lowell Cap1 Card CCJ - Warrant of control help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a notice of issue of warrant of control letter on 21st July.

I states that I have until 26th July to pay the amount on the letter or bailiffs will be coming to my house to seize and sell goods.

Of course I am panicking about this as I don't want bailiffs coming to my home.

I am currently on ESA benefits and cannot afford to pay what they are asking.

And they have only given me 5 days to do so!

I have been speaking with the creditor Lowell and I arranged to set up a monthly payment plan.

However the amount they set was too high as like I said I am on benefits, so they asked me to fill out an expenditure form to show how much I could afford.

I emailed this to them and heard nothing back.

And forgot about it to be honest.

The next thing is I receive this letter!

Please help!

Any advice is appreciated.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi welcome to CAG, could you give us a history of the debt please; was it prior to 2007 have you moved house since incurring the debt, and who was the Original Creditor? When did Lowell issue a claimform and did you defend?

Answering these questions will help the team frame the best advice for the circumstances.

There is no right of forced entry for a CCJ, so you don't have to let a bailiff in, if there is no car outside then there is little they can do.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I assume this was a forthwith judgment and no option to pay monthly ?

You shouldn't have rang Lowell to try to agree a payment plan...but submit a form N245 to the court to vary the forthwith to monthly affordable payments....you can also stay the execution (Bailiff) using the same form.

Fee is £50 but you should be exempt from fees.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406098-LEGAL-N245-Application-for-suspension-vary-an-order-**Correct-as-at-Feb-2017**

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/n244-eng.pdf

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406096-LEGAL-EX160-160A-Court-Fees-are-you-exempt.-**Correct-as-at-April-2016**

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi welcome to CAG, could you give us a history of the debt please; was it prior to 2007 have you moved house since incurring the debt, and who was the Original Creditor? When did Lowell issue a claimform and did you defend?

Answering these questions will help the team frame the best advice for the circumstances.

There is no right of forced entry for a CCJ, so you don't have to let a bailiff in, if there is no car outside then there is little they can do.

The debt was a credit card from capital one back in 2008.

haven't moved house in that time.

think I have a claim form which was sent to me in 2015.

didn't respond.

when I received the ccj I was ordered to pay £50 a month and as I cannot afford that I asked for a lower amount to be set.

I completed an expenditure form and then the next communication was this letter.

If I don't answer the door to the bailiffs are they going to keep coming back?

I also don't have a car but neighbours park their cars outside my house on my street.

read posts 3 and its links

then do as post 4

its a court bailiff so in a way they are your friend.

simply ring and tell them you are doing as post 4.

who send you that I&E the court?

and you returned it to the court?

or was it lowells that sent it and you returned it there.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

when I received the ccj I was ordered to pay £50 a month and as I cannot afford that I asked for a lower amount to be set. Who did you ask the court or Lowell ?

I completed an expenditure form and then the next communication was this letter. Whos expenditure form ...Lowells?

If the court set it at £50 a month you should have contacted the court and requested a redetermination

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

The income and expenditure form was with Lowell themselves.

Okay well now you will have to submit an n244 and ask for a redetermination.....you can also submit the n245 and stay the warrant.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406095-LEGAL-N244-Application-Notice-**Correct-as-at-Sept-2015**

totally useless then toward the judgement.

they spoofed you to get a default judgement...

who told you to fill those out and not defend the case?

follow andy's guidance.

and they

when I received the ccj I was ordered to pay £50 a month and as I cannot afford that I asked for a lower amount to be set. Who did you ask the court or Lowell ?

I completed an expenditure form and then the next communication was this letter. Whos expenditure form ...Lowells?

If the court set it at £50 a month you should have contacted the court and requested a redetermination

Well after I completed the income And expenditure form from Lowell

they sent another letter titled confirmation of arrangement to pay your ccj to me saying a new amount of £40 had been set and my first payment was due 05/07/2017

however this was still too high and I contacted Lowell again and they asked for more details on my finances.

Then I heard nothing else until this letter

Did the court judgment set the £50 per month.....if you could answer this one question..as it will affect what advise we offer.

you should have replied to the court with your offer not lowells.

and they

you got spoofed

you should always contact the court directly

the judge is in charge here not some powerless DCA.

they are not bailiffs....

and they

If I'd have paid the £40 as agreed by Lowell would the bailiffs still be coming?

So do I still go ahead submitting the form? The forms aren't going to get there before Wednesday before the bailiff says they are coming.

Beckz,

When Judgments are obtained, payment is either a forthwith order meaning that the total amount is due within a set number of days or alternatively, repayment is ordered by way of monthly payments. In your case, you were fortunate in that the court ordered monthly repayments. You contacted Lowell who agreed to accept a lower sum but even that figure of #40 per month was too much.

I would suggest that this morning you contact Lowell and explain the difficulty that you have in paying and ask whether they will agree to accept a lower sum. If they agree, then that is fine and the court will be notified accordingly. If they are not willing to accept the lower figure, it is for you to apply to the court on the N245 to have the judgment varied. Andy has provided details of the procedure above. Given that you are receiving ESA, I would assume that you would be exempt from paying the court fee.

You must call Lowell this morning. Please post back once you have done so.

It says dated 19th July 2017

Thank you Beckz,

In that case, the letter is correct. The courts provided that the once the warrant has been issued and passed to the Bailiff Manager, the Notice of Issue of Warrant must be sent and the date for payment is 7 days (not clear days) from issue date.

Please contact Lowell or submit the N245 application asap because; HMCourt rules specifically provide that the County Court bailiff MUST visit within 15 working days of receiving the warrant ( which should be 25 days from the issue date of the warrant).

Yes - You should mention this to them. It will not stop the bailiff visiting but it may well impact on his approach to recovering the debt. it may also help in persuading Lowell to accept your offer of repayment at a lower rate.

You obviously have not had many dealings with Lowell they would sell you grandmother for a £100 judgment to recoup payment.......submit an n244 and ask for a redetermination of the judgment amount £50...whether you wish to submit the n245 also to stay the Warrant is your choice for good measure.

This way the Court controls the monthly payment...not the DCA

Andy