Gemini parking 4*PCNs - Stepping Hill Hospital Stockport - i work there too

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have a very specific issue.

I started working in a hospital in the north of England and was issued 4 breach of contract tickets in a short space of time, I have since started parking off site.

All of my shifts start at 10pm and I was advised (wrongly) that staff never got tickets in the evening or at night / early hours of the morning.

Its been some time since I received the tickets so the debt for all four has been sent to a debt management company (DRP debt recovery)

The car parks and charging system are managed by Gemini.

However there is something a bit odd about the set up here as follows:-

1) there is no number plate recognition and no cameras.

2) there are no photographs taken of my car in the car parking bay.

3) the parking breach of contract tickets are issued by the security staff who work in the hospital,

they are not employed by Gemini, they are employed by a different security company.

I have written a letter to the debt management company asking them to provide me with photographic evidence of my breach of contract and also a copy of the contract that exists between the land owner, who I assume is the hospital, and Gemini who manage the car park.

I want to see if there is a third party arrangement between Gemini and the security company for the security company's staff to also issue breach of contract tickets.

Has anybody got a perspective on this?

Am I barking up the wrong tree because I don't see how enforceable these tickets are if there is no proof of me being parked there and Gemini have no actual staff on site.

Thanks in advance.

DR+ are a DCA

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

and have

NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

should have ignored them.

can you complete this please:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I thought the advice now was never to ignore.

One of the issues I have is my wife threw away all of the original letters sent to me from Gemini (doh) so all I have is the letters from DRP and I'm aware that only Gemini can authorise legal action.

The date of infringement? 11/04/2017, 08/04/2017, 03/04/2017, 22/07/2017

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? No

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it (I don't have the original NTK)

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence? NO

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] See above

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? Gemini

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Stepping Hill Hospital Stockport

DCA's can be ignored

the only thing you never ignore is court claimforms.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

PPC's = Gemini shouldn't be ignored ONCE they have sent the NTK.

DCA's should always be ignored in the case of these spec invoices.

If you work there, then fire off a complaint to whoever manages the hospital/trust and complain to your local MP (and papers) about the use of cowboy parking outfits extorting money from drivers and employees.

Do you pay for parking already?

Hammer the chief exec, and get them to grow some minerals!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4082180/Doctors-nurses-hit-45-parking-fines-hospital.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Once they have issued a ticket to the vehicle the NTK must be sent between 29 and 56 days after that date.

The wording of the NTK must follow a strict form or no keeper liability is created.

As it is your place of work it will always be easier for them to argue that the driver and keeepr are one and the same so it is wise to have other reasons to beat the demands.

Now one thing you can do is get your MP involved to question WHY a third party who has no interest in this matter

- the security co- is instructed to spend their time at the taxpayers expense wandering around issuing dodgy invoices for a private parking co and who was told them to do this as there is no benefit to the hospital trust, the staff, public etc.

Also look at your employment contract to see what it says about parking. It will probably be in one of the miriad online notifications rather than in your job conditions. Often people who ahve been there a while dont have conditions that force them to take any notice of missive sent round on such changes.

Also, look up any past thread on this site as I am sure that yours isnt the first.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.