Holiday compensation, company admitted fault

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I contacted this uk company to complain that they didn't provide help when they claim they do. The lack of help has left my two daughters with health problems. The company admitted fault and offered me the entire holiday cost back which I accepted because I was in shock. Upon reflection I'm regretting accepting it. Is there anyway I can contact them and tell them I now don't accept it and want a higher amount?

I contacted this uk company to complain that they didn't provide help when they claim they do. The lack of help has left my two daughters with health problems. The company admitted fault and offered me the entire holiday cost back which I accepted because I was in shock. Upon reflection I'm regretting accepting it. Is there anyway I can contact them and tell them I now don't accept it and want a higher amount?

You would need to provide the full story and details of the complaint/compensation agreement you accepted. Did you sign anything to say you accepted the refund of the holiday cost as full settlement ?

Why do you think the holiday company is liable for any sum in excess of the holiday cost ?

Are there any other third parties responsible for issues you faced e.g airline, hotel ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Basically I nearly died, my daughter nearly died and now has chronic health problems and my other daughter is on medication for panic attacks, ptsd and anxiety as she witnessed the event. The company didn't help by not answering the phones and delaying us getting to the hospital. It took us over 4 hrs when it should've only been a 1 hr travel. The complaint was lodged via phone and the woman I spoke to was from the "directors office". She confirmed they were at fault and offered the full refund. I was so shocked they admitted fault I accepted the refund. Nothing was signed to agree, I accepted over the phone. I have two emails confirming the payment coming to us although I haven't received it yet. They refunded the £800 holiday cost but it's dawned on me that my daughters health cost more than a holiday amount and they deserve to have more for their futures.

Basically I nearly died, my daughter nearly died and now has chronic health problems and my other daughter is on medication for panic attacks, ptsd and anxiety as she witnessed the event. The company didn't help by not answering the phones and delaying us getting to the hospital. It took us over 4 hrs when it should've only been a 1 hr travel. The complaint was lodged via phone and the woman I spoke to was from the "directors office". She confirmed they were at fault and offered the full refund. I was so shocked they admitted fault I accepted the refund. Nothing was signed to agree, I accepted over the phone. I have two emails confirming the payment coming to us although I haven't received it yet. They refunded the £800 holiday cost but it's dawned on me that my daughters health cost more than a holiday amount and they deserve to have more for their futures.

Sounds like a case that a Solicitor would be willing to take on for you, possibly on a no win no fee basis. If you have legal cover under your Home Insurance that might cover legal costs in taking this forward.

Don't delay seeing a Solicitors with all of the information you have. CAG or any posters to the site can't recommend any Solicitors, so it is a case of researching which Solicitors locally can help with litigation for such holiday claims.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

So you think I may have a chance even though they've sent the emails confirming what was agreed over the phone? I don't want to waste anyone's time but I really feel that this could help my daughters in the future

So you think I may have a chance even though they've sent the emails confirming what was agreed over the phone? I don't want to waste anyone's time but I really feel that this could help my daughters in the future

Your agreements in the situation you were in only related to the holiday refund.

You will only know if you have a case, after you have seen or spoken to a Solicitors. Most Solicitors offer a free half hour consultation.

If you have legal cover under Home Insurance, they might put you in touch with Solicitors that can help.