• Tweets

• I see the poops are still trying to deflect from their own criminality and and abuses by whinging on about raynors buying her council house - now about election registration - anyone who owns a flat or house understands that you dont give up your and your childrens home just because of a new relationship and while we are on about that ..   lets start with When is jenrick being revisited for both lockdown abuses and self admitted (claims estate is his main home - not the property in his electorate or his london property) 'possible (lol) electoral registration abuses as he claimed he was at his estate 'main home' away from both London and his electoral 'home'  - much of which paid for by the taxpayer     Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick 'breaks lockdown rules twice' by going to 'second home' - Mirror Online WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK Key Cabinet Minister Robert Jenrick drove 150 miles to his 'second home' after urging the nation to remain in their homes in a bid to...   ... perhaps follow with more self admitted lobbying while in a potion where they shouldn't “A few of us in parliament have lobbied the government – and with the help of the Treasury select committee, the chancellor has listened,” John Baron wrote.   Tory MP faces lobbying questions over Treasury committee role | Investing | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Co-owner of investment management firm called for ‘urgent’ post-Brexit changes to City rules at committee meetings     About time labour got in the game and started pressing for these self admitted/bragged Tory abuses were properly investigates.
    • No I didn't I got the dates mixed up.   
    • Sorry about that, TJ. The person who posted it specifically said it was free access. Here's another version of the FT article. https://archive.is/KYrPa
    • Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed .. Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials. Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.
    • Paywalled/subscribe HB I'm unaware of the details on this HB but why is it a potential taxpayer burden? Hasn't a judge already ruled port has rights of access - so shouldn't costs be on the private company (South Tees Development Corporation) trying to change established access?     LIVE: High Court updates as CEO gives evidence in access rights row between STDC and PD Ports - Teesside Live WWW.GAZETTELIVE.CO.UK The face-off between the Teesport operator and Mayor Ben Houchen's South Tees Development Corporation continues in the High Court  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DCA continue to chase "debt" after losing in Court

ITmanrichard
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning everyone!

I wonder if anyone could kindly give me someadvice for my next move:

Barclaycard refused my wife PPI when she was hospitalised in 2011 saying she didn’t have a policy.

In 2013 we found out she DID have PPI,

so of course setabout claiming it back,

and finding out why we weren’t given the opportunity toclaim.

Barclaycard made it clear,

that any payments would payoff the balance on the account (£8K) and that the account would be closed.

During this time we negotiated a reduced monthly rate of paying the account,

infact this was by continuous payment authority on a Debit Card,

so the account was being paid.

My wife was offered £11k initially, but we negotiated because of their many errors and got £15K.

So they actually paid £7k to my wife after clearing the account.

The PPI claim was ongoing from Dec 2012 to August 2013.

in June 2013 without anyone being aware (even the PPI department),

a different Barclaycard department sold the debt of £8k on the account to a DCA

At the same time they put a default on my wife’s credit file?

Then the DCA put a second default on my wife’s creditfile and Experian have told us it is impossible to have 2 defaults for the samedebt, but yet they are still there?

We explained the situation to the DCA who refused to believe us,

we told them the debt was cleared and the fault lay with Barclaycard.

We explained this to Barclaycard who did the same and wouldn’t listen.

We even had the final offer letter from Barclaycard that stated that the account would be Paid Off before we got the balance.

And of course we have bank statements showing the Award minus Debt = balance going in to my wife’saccount.

DCA (who have their own in house solicitors) have taken my wife to Court.

We have counter claimed, only for a maximum £500 to keep down our costs.

We figured we would deal with DCA then take Barclaycard to Court.

But one of the questions I want to ask you guys on here is from what I have read,

you can only claim for ACTUAL financial loss and not damages for reputation etc?

Is that correct?

And finally I am wondering if I can end this early: DCA (solicitors)have:

1. Failed to send in Allocation Questionnaire on time.

2. Failed to attend Court for Directions hearing when required to do so on May 5th

3. Failed to pay Court Fee ordered to be paid by June 4th

4. Failed to file Witness statements by June 9th.

In the latter point (4) the Court office made a mistake in not informing them to file papers by the 9th June

(they were told a later date),

but if they had attended for directions on 5th the Judge gave me the paperwork to take away with me clearly stating filing date:

Both the correct and incorrect paperwork did however both say they should pay hearing fee by the 4th June however.

At the Directions hearing the judge said to me that

“he would strike out the claim”,

but that we need our counterclaim following through for costs,

and more importantly to clear my wife’s credit file.

He also stated that there was a danger that they would just claim again.

Does anybody have any further comments to add or advice,

because I think that for a DCA with their own solicitors they need teaching a lesson?

