Old Thames water bill - referred to archives??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Try contacting the Thames Water Trust Fund as he may be entitled to assistance depending on his circumstances, details of this and how to contact them are below:

In 2011, Thames Water changed the way in which it helps customers who are unable to pay their bills by introducing the new 'Thames Water Customer Assistance Fund'.

The Customer Assistance Fund will provide support for Thames Water customers facing hardship and experiencing difficulty in meeting their water charges.

Thames Water Trust Fund will continue to provide organisational grants to support money advice, debt counselling and financial literacy and in exceptional circumstances will consider help with other essential household bills or costs.

This change provides closer links between the billing team at Thames Water and ourselves; Auriga Services Limited, who will continue to administer both funds.

For more information about the Trust Fund or to apply to the Customer Assistance Fund you can contact us on

0845 456 6863. Alternatively go to www.thames-water.com to download an application form.

Registered Charity Number: 1126714

• 1 year later...

Arrears owed to Thames water £300. I wrote to Thames water offering what I can pay but no reply. I then set up a standing order to pay them what I can afford. Today a letter arrived from Robinson Way thanking me for my payment and telling me Thames water had sent my payment to Robinson Way as they now manage my account. They asked me to not pay direct to TW and to contact them and pay Robinson Way.

I don't intend to do this. Is there any reason why I can't just continue with my standing order to TW?. I realise it's dragged on a bit.

Yep robbersway are powerless here

Ignore them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I have never heard this term before, my friend next door brought me a bill of hers to look at, she has been fretting over it

for ages, however she has now had a statement and the amount that was owed is said to have been "referred to archives"...the

balance is now showing at 0.

I have and neither has she ever heard this term.

Suspect the bill has been outstanding for quite awhile. It has therefore been removed from their live accounts and passed elsewhere within the company or outside debt collector. For some reason it trigerred a statement showing nil balance and referred to archives.

That would be my guess.

Suggest she deals with the companies customer services and tries to come to a payment arrangement over a period she needs to make it workable.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

whats the bill for?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its a water authority bill, they have said its referred to archive and issues a new bill for the current period only.

who UU?

and they