Pank

M & S Trying to shut me down

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 749 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I had two loans with Markses over 16 years ago. It turns out I have PPI and was never aware. I filled in all my documents etc on line, received the 8 week letter. all good.

Now I have had a letter that I need to prove my name as my loans where in my maiden name. I rang them up and they have asked for my original marriage certificate and they have promised to return it.

Now I have Been married for many years and for my life I am unable to find it! I rang them again and asked if there are any other documentation I could provide and they have said no. I specifically asked again; Are you telling me that this claim can not go on unless i provide my certificate? And she said yes.

Can they shut the claim down just like that?

Many Thanks

Order a replacement copy.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

£9.25 from the GRO website

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hello Again,

I ordered a replacement copy and sent that off. I had a letter of acknowledgment and I was told I would have a reply in 8 weeks. This has not happened. What is my next step?

Cheers

ring and ask

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Hello,

I have had a letter from Marks and they are going to pay me some money which is good but they are telling me that they are not able to take in to consideration anything before 2001. Is that correct or are they having me on?

Many Thanks

not heard of that one before why are they saying that

spreadsheets 

Hello,

I have had a letter from Marks and they are going to pay me some money which is good but they are telling me that they are not able to take in to consideration anything before 2001. Is that correct or are they having me on?

Many Thanks

Regarding policies sold before 2001 on store cards, you must submit your claim with the underwriter who ran the operations at the time, this is a company called Genworth Financial Insurance. This falls under the Ombudsman’s remit for any complaints that run all the way back to the ‘80s.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

OK, I have had a letter there are 5 personal loan accounts stretching back to 1993.

Personal account number 1 and 2, I find in favour of your complaint and will pay £XXX.XX in full and final settlement. This figure includes premiums, Commission and applicable interest.

Personal account numbers 3,4 and 5

I am unable to reach a decision in respect of these accounts as I do not have any record of any PPI charges.

If you have any information or documentation, eg statements or application forms showing PPI, please send this to me so that I can review this complaint further.

Personal loans 1 and 2 were underwritten by Allianz Insurance plc, this is a joint response.

You have a right to complain to the BO etc etc,

Should I be happy with this or does anyone think I should take it further and get a SAR?

Cheers

I would always sar

spreadsheets 

You are probably right dx. Will do. Does anyone know what address I should use?

Cheers

the original creditor

spreadsheets 

Regarding policies sold before 2001 on store cards, you must submit your claim with the underwriter who ran the operations at the time, this is a company called Genworth Financial Insurance. This falls under the Ombudsman’s remit for any complaints that run all the way back to the ‘80s.

Regards

Andy

Does that apply to M&S chargecards? I have just received a very low settlement offer from M&S for a chargecard taken out in 1986 and running to about 2001 or 2002. Should I make a separate claim to Genworth?

Does that apply to M&S chargecards? I have just received a very low settlement offer from M&S for a chargecard taken out in 1986 and running to about 2001 or 2002. Should I make a separate claim to Genworth?

Make some enquiries with them first