in asking them

thought you said you had old paperwork?

dx

and they

T&C's have a date code at the bottom

and they

Hi Red,

From what you've said so far, I think the template letter in post #2 2 is the one to send off to Robinson Way.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Its the letter that says you dont know anything about the debt, and put them to strict proof to prove it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Again,

I sent the letter to say I dont know about any such debt as suggested here and left in the green section too just in case.

I've now received a letter saying I need to send documents of proof as I dispute the debt (I simply never had it) ...

which is silly because I didn't have any such account or debt how on earth can I be expected to provide proof?

I really wish this wasn't so confusing.

Do I need to reply?

Hi Redsage,

Tell us exactly what RW say you should provide to them.

scan the letter up to PDF

follow upload

and they

Hello Again,

I sent the letter to say I dont know about any such debt as suggested here and left in the green section too just in case.

I've now received a letter saying I need to send documents of proof as I dispute the debt (I simply never had it) ...

which is silly because I didn't have any such account or debt how on earth can I be expected to provide proof?

I really wish this wasn't so confusing.

Do I need to reply?

Have you ever had a credit card ? Barclaycard have taken over a few cards over the years.

If you were not getting monthly statements from BC, i am a bit confused. Unless their customer moved after they stopped paying and later they have found the wrong person i.e you.

I think you should raise a complaint with Barclaycard in writing. Give them your full name, date of birth and address details over at least the last say 15 years, to see why you are being chased for a Barclaycard debt you have never had. Send them a copy of the Robinson Way letter.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Redsage,

Tell us exactly what RW say you should provide to them.

Thanks Slick, they say "send any supporting documents that will aid us in resolving your dispute"

Have you ever had a credit card ? Barclaycard have taken over a few cards over the years.

If you were not getting monthly statements from BC, i am a bit confused. Unless their customer moved after they stopped paying and later they have found the wrong person i.e you.

I think you should raise a complaint with Barclaycard in writing. Give them your full name, date of birth and address details over at least the last say 15 years, to see why you are being chased for a Barclaycard debt you have never had. Send them a copy of the Robinson Way letter.

Thanks - Yes I've had a credit card with BC but it is paid in full and a different account number,

I cancelled it as I barely used it and it shows as closed.

I did originally complain to BC after they tried to claim for this different account.

The only answer I ever got was a T&Cs document with no date

I have had the same! I called them when I received the first one and they said that it's actually an Egg card. I had a payment set up for this one but it returned each month and I could never figure out who had it.

Thanks - I've never had an Egg account, I'm seriously boring and have kept details of all the accounts/finance products I've ever had including a Post office account I had in the 1980s and a loan paid off in 1995 on the off chance I may need the details ... the account number Robinson Way has given me is not one I've ever had.

scan the letter up to PDF

follow upload

Thanks DX I will send that off.

send what off...can we see the letter you got please here in PDF

read upload

and they

not got a mobile phone camera nor tablet or digital camera or scanner

and they

From what you say, it's not down to you to prove you don't owe what's being demanded.

It's down to the debt owner to prove without doubt that YOU owe on this a/c.

You sent them the PROVE IT letter and they've asked YOU for proof in reply. They've done nothing to prove you're in any way associated with the a/c.

If they make any further demands, I'd threaten them with action for harassment.