Athena ANPR PCN - Lidl Houghton le spring

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all I've received a civil parking charge notice from Lidl.

I was there 1 hour 48 mind with a limit of 1 h 30 mins, I never saw the signs.

I don't know what to do next.

1 Date of the infringement 04-08-17

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 08-08-17

3 Date received 10-08-17

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] No

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Cctv pictures of entry and exit of the car park

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up you appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Athena ANPR ltd

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Lidl Houghton le spring

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. They are registered with the IPC and the IAS

If any one can help I would appreciate it

Regards

Paul

Waldo

Athena as a rule don't go to Court so not a lot of point in paying.

Motorists are allowed 10 minute grace to find a parking place,

check the notices to see if you agree with their demands

and then at the end transfer the bags from the trolley into your car

and then return the trolley and get your £1 back.

My partner is disabled so I know from experience how long those bits take before you even take the shopping into consideration.

The cameras take your picture on the way in and on the way out

-they do not see the travails you may have finding a place to park plus unloading the trolley etc.

they are really charging you an extraordinary amount for staying 8 minutes longer than stipulated.

I guess that you may have done a fair bit of shopping in that time.

If you have it is definitely worth going back to the manager and showing him your bill as the manager will not want to lose good customers.

[Lidl have fallen into the trap of believing that these parking operators will clear out the motorists who park there but don't shop.

The operators are in fact there to fill up their wallets with as much money as they can squeeze out of motorists].

To lawfully avoid paying Athena all you need is to show that they have done something wrong during the process of charging you which thus negates the charge.

The most common things they all get wrong are their signs and their documents so it would help if you could post up their Notice to Keeper for us [blocking out all the details that could identify you].

Also could you take photos of the notices in the car park to see if they comply with the law.

many of them don't especially the companies who are IPC members since their Code of Conduct is not lawful in places.

If you get no joy when you speak to the manager [don't leave ithat too long], have a moan on their Twitter site that works as well.

Do not write to them until you have done all those things

whatever you do , do not mention or indicate in any way that you were the driver if you were.

It can make life more difficult if it slips out that you were the driver since they do not know that

and when they don't comply with POFA they have no way of suing the keeper of the vehicle either.

Thank you lookinforinfo,

I will go and take photos tomorrow and upload with the notice to keeper,

because I only remember seeing a sign upon leaving,

but it was too difficult to read as I drove past.

Unfortunately I don't keep receipts, but I think I'll be giving Lidl a wide birth after this, regardless of the outcome.

debit card balance statement?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Can you pop those into one multipage PDF please

Click upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they havent said what the charge is for- it should state exactly what you have supposed to ahve done wronga nd whether the money is due as a result of a specific contractual obligation or as a breach of a term.

If you gte a parking ticket from the council it states what you have done wrong- ie parked on DYL and these claims have to do the same. Just demanding money saying you are guilty of the above and not saying what the above is doesnt cut it.

The signage is rubbish and not an offer of a contract as it refers to other signs so it is an "invitation to treat" and not a contract. The sign it refers to is something you dont have to accept and even that sign says it is down to the landowner to allow you to be there or otherwise. It would be interesting to see if Athena have ever told someone they can park in there and what would happen if that instruction was ignored. The answer is you would be trespassing and Athena have nothing to say on that matter.

The sign fails to be a contract anyway, it lacks the necessary information and again the extra signs with most of the info on are flawed becuse the tariif of charges are illogical. saying free for90 minutes and then £90 is OK but above that they refer to it applying all the time so it reads that you may only park once ever or get clobbered rather than the parking restrictions applying to any 24 hour period. This may seem like a small distinction but consider what you would say if they did apply the rule as written. You pay them £90 because you went there last month?

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

I would advise letting them spend their money chasing you until it looks like they may take legal action and then you tell them where they have gone wrong and thus have no claim.

In the meanwhile you can go after Lidl to get it cancelled and let them know vis twitter or whatever that you think they are foolish for allowing a bunch of cowboys loose on their land