PCM/Glandstones - Backdoor PCN CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i recently found out via a credit check that a CCJ was registered against me on the 17th of march this year .

I moved out of the property couple of months before this time and i have also been away from the country from the 16th of May 2017 till August 5th 2017.

i didn't have access to any of the post in the house so was unable to find out before traveling.

I was also away in February for 3 weeks .

I agree with the amount and i am contemplating making the payment once i found out

however i wanted to be sure the claimant solicitors would be willing to agree to a consent signaturelink3.gif for me before i make the payment.

I didn't want paying the amount to affect any chances of the set aside application.

I tried sending them an email to reach an agreement

however They didn't respond to the email i sent to them about this and they told me they had passed the debt over to a company .

They told me they are not willing to reply to any correspondence because it has been passed to the debt company and probably want it paid before they even give me any advice.

I advised that i will be applying for a set aside and the person i spoke to said they will pick up on the correspondence once they get the application on their table .

I have tenancy agreement showing i moved from the property although i havent changed my Car log book registered address,

I was also away for few weeks in February and got back around the 10th of march shortly before this judgment was served.

If it is helpful

- I also had a serious court case with the crown court around this march which got me slightly depressed around this time although it was sorted out at the end.

Please i am worried as i do not know what to do..

Should i pay the debt and hope the Claimant can agree to help me send a set aside application based on consent

or should i just apply for the set aside application

- If so do i have a chance?

This is a sad situation because the CCJ is as a result of a parking fine and it is just 250£.

you cant get a CCJ for a parking fine

they are given out by magistrates court

not the county court that issues CCJ's

so can I guess this was a private parking ticket ..NOT A FINE who was the claimant please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

start a new thread

hopefully you'll tell us everything upfront rather than like pulling teeth and making us look fools for guessing the correct advise to give

dx

loL...Thank you sir!

popped you in the private parking forum

loads here to help you.

can we just resit things for a while and get the background so we know what were fighting against please....

can you complete this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?465231-Received-a-Court-Claim-From-A-Private-parking-Speculative-invoice-How-To-Deal-With-It-HERE***Updated-Aug-2016***

so it looks like you created this issue by not immediately updating DVLA upon a V5C change of address?

hope you have now...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Gladstones dont work for PE, so look again at the claim and any paperwork you have.

If you have a PE ticket that will be a different matter so you may be in for another claim.

If a notice was issued to an address that was current at the time then they will continue to write to that address as they are obliged to, even if you notify the DVLA you have moved in good time.

It is a quirk of law that the govt is going to change as the parking cos issue about a million and a half claims a year and many of them are an abuse of process

You are right Dx the problem arose from me not updating my DVLA address on time. The Claimant are not PARKING EYE .

I Have just found out that THE CLAIMANT IS - PARKING CONTROL MANAGEMENT and Gladstones Solicitors are acting on their behalf

Date of Claim form ISSUE- 10/02/2017

CCJ ENTERED IN ABSENCE - 17/03/2017

Amount - £251

Date i found out about CCJ - 07/08/2017

have you got a copy of the claimform and the CCJ?

if not go ring northants bulk with the CCJ number and ask them to fwd them by email PDF.

stay off the phone now too!

you should never ever be talking to the claimant or their sols ever!!

and they

you can start the set aside on the grounds suggested anytime but I would suggest that you find out what the original event was as requested so you have somehting to put in front of the judge to show that there is a realistic possibility that you will defeat the claim when it is heard.

PCM are IPC so the original NTK will be defective,

their sigange is probaly rubbish

and they are unlikely to have the correct contractual permissions to start a fight in the first place

but as you werent there to say this they won by defaut.

Okay i will go and download the form now , please from my case do i have enough strong points for the judge to consider? and how worse off can i be with the application?

We do not have enough info from you to make a definite decision about the outcome in Court.

However as Ericsbrother said the NTK is probably defective which means it should be thrown out of Court but we would need to see it

-do you have a copy of it?

In addition their signage and their claim .will likely be poor too so the omens are good for you.

BTW if you were to pay the amount that would not cancel the CCJ that would still show on your Credit rating for 6 years.

The setaside is the only way to remove the CCJ.

You said in an earlier post that you agreed with the amount you owe???

Hopefully, if you want to win your case that figure will be over £150.

If that is the case why would you think that was merited for infringing some stupid regulation on a parking site issued by a tuppeny ha'penny bunch of cowboys.

If you have the NTK could you please post it on here so we can see it as well as any other correspondence you have received from them, taking care to remove any details that would identify you. That will give us a good idea of your chances .

Also could you please take photos of the notices in the car park to see what they are like. Of course they may have changed since last year

The cost of the set aside is £255 which can be reduced if you are on benefits.

If you lose your claim against the parking company you will lose that money plus the CCJ will be reinstated.

if you win the CCJ will be wiped off your record and the parking company should have to repay the £255 plus other costs.

Especially if by having that CCJ has cost you losing a mortgage or having a finance deal refused for example.

PS do you have a break down of the cost of the CCJ if not could you please say what the total cost was.

we need some information rergarding the original event to be able to guide you on how much to put in a N244 form..

The original claim may well be procedurally correct if they only had one address as they are obliged to use it for service of legal documents.

The fact they have abused this once they knew you had moved is by the by as the law currently stands so although you can get the set aside for not receiving their papers you will still need to show that you have a reasonable chance of success in batting the claim away and that means

we need to see the paperwork (inc NTK and claim form),

pictures of the site from the public highway,

pictures of any signs at the site etc

and an indication of where your vehicle was,

the time of day so lighting is important as well.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.