Wrongly accused of fly tipping pace interview

salphy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I've just received a letter accusing me of fly tipping and feel absolutely sick.

I have to go for an interview next week.

As much as a caution and I will lose my job.

They have apparently found evidence with my name and my nans address on.

I have never lived at my nans but have had packages delivered before when I've been at work.

The place they're accusing me of fly tipping I've never even been and have had to google Maps search to find out where it is.

It's nearly 40 min drive from me and 30 mins from my nans in Manchester.

We've had 2 skips the last couple of months but through a reputable company and I've contacted them to see where their waste goes if it's passed on etc but they said it all stays within Warrington where I live.

I've absolutely no idea how anything of mine could have got there.

I haven't had a delivery to my nans for a long time and don't remember throwing any packaging out recently.

I really don't know what to do. Please help, thanks.

Do you have the receipts for the skip hire ?

Suggest you just provide the information you have to whoever is investigating.

I would be sending a statement to the relevant people with all of the information in advance of the interview and take it with you to the interview as well.

If you have never been to the tipping site, then the only evidence they have is the litter with your name/address details. That is not enough evidence.

There is the possibility the skip hire people dumped your rubbish.

There have been cases of skip and house clearance companies fly tipping, as they get charged for commercial waste disposal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Unfortunately if you contract someone who disposes of your waste your ment to establish that they have all the correct licences to dispose of the waste.

Your details would of ended up fly-tipped but the trace leads back to you, somehow.

Tho is to stop unlicensed removals of peoples waste by cheap means only to end up fly tipped.

As long as you did all necessary checks before you employed the company to do work and have receipts for the skips, on headed paper or a proper receipt ( not a bit of scrawl on the back of a napkin)

Then under interview just state

I carryied out all reasonable background checks on the skip company. They hold every and all proper licences and documents that they dispose of the waste in the correct way and i have got proper receipts for the disposal.

I have complied with the law and I made all the necessary checks in due diligence.

However if you haven't done the checks......... You wouldn't commit perjury under caution would you?

Do not Say you have done something when you know you havent

Something I found on a council website.

Be responsible, or risk a fine

If you’re paying someone to take your waste away you have a duty of care to ensure that it is legally disposed of without endangering health or harming the environment. You should always ask to see the waste carrier’s licence and note the details of the licence, their vehicle, the company and the driver’s name. You can easily check if they have a permit on the Government website or Environment Agency website.

If you have not carried out the above checks and the waste is then illegally disposed of, this could lead to a penalty of up to £5,000 if convicted in a magistrates' court or an unlimited fine if convicted in a crown court.

If you have never been to the tipping site, then the only evidence they have is the litter with your name/address details. That is not enough evidence.

Not entirely true.

See above copy from gov.uk

You must do checks, if you dont you can be fined

No we don't have any receipts we've been at work when they've picked it up.

Both times they've picked it up over 2 weeks late and on the phone they asked me if someone could have stolen a skip or if gypsies could have been in the skip whilst we've been out.

We don't know who collected it as we weren't here.

They said all their waste goes to and remains in Widnes and they don't pass it on to anyone else or send it anywhere because they'd be prosecuted.

I think all they have is something with my name and nans address on, I've 100% never been there and couldn't take you there if you had a gun to my head.

That's all it says in the letter but it doesn't say much. I don't know what waste it was with or when it was found.

I've tried to contact them but the man dealing with St has finished now until.Monday and my interview is on Thursday. I work on the bank as an nhs health professional so will lose pay by attending. I really can't believe it.

I didn't know any of this, I just trusted a well known local skip company. I didn't even arrange or book the skip my fiance did. How is this fair I've done nothing wrong.

Their website says they are licensed and they've got a lot of 5 star reviews.

We've used them before in the past with no issues.

Their website says they are licensed and they've got a lot of 5 star reviews. We've used them before in the past with no issues.

As long as you used a known rubbish disposal service then there is no problem. Had you used a skip provided by your mate Tony from the local pub, then it woukd be a different matter.

The only possibility is whether your nans house has had any clearance or building works and somehow paperwork left there has ended up being dumped. Is this possible ?

As long as you evidence you are a careful person and have not committed this offence, then you have nothing to fear.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Then just say you carried out all the requirements set out in law regarding license checks with the skip company. They ar fully licensed as as far as you know they disposed of your waste according to the law.

That is what the law requires you to do, you've done it so your not accountable.

If, under caution, they start asking you awkward questions, or start to treat you as a hostile , just state your not answering any more questions until you have consulted a solicitor. Re state what I wrote above ( checks) and then cotinue with a no comment interview

My nan's house is council owned and no works or clearance recently.

