style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks.

Just a quick one.

I've recently been made redundant, and Rosendale's bailiffs are swift on their heels coming to collect debts. The problem is I owe money to three creditors: HMRC, a parking fine, and a court fine. Rosendales are collecting the debts on behalf of all three clients. My question is, is this allowed? I thought a single agency can only chase an individual for the debts of one client; or have I misconstrued information somewhere?

We're struggling terribly financially at the moment and Rosendale's agents are visiting at least once or twice a week. Three different Rosendales bods for three different debts. If I pay one then I still lose out to the other two. I'm in a no-win situation here and feel it's wholly unfair that I'm being harassed to the extent I am at the moment.

To add, I've also got a disabled teenage daughter who's 19 years old living with us and she's about to have her first child any day now. The pressure we're under just to eat and pay for the roof over our heads is bad enough, and these leeches are making life almost intolerable.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Cheers.

Craig

Hi folks.

Just a quick one.

I've recently been made redundant, and Rosendale's bailiffs are swift on their heels coming to collect debts. The problem is I owe money to three creditors: HMRC, a parking fine, and a court fine. Rosendales are collecting the debts on behalf of all three clients. My question is, is this allowed? I thought a single agency can only chase an individual for the debts of one client; or have I misconstrued information somewhere?

We're struggling terribly financially at the moment and Rosendale's agents are visiting at least once or twice a week. Three different Rosendales bods for three different debts. If I pay one then I still lose out to the other two. I'm in a no-win situation here and feel it's wholly unfair that I'm being harassed to the extent I am at the moment.

To add, I've also got a disabled teenage daughter who's 19 years old living with us and she's about to have her first child any day now. The pressure we're under just to eat and pay for the roof over our heads is bad enough, and these leeches are making life almost intolerable.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Cheers.

Craig

Good afternoon Craig,

Firstly, I am sorry to hear about your redundancy and I do hope that you are able to gain alternative employment very soon.

Rossendales are perfectly entitled to pursue debts on behalf of different authorities. Each debt is an individual one and as such, you should have received a Notice of Enforcement for each one with a Compliance fee of £75 being applied.

The statutory regulations (the Taking Control of Goods (Fees) Regulations 2014) specifically provide that when an enforcement visit is made, that the enforcement company should enforce all debts on their records at that time but that only one enforcement fee of £235 is applied. This specific clause was introduced into the regulations specifically for incidences such as yours to ensure that you are not liable for an enforcement fee of £235 for each account.

The imminent arrival of a grandchild would not I'm afraid mean that you are 'vulnerable'. Nonetheless, I hope that everything goes OK.

It is vitally important that you make contact with Rossendales to explain your circumstances. They will ask for an Income & Expenditure.

The problem that you would face at present would be with any car that you have outside of your home. If you read these forums you will quickly see that a vehicle outside of your home is at risk of being seized. I notice that one of the debts is parking related. The vehicle registration number would therefore feature on the warrant. !!!

I've recently been made redundant, and Rosendale's bailiffs are swift on their heels coming to collect debts. The problem is I owe money to three creditors: HMRC, a parking fine, and a court fine. Rosendales are collecting the debts on behalf of all three clients. My question is, is this allowed? I thought a single agency can only chase an individual for the debts of one

Craig, you mention that one of the three debts that Rossendales are enforcing is a court fine. Rossendale's do not enforce court fines. Could it be something else?