• Tweets

• Thank you. Can you tell us who replaced the rear brakes in June 2019? Who paid for it? One slight problem here is that the amount of money you are dealing with is in excess of £10,000. £10,000 as the County Court small claims limit. When you bring a small claim – less than £10,000 – then even if you lose, you won't have to pay the costs of the other party. Over £10,000 and you will have to pay if you lose. On the basis of what you say here, you have absolutely no chance of losing but on the other hand the fact that you would have to bring the claim on the fast track brings comfort to the other side and they are more likely to employ tactics to intimidate you with the spectre of costs hanging over you in the event that you lose. This is something to take into consideration. You have two choices. One would be to consider claiming for the refund of the entire price plus any ancillary losses. The second would be to claim for repairs. On the basis that repairs will be considerably less than £10,000 I think that I would suggest you go for that. This means that you need to get the car thoroughly examined and get a quote for repairs and generally speaking putting into a proper roadworthy condition. In fact you would need to independent quotations. You would then, with our help, enter the pre-action protocol which would essentially threaten the dealer and also the finance company with 14 days to sort it out or else you will bring a court action and without any further notice. You would only make this threat if you decided to go ahead with it. It's not worth bluffing. Both the dealer and the finance company will probably use all sorts of tactics to delay and to prevaricate. You must not allow yourself to get dragged into any kind of protracted discussion. You make the threat. 14 days. Day 15 – you send them the good news. Once they have the court papers they will then start to realise that you are serious. The finance company will put pressure on the dealer and someone or other will put their hands up. It's up to you if you want to get involved in this kind of action. If not then I think you're going to have a hard slog
    • Ok trying to move this forward. just got a statement with £260 agents fees added even though they have no collected the car! Am I right in thinking this is illegal?   Moving forward is it best for me to submit an N244 with the court to try and stop them taking the car and for these unlawful fees? Could somebody advise what it is I’m asking the court to do as I don’t want extra time to pay as the account is up to date but I don’t want them taking the vehicle because I’m refusing to pay these agents fees!   could really do with some help  
    • The dealer is MK autos ltd in Milton Keynes.   We know the car was serviced by bmw once, as we called to ask but about 2 years ago.  The car was brought for £10,995 but with finance cost total will be £22,000.. Eye watering amount but again we was pushed into a corner. I needed a car my mum has terminal lung cancer and I do all the hospital appointments. We thought that we would be safe for a while at least.   Again I forgot to mention that although the car had a "service" the rear brakes went and were replaced on the 15th June 2019..   We have paid so far in total £2260 in 6 months.   I am prepared to fight this!!  
    • What is the name of the dealer please? I'm afraid that you seem to have managed to miss certain important landmarks. If a defect occurs within the first 30 days then you are entitled to a refund or a replacement at your option. Unfortunately you didn't assert this short-term right to reject and so you have lost the opportunity. After that, if a defect occurs within the first six months then you have the right to insist upon a repair and if the repair fails then you are entitled to a refund or a replacement at your option. Unfortunately you haven't taken advantage of this. The dealer has claimed that a warranty has expired. It has nothing to do with warranties and in fact warranties tend to be extremely misleading because they tend to lull you into a sense that you have no other rights. This is not true. Under the Consumer Rights Act you are entitled to have a vehicle which is of satisfactory quality – given the price, age, and other relevant factors – and that it remains in a satisfactory condition for a reasonable period of time. On the basis of what you say it seems to me that the defects are serious enough to render the vehicle not of satisfactory quality. However, you are dealing with a dealer who is clearly unhelpful. I don't know why you haven't told us who he is – but you should do. You have taken out finance and although you reached out to the finance company at an early stage, they declined to get involved. They gave you a reason and it seems that you accepted this reason even though you don't seem to understand that the finance company has no friend of yours. Your interests are in conflict with theirs. Under section 75 of the consumer credit act, the finance company is liable to exactly the same extent as the dealer is. The chances are that you may have to take one or other of them to court. You certainly need to be prepared to do so and be prepared to threaten it in the hope that someone will put their hands up – but if they don't then you will go ahead with your threat. Don't bluff. You haven't told us how much you have paid for the vehicle. Also, have you sought an independent quotation for the repair work? On the basis that the dealer is probably going to remain uncooperative then you are probably looking at several months before this is sorted out. The way to deal with it will be to be extremely assertive and aggressive and we will help you if you have the will to do it.  
  • Our picks

