Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Help with my Provisional Licence application questions please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 927 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi there.


I'm having some issues trying to find the information I need.


Here's my situation:


I'm finally in a position where I would like to learn how to drive. Unfortunately, my provisional driver's licence is no longer valid since June of 2017.


I'm applying for a new licence on the DVLA website but I am running into trouble.


  • I am being asked to provide a passport (which I don't have and have never had).
  • I need to provide 3 years of address history, but until about a year ago, I was homeless, and there's no option for this on the sign up page
    I was sofa surfing for a long time with no fixed abode, then became homeless after a relationship breakdown for a few months. Before that (I don't even remember the dates or have any documentation), I was living and working in a different city in the UK.
    I have my mother's address on the provisional card, but I've not lived there for a very long time.
    I was wondering if anybody knew anything about this?
    Many thanks for your time,

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that you realise that your Provisional Driving Licence is valid for 10 years.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

all of this is to avoid identity fraud and theft so if you have no fixed abode for a period you put that on the form. No passport? you will need birth cert, explosives licence or whatever else thy ahve on list and failing all of that a sworn statement from a solicitor or your doctor as to who you are along with your photos which will be needed anyway so a letter explaing this should do.

You have a NI number so you will be on the govt radar as long as you ahve worked or claimed benefits

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...