I don't even know if it is out of the skip we used. I don't know how else it could have got there. I always use the recycle bin for plastic and paper packaging etc. How recently is it likely to have been from?

We had a new bin in the last few months as the old one broke they couldn't empty it onto the bin truck so just took it away and gave us a new one. We were at work when that was picked up too.

Makes you wonder going back some time, your Nan's recycling was looked through by someone untoward searching for personal details to steal. It was then discarded in rubbish which then found it's way to the illegal tipping point. I saw recently on TV there have been big clear ups in places where fly tipping was out of control so this could be the answer especially when you say the place found is miles away.

Reading your posts, you have covered what I feel is sufficient checking for the disposal of rubbish. I believe don't worry and a good idea as posted above, to send a reply to the letter in advance stating clearly you dispose of your rubbish with due diligence,

skip checked and rubbish put in the relevant bins taken away by the local authority.

Because i am paranoid about these issues, i never put anything in my rubbish with name and/or address showing. Anything, even junk mail with my address showing is put to one side and it is shredded. I have always thought what would happen if my rubbish ended up being connected with something where a penalty notice might be applied. E.g wrong items put in standard black bin, food waste not put in black bin instead of food waste bin. You read of councils issuing notices for anything to generate revenues.

Thanks, I hope they accept that.

The place is 14miles away but on the other side though central Manchester so nearly 40mins. Why on earth would I go all that why to dump rubbish somewhere I've never been before which on google maps street view looks built up with houses, businesses and retail parks.

Where I live is semi rural I'm surrounded by quiet country lanes and walks which we love taking the dogs to. I wouldn't dream of dumping anything anywhere. We have a tip 5 mins down the road.

I live in Warrington and work in Merseyside I have absolutely no reason to be anywhere near North Manchester. The last time I was in Manchester was at the MEN last year watching Billy Connolly with my mum dad and fiance but that's central and I can't remember the time before that. I hate being in and driving in busy places so avoid it as much as possible. It's just ridiculous.

I do normally do so here, we have a log burner which I put all letters in. I'm probably a bit less careful with boxes etc. Most of the packaging I've had delivered to my nans I've put straight in her recycle bin.

All I can think is it's rubbish I've had lying around here and accidentally put in the skip with everything else or it's been taken out of my Nans bin. It would help if I knew what they'd found and in what context.

Salphy, where you live is immaterial.

Too much detail, dont sweat the petty things....

However I saw billy Connolly at the echo arena. I laughed all the way thru, shame he does not jump all over the stage like he used to

I've just spoken to my nans cause I vaguely remembered she had her bin stolen and she's just confirmed that she had her blue recycle bin stolen twice but it was ages ago. She's going to get in touch with the council and ask them to confirm this as she's had to have two new bins delivered.

They were stolen from outside the gate when waiting to be emptied. She always thought sothey took them up onto the banking opposite and set fire to them but we have no proof of this or where they ended up

I've just spoken to my nans cause I vaguely remembered she had her bin stolen and she's just confirmed that she had her blue recycle bin stolen twice but it was ages ago. She's going to get in touch with the council and ask them to confirm this as she's had to have two new bins delivered.

They were stolen from outside the gate when waiting to be emptied. She always thought sothey took them up onto the banking opposite and set fire to them but we have no proof of this or where they ended up

Salphy, where you live is immaterial.

Too much detail, dont sweat the petty things....

However I saw billy Connolly at the echo arena. I laughed all the way thru, shame he does not jump all over the stage like he used to

Sorry guess I'm just getting carried away trying to prove my innocence. It just feels so unfair this could literally happen to anyone and if this is all they need to prosecute then real flytippers just have to get something with someone else's name and address on and keep getting away with it.

BC was brilliant but I work in neurology and it was difficult to ignore his symptoms creeping in throughout. But that's another reason, I love my job, I'm governed by the health care professions council and chartered. I work with vulnerable patients and all it takes is a caution to be struck off. Why would I risk that to dump rubbish 40 mins away when I could take it to the tip down the road for free?!

Thank you.

I'm considering emailing the accuser with the above points, asking what he found and making it clear all my patients appointments on Thursday will have to be cancelled if they make me attend and I can't help them any further than to give the details of the skip company we used or nans council contact details to confirm the bins were stolen.

I tried to contact him when I got the letter, it says to ring or email to confirm attendance but coincidentally he'd just finished for the day. They said he'll ring me on Monday but I'll be in work.

Yes email with all relevant info, your recent skip credentials checked, rubbish disposed with diligence, your nan's recycle bin loss,and ask what has been found.

Just out of interest you mention BC, can you explain more as to what is on your mind.