TheUnknownStuntman

Natwest cant find Loan CCA - was paying Wescot £1PCM..what do i do now??

no

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

but I thought by being in contact with me about the loan that prevents it going back statue barred, the debt is now over 6 years old. Thankyou for replying.

sb runs from last payment or last signed letter from YOU acknowledging the debt.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Thankyou,

is it possible that this debt will go to a DCA,

(Debt is over 6 years old now and Natwest are unable to provide the original terms and conditions).

I have read that if a DCA does a check on you it can effect your credit file negativity.

I have managed through hard work to get my credit file back up to excellent after natwests default has now dropped off.

Nope only you and they know

Can't hurt your rating 

And a dca is powerless anyway

They are not bailiffs 

Dx

UnkinwnStuntMan

It is something like 20 months since you started this thread and I replied to you.  It is good to see you are still with the plan to reach the Statute Barred date.

When we stopped payments in February 2013 SB seemed so far in the future. Like you, we read other people's success stories and decided to bite the bullet and go for it.

Our SB date came and went 9 days ago with not a peep out of NatWest.

Keep the faith and good luck.

Love your enemies - it drives them crazy.

Thanks to Bobby Thompson (1911-1988) for the user name:"Let them knock, the paint lasts longer than the skin".

nec temere nec timide

So far, all done free for friends:

Cabot - F&F reduced debt by £7700 (70%)

NatWest - PPI claim - £1,800

NatWest - PPI claim - £6,200

NatWest - PPI claim - £3,000

Co-op Bank - PPI claim - £5,200

Halifax - PPI claim - £2,800

NatWest - debt identified as statute barred - £1,900

NatWest - debt identified as statute barred - £2,700

NatWest - loan identified as unenforceable - £13,400

Yup,

My wife had a loan and overdraft from Natwest which she defaulted on in 2007. 

It never went to a DCA, and they never Litigated. It went statute barred in 2013.  

Sorry to drag up an old thread but wanted to ask a question.

when Natwest put a default on my account I had 2 accounts which they put into default.

One was a credit card which now as past 6 years and with no CCA I no longer pay thanks to you guys..

At the same time I had a current account which they also stuck a default on at the same time.

I have been paying it £1 a month simular to the credit card.

I am still paying this but thinking is this the same as a credit card agreement being a current account or can i follow the same process and send them a cca?

this is over 6 years old now.

Thanks in advance

No ...not applicable to current accounts..the longer you keep paying your £1.....it will never become statute barred...time to make a decision.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thats a choice for you to make....we do not advocate debt avoidance ...but if the debt has accrued purley through penalty charges and interest on penalty charges then you have to decide is it fair you should be settling this matter. 

Only you know how you serviced this overdraft and its history...if it is purley your borrowings and not penalty charges or interest then I would say no come to some settlement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

It was that long ago I carnt remember the exact details of why it went into a default. I think it was an overdraft which I was struggling to pay back. Natwest did write and say they have locked / closed the account and put into default, i think. At the time I had just lost my mum to a terminal illness which is why i got into trouble in the first place becuase I came out of work to look after her and Natwest did not want to help or listen.

I would get a DSAR running on the account and get all the data of how this debt accrued...then you make an informed judgment as to whether you feel you do owe it or whether is a debt created by the banking systems.

OK, so I have found that Natwest have a procedure for submitting a SAR with a downloadable pdf and and a specific address, is this the same or is a DSAR different ?