• Tweets

• The gaming giant is offloading the Venetian in a $6.25bn deal to invest in Singapore and Macao. View the full article
    • ok best shot..   you need to reply to that letter of claim.   for debt covered by the consumer credit act:   send a cca request along with the completed form:   NOTE ONLY USE THE ATTACHED FORM below DO NOT USE THE FORM SUPPLIED BY THE DCA IN THEIR PAP LETTER!! DO NOT USE OR GIVE THEM YOUR EMAIL/PHONE NUMBER. USE ROYAL MAIL 1st class - get free proof of posting from any PO counter   box D tick   I dispute this debt because ..i refer you to our previous communications and my previous respond to your previous Letter of Claim. i am over 50yrs and have deferred as required to meet the age write off.    box I tick   I also require you to supply the following..   All signed agreements Copies All my deferment sent to either yourselves, the SLC or the SAAS to date. Copies of all communications bothways in whatever format to/from Erudio, Capquest, yourselves and Me A copy of the any Default Notices A copy of the Notice of Assignment A complete set of statements detailing exactly how the sum you allege is owed has accrued detailing: All Transactions. Any additional charges, be them by the original creditor or you xxxx the debt purchaser or any predecessor DCA. Details of all contractual interest added by whom and on what date. List of ALL Payments made toward the Agreement   no need to do the financial statement etc anything else or send anything else bar the above do NOT give them your phone nor email PRINT your name never sign the form   staple the £1  PO to the CCA request and send it to the debt purchaser return the completed PAP form below to the solicitors that sent it to you attain free proof of posting for BOTH at any PO counter 1st class mail will do. recorded is a waste of money   reply form PAP.pdf
    • There's more support for many in the Budget, but for some it still falls short. View the full article
    • no you are kidding me...   they can't be that thick surely... could be game over if they've faked it.   can you attach it to a private msg to me please.  
    • The original pdf did bring up txt boxes where my details were, it wasn't as if it was a photocopied document with my details embedded and I do find it awfully convenient it appeared the very next day after the case meeting.   The address was the same as it should have been, but ive only recently moved, this case was already in motion during my move.   Can I then just argue the authenticity of the CCA  at the next meeting? Explain that when put into a editor my personal details and only them pop up as carefully placed text boxes whereas the rest of the form looks photocopied??
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1300 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I just cannot imagine David Cameron being a smoker.

Come to think of it, how many former Prime Ministers since the War have smoked? Harold Wilson was Pipe Smoker of the Year in around 1976 (and also for that decade as well), and perhaps Callaghan enjoyed a good puff as well. I am certain that Churchill was a cigar man, etc.

A CAG member is who I am

I really hate things if they are a [prob-lam]