Ripped off by Locksmith

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes guilty I’m a Rover enthusiast.

...My position is, if chummy rejects my offer of £140.00 IFAFS I shall pay a lesser amount (s ay £125) into his bank account .....

Why a lesser amount to your proposed settlement? The courts would look unfavourably on you with this course of action.

......into his bank account .....
Why into his bank account? In my view you would be better sending him a cheque for the amount your proposing with the condition if he presents the cheque he is accepting that amount in Full and Final Settlement.

......I very much doubt that HH will view his behaviour with approval.
From what you say this is a B2B issue. The courts won't intervene to the value of work done. Sorry for you but ericsbrother and Consumer Dude are correct on this one.

As HMRC do not recognise small landlords as a business for tax purposes, a court is unlikely to either.

I very much doubt if chummy will take me to court over a few pounds, in any case the police or TS may save him the bother.

Also he appears to be unfamiliar with the process, I sent him a letter marked "without prejudice" and he accused me of being prejudiced. He is also unlikely to be able to produce a compliant LBA without legal assistance. I do not think that, with his rapsheet, CPR27.14(2)(g) costs are likely.

Why a lesser amount? Perhaps not, perhaps a fiver more, and a cheque in full and final settlement is a good idea, let us see if he has the cojones to return it uncashed, but not until I have received a letter from a DCA. .

As HMRC do not recognise small landlords as a business for tax purposes, a court is unlikely to either.

The court can reach its own decision, and isn't bound by HMRC's opinion.

You own several properties, engage tradesmen several times a year to them, and have traded for 40 years (according to your own posts).

If it looks like a duck, quacks, and waddles when it walks : chances are it's a duck.

Sounds like a business to me, and the court can reach the same conclusion.

Of course letting properties is s business, but HMG do not think so. I am taxed on SA and the properties are not incorporated into the company. I suggest that it is a platypus.

In any case would chummy pass the "clean hands" test?.

Of course letting properties is s business, but HMG do not think so...

No....HMRC might take that view (I've not checked so can't confirm), that does not mean the the independent courts have the same view.

In any case would chummy pass the "clean hands" test?.
Could be irrelevant if not directly linked to the case. Edited by 416GSi

....I very much doubt if chummy will take me to court over a few pounds...

I'm not clear why its worth your time either.

....Also he appears to be unfamiliar with the process, I sent him a letter marked "without prejudice" and he accused me of being prejudiced...

Now that is funny!

....He is also unlikely to be able to produce a compliant LBA without legal assistance...

Thats not difficult he only needs to Google LBA and he will get loads of templates.

You were prepared to pay £181 + VAT before so why not now?

Where did I say that? In any case that figure included vat.

Bear in mind that locksmiths undergo training of between a few days and less than a year. It is hardly rocket science.

Not sure why I received no further notifications regarding this post so apologies for the delayed reply.

My mistake, £181 incl VAT, but the point in my post remains...

That afternoon he phones me, office has reduced the cost to £181 including v.a.t.

Ask for an invoice. Invoice arrives next day for £254.00

Query this with head office, (a one man micro company), and next day they send a revised bill for £181.

So you asked for a £181 invoice after the alleged threats he made, (eventually) got a £181 invoice, but now want to pay £140... or £125... or some other amount.

Again, anything else is just handbags... In your first post you said when he was going to charge you £281 and you asked for a VAT invoice which is when he turned nasty... Nastiness aside - were you ever going to pay the £281 if he sent you the VAT invoice?

In any event you got him down by £100 to £181 and are now, for want of a better word, extorting him for a further discount...

My suggestion - pay the £181 and get on with your life.

"I complain to the company and the customer service chappie sends (to the wrong address), an insulting reply saying they are not charging me and offering 15% discount on future work (as if)." - https://uk.trustpilot.com/users/55b299cf0000ff0001cf0f1b

Looking at your other review and replies in this thread you seem to think the world owes you something, you need to grow up and get a grip. An insulting reply ? They aren't charging you and offering you a discount for a mistake that in all honesty has probably cost you nothing. What is more insulting is the way you treat these people that are trying to do a job you have asked them to do. As others have said just pay the £181 and stop with the small willy waving thinking you are the better man, because from here you just come across as a complete and utter fool.

• 8 months later...