Hi ITmanrichard and welcome to CAG

Has the claim now been formally struck out ? Have you received the General Order to confirm this?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

No, at the Directions Hearing of 5th May, the judge said he would strike it out, but because we had counter claimed that he would not strike out and he set a date for hearing.

He was disgusted at them not turning up, but said that we need our counter claim to proceed not just for costs, but to force them to restore my wifes credit rating.

The judge is now blissfully unaware that they have NOT paid the hearing fee. At the hearing on 5th May he gave me papers stating all parties to file witness statements by 9th June.

Unfortunately when the court office typed them up and added a hearing date, the office put the papers to be filed 14 days before the hearing, 29th July. In speaking to them they said that they should of followed the judges directions to the letter, and they resent out paperwork stating the correct date of 9th June. The claimant wouldn't of received this until Thursday 5th June, giving them only 2 days to respond, so I am expecting they will object to this.

Also if the claimant had attended on May 5th they would of known the correct date!

However, all paperwork sent now or before states they should pay the hearing fee by 4th June, which they have not done.

My question is I suppose have they done enough "incorrectly" for me to void their witness statements (Indeed can I do this), and force a decision now, or am I going to have to let it go to hearing?

I would follow the directions of the court and assume its now proceeding...as the debt has been extinguished and your defence stated that you have no worries.

Let them rack further costs up for you to reclaim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Many thanks for the replies Andy

Could I just ask - are we correct about what we can claim for? Just ACTUAL losses?

It's just disgusting really, for example my wife has been with Volkswagen Audi Finance for 10 years now over 3 cars and has never missed a payment: But if she wanted another car with them at the moment it would probably be refused!

Well hopefully your counter claim will correct any adverse data.. there has been no loss as yet then no damages are quantifiable.

Assuming the counter claim is awarded then her credit history will be restored.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone could advise me if what I am thinking of doing is correct.

Wife owes Barclaycard £8 grand, Barclaycard PPI pays her out 11 grand, states in writing all along that they will pay off the Card first, sure enough she is sent £3 grand no problem, bank statement shows money going in.

At same time, Barclaycard customer services sells debt to legal firm !! We advise debt is paid off, they take no notice. We communicate with them several times they take no notice.

DCA send out summons November 2013, place default on wife's credit file. We counterclaim for costs etc. We are not legally trained, DCA have in-house legal team.

They file allocation questionnaire late.

They file court fee late.

They fail to reply to Information request under DPA.

They fail to attend Directions hearing in May 2014.

They fail to send in Witness Statement by June 10th as agreed at Directions Hearing (they weren't there)

Court said "oops Judge made mistake on order they can have till 14 days of hearing

They asked Asked for adjournment till Oct 10th.

They filed Witness statement on 1st October only 10 days before not 14.

Witness statement says we did not contact them at all but we have written evidence we did.

They now adjourned again til Dec 5th.

All this time my wife has default on credit file we cannot get a mortgage and have missed several opportunities to sell our house. If it lasts until April my wife will not be able to pay the balloon payment on her car, or finance a new one, so she will lose her job having no car.

My thoughts are to ask the Court that because DCA has not followed Pre action Protocol there witness statement should be stricken from the record, so forcing them to settle before December, remove default as per our counter claim, so my wife can get her life back. If someone could please advise as we are going out of our mind here. Thank you.

Hi Richard

" DCA send out summons November 2013, place default on wife's credit file. We counterclaim for costs etc. We are not legally trained,

DCA have in-house legal team." Thats a matter of opnion:madgrin:

Did you not defend ? Why have you counter claimed?

Regards

Andy

Thankyou for the rapid replies, we counter-claimed because of the hassle this has caused us with regard to not being able to move house (credit file etc), its just not fair. I would like to claim thousands but I know the court just go on actual financial loss which we cannot quantify more to than £300-400.

Everything they send us is marked from "senior litigant".

The last adjournment is indirectly our fault: we asked the court last Friday if I could attend in my wife's place on Oct 10th sooner than postpone again, as my wife is a teacher and she has realised that she is away with her class next week on a residential trip. As the form teacher she is expected to attend. We didn't want it taking any longer, but the court refused and postponed it anyway which is exactly what we didn't want.

"At same time, Barclaycard customer services sells debt to legal firm !! We advise debt is paid off, they take no notice. We communicate with them several times they take no notice."

That's our defence Andy, Barclaycard customer services sold a debt that was in the process of being paid off by another Barclaycard department: We were only sent the balance so Barclaycard still have the £8 k. The DCA purchased a debt that doesn't exist.

"At same time, Barclaycard customer services sells debt to legal firm !! We advise debt is paid off, they take no notice. We communicate with them several times they take no notice."

