Sparks_

Sanctioned due to Jury duty

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 832 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

On my FB page someone has just posted that they have been sanctioned by the JC adviser because they have got Jury duty this week! Can this be legal?

No. They just show the JC advisor the jury duty confirmation letter.

They can't penalise someone for undertaking a civic duty, for which you can be subject to court actions if you failed to attend, without reasonable excuse.

Edited by honeybee13
Typo by UB.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No. They just show the JC advisor the jury duty confirmation letter.

They can't penalise someone for undertaking a civic duty, for which you can be subject to court actions if you failed to attend, without reasonable excuse.

They have done that, been told they will be sanctioned for 6 months, by the JC adviser, if they fail to turn up for the regular interview at the job center!

They have done that, been told they will be sanctioned for 6 months, by the JC adviser, if they fail to turn up for the regular interview at the job center!

The courts can confirm attendence to Jury service to the JC and that should stop sanctioning.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

When I did jury duty, the people who looked after the jurors were very helpful. It would be worth asking them as they may have come across this before.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sounds like either wires have got crossed with what your friend told the JC or their reply ......... or the JC advisor is being a jobsworth and getting out of their league .....

I'd turn up for jury duty to comply with my legal duty and civic obligation. In my innocence, I'd then ask for any trial to be halted! (so that I could go to my JC appointment, and not get sanctioned).......

Of course, the trial would never get halted, but it would bring it to the judge's attention, which could well lead to the JC advisor being asked (required!) to attend court to explain why they are trying to make a juror unavailable during a trial.

Sounds like either wires have got crossed with what your friend told the JC or their reply ......... or the JC advisor is being a jobsworth and getting out of their league .....

I'd turn up for jury duty to comply with my legal duty and civic obligation. In my innocence, I'd then ask for any trial to be halted! (so that I could go to my JC appointment, and not get sanctioned).......

Of course, the trial would never get halted, but it would bring it to the judge's attention, which could well lead to the JC advisor being asked (required!) to attend court to explain why they are trying to make a juror unavailable during a trial.

:-)

The courts can confirm attendence to Jury service to the JC and that should stop sanctioning.

They have a signed letter from the courts, they have also asked the court service to contact the JC but still being threatened with a sanction

O like your style :)

O like your style :)
me too that would have the desired effect and cause a flying brown stuff storm