Norwegian Air - Charging for items/services not booked.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

So my dad is due to fly to Sweden next month, as his brother is in his final months of live, due to cancer.

He booked a flight via Norwegian air for a return trip from Gatwick to Copenhagen for £106.90 on Monday the 17th.

He got the confirmation email, so everything looked normal, until Wednesday, he got a series of flight confirmation emails, which listed changes to his flight.

The first email was a series of cancellation/time changes, but also included:

2 x Checked baggage (10.00 GBP) 0.00 (0%) 20.00

2 x Upgrade fee (36.00 GBP) 0.00 (0%) 72.00

2 x Namechange fee (36.00 GBP) 0.00 (0%) 72.00

2 x Checked baggage (15.00 GBP) 0.00 (0%) 30.00

Fast track 0.00 (0%) 9.00

WCHR – Wheelchair (ramp) 0.00 (0%) 0.00

2 x Hearing impairments 0.00 (0%) 0.00

2 x Vision impairments 0.00 (0%) 0.00

WCHC – Wheelchair (seat) 0.00 (0%) 0.00

For a grand total of £289.90

The second email was the same thing, but the times were back to their originals, again, the same total price.

Third email was the same upgrades/changes again, but also different flight times, with stop overs in Madrid for the return flight

These changes were £629.80

Fourth and final email had the same types of changes, only for a lot more money (£1191.70) and included a whole bunch of random things like golf equipment etc.

Checked baggage 0.00 (0%) 25.20

4 x Upgrade fee (36.00 GBP) 0.00 (0%) 144.00

Checked baggage 0.00 (0%) 16.80

Checked baggage 0.00 (0%) 43.00

2 x Namechange fee (36.00 GBP) 0.00 (0%) 72.00

2 x Seat reservation (10.00 GBP) 0.00 (0%) 20.00

Checked baggage 0.00 (0%) 32.00

Checked baggage 0.00 (0%) 15.00

2 x Golf equipment 0.00 (0%) 56.00

4 x Ski equipment 0.00 (0%) 112.00

2 x Fast track 0.00 (0%) 9.00

11x Excess baggage 0.00 (0%) 99.00

16x Excess baggage 0.00 (0%) 144.00

Windsurfing equipment 0.00 (0%) 38.00

Kite equipment 0.00 (0%) 38.00

Total Amount 0.00 1191.70

All of these individual charges have apparently been debited from his account.

So he got in touch with Norwegian Air through their chat system and they were of zero use, basically telling him it wasn't them, it must have been him, or someone else.

He got the same response from their phone line, that he's been hacked, or his account has been hacked and for him to go to his bank and the police.

He doesn't even have an account with norwegian air, so could he or anyone make changes?

It was with regret to learn of these charges and changes made to your booking without your knowledge.

Unfortunately we are unable to assist you in this matter, you must contact the police and your bank/insurance to cover the costs and report the theft of your personal information.

We apologise that we are not able to help you further with this issue and hope that it will be solved by the relevant authorities as soon as possible.

He's going down to the police station and bank tomorrow about it, but has anyone else experienced anything like this?

So did he book using the Norwegian Air official site or another site ?

Has he checked his bank account to see whether amounts have gone through ?

He needs to check with the bank first of all and if fraudulent amounts have been debited, the bank can reject these. He should take a copy of the email received with him, so the bank staff can see it. They should reverse the debits and refund his account. They might cancel his debit card and issue a new card.

Local Police might not be interested and will refer him to Action Fraud which is an online reporting system.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yep it was through the official norwegian airline website and yep the money has been taken already

I had him print everything off and he's heading down there tomorrow.

Yep it was through the official norwegian airline website and yep the money has been taken already

I had him print everything off and he's heading down there tomorrow.

Is his internet connection secure ?

Does anyone else use his computer and might have mucked around without realising what they had done e.g young children ?

Did anyone go into the Norwegian site to change debit card info held, so when the flights were cancelled any refund would go to a different account ?

I can't understand how anyone would make money by doing this, unless they gave different bank details for any cancellation refund.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

As far as I know everything is secure, we live in the same household.

We have two lodgers here, but my dad was actually here when the emails came through, so no one had access to his computer, or card details.

I don't understand it either, all the transactions were debited from his debit card, as it has his debit card number (last 4 digits) on each of the emails.

As far as I know everything is secure, we live in the same household.

We have two lodgers here, but my dad was actually here when the emails came through, so no one had access to his computer, or card details.

I don't understand it either, all the transactions were debited from his debit card, as it has his debit card number (last 4 digits) on each of the emails.

Does anyone else have access to his computer ?

Before he goes reporting it to the Police or Action fraud, he should think whether anyone has gone onto his computer and mucked around not realising what they have done.

I can't see anyone intercepting his internet connection from outside the house and then just messing around with a flight booking. They would not make any money.

Or Norwegian Air have made a mistake at their end and did not notice what has happened.