Oh dear....wish you had found us earlier....what are your particulars of counter claim?

1. Our PPI application makes note of the fact that we had contacted Barclaycard, they informed us that any PPI gained would firstly be applied to the Card Account Balance. We acknowledged that we were OK with this.

2. After having told in 2011 we had NO PPI we complained. In 2012 Barclaycard refused our PPI request, but in doing so acknowledged we did have PPI all along.

3. In 2013 we complained again, and this time won our case. Our acceptance letter from Barclaycard stated that "any monies listed below would firstly be used to clear the account and the account would be closed.

4. We were send 3k out of the 11k listed on the letter, 8k being withheld by Barclaycard.

5. Only a month later we were contacted by DCA saying they had purchased the Barclaycard "debt".

6. Arguments ensued between us and Barclaycard, and us and the DCA. Barclaycard PPI said they would sort it out and reclaim the Debt from the DCA which could be done in "exceptional circumstances" but they never did.

7. DCA placed default on wife's credit file, this is why we are counterclaiming.

8. DCA insists we have "never" contacted them" yet we have details of all our contact including a letter sent from them which infers we had contacted them.

9. Our counterclaim is for costs and damages (if we can claim any!!) to my wife's credit file, we are asking for her credit file to be rectified and back-dated, and up to £500 in costs.

Hope that helps, we have all documentation from DCA, Barclaycard etc etc and have filed everything on time and in good order.

OKay ...its not really written CPR compliant nor was your defence...I am amazed that you have got this far to be honest.

It may appear to be back tracking but could you read the following and compete by posting your responses here...this will pick up minor details that you may not have considered and also allow poster to spot other errors.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-April-2014**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Regards

Andy

Thanks for your help Andy:

But I have read all the CPR pre-action protocols and complied with everything I am aware of including the correct formatting of witness statements etc etc. that's why I have got this far! The above was just a summary for you here on CAG.

What I am having trouble dealing with is that If I hadn't of complied with CPR then my wife would of had a Judgement in default by now,

yet a DCA who DEFINATELY have in-house legal can get away with not turning up to a Directions Hearing when the order states "all parties to attend"? I asked the judge and he said they do it all the time?

Well ...the fact is that the DJ has allowed them leniency...nothing can undo that now so you must proceed as is and build on your counter claim....that is all that can proceed in reality.

So is the 5th Dec the trial or just a continuation ?

I honestly cant see how they can continue on a debt that as already been cleared by way of PPI ...waste of costs and court time.

Andy

Our thoughts exactly: and yes trial set for 5th December. We are being pursued for a debt that genuinely doesn't exist, and suffering with a black-listed credit file whilst it takes nearly a year to get to court.

Is there any way I can ask the Judge to look at the evidence beforehand without a trial so as not to waste the Courts time?

Afraid not...the best defences normally see them run and discontinue before it gets to trial.

• 2 years later...

Keeping it brief:

2011 owed £8k to Barclaycard

We Win 11k PPI from Barclaycard,

BC state in letter they will keep any PPI due against balance, and duly transfer 3K into our bank. Fair enough, debt cleared and we get 3K.

2013 we find out BC have sold "debt" to DCA and they chase us for 8K,

eventually goes to Court in Dec 2015 DCA lose. End of.

But no,

DCA sell debt to Robinson Way!

They chase us,

we give them CC case number and court date and tell them to take a running jump!

Still chasing us

we need this stopped it's been 4 years now and all the time on my wife's credit file.

Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Ignore them.

Complain to the FCA and your local MP.

There's nothing they can do, I'd be willing them to try court action, be able to claim for damages.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

old and new threads merged for history.

who tried court name them please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

old and new threads merged for history.

who tried court name them please

BCard sold debt to MKDP LLP

MKDP lost in court

Robinson way chasing.

It says on today's letter "former HDHP 2 Ltd ( Barclay card) (never heard of them?

They want all the details and my wife is ( stating) she is

"not giving out any more of her details to another company who has no connection with her whatsoever" she's obviously miffed.

we gave them the case number and court and told them to obtain a copy of the judgement.

They didn't and wrote back that Barclaycard had no knowledge of any order or judgement

- but then they wouldn't because it was MKDP LLP.

RW have even admitted this drops off my wife's credit file in December, it's been that long.

My wife was intitalyy refused car finance from VWFS 3 years ago because of this,

we sent the underwriters our Court Defence and luckily because of this and 10 previous years of faultless payments to them they reversed the decision

- my wife was on a PCP plan and would of had her old car taken away and had no car to get to work.

We are just really annoyed now and want someone to pay for what they have done.