Sanctioned due to Jury duty

Sparks_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No. They just show the JC advisor the jury duty confirmation letter.

They can't penalise someone for undertaking a civic duty, for which you can be subject to court actions if you failed to attend, without reasonable excuse.

Edited by honeybee13
Typo by UB.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No. They just show the JC advisor the jury duty confirmation letter.

They can't penalise someone for undertaking a civic duty, for which you can be subject to court actions if you failed to attend, without reasonable excuse.

They have done that, been told they will be sanctioned for 6 months, by the JC adviser, if they fail to turn up for the regular interview at the job center!

They have done that, been told they will be sanctioned for 6 months, by the JC adviser, if they fail to turn up for the regular interview at the job center!

The courts can confirm attendence to Jury service to the JC and that should stop sanctioning.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Sounds like either wires have got crossed with what your friend told the JC or their reply ......... or the JC advisor is being a jobsworth and getting out of their league .....

I'd turn up for jury duty to comply with my legal duty and civic obligation. In my innocence, I'd then ask for any trial to be halted! (so that I could go to my JC appointment, and not get sanctioned).......

Of course, the trial would never get halted, but it would bring it to the judge's attention, which could well lead to the JC advisor being asked (required!) to attend court to explain why they are trying to make a juror unavailable during a trial.

Sounds like either wires have got crossed with what your friend told the JC or their reply ......... or the JC advisor is being a jobsworth and getting out of their league .....

I'd turn up for jury duty to comply with my legal duty and civic obligation. In my innocence, I'd then ask for any trial to be halted! (so that I could go to my JC appointment, and not get sanctioned).......

Of course, the trial would never get halted, but it would bring it to the judge's attention, which could well lead to the JC advisor being asked (required!) to attend court to explain why they are trying to make a juror unavailable during a trial.

:-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The courts can confirm attendence to Jury service to the JC and that should stop sanctioning.

They have a signed letter from the courts, they have also asked the court service to contact the JC but still being threatened with a sanction

O like your style :)