Natwest cant find Loan CCA - was paying Wescot £1PCM..what do i do now??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sb runs from last payment or last signed letter from YOU acknowledging the debt.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thankyou,

is it possible that this debt will go to a DCA,

(Debt is over 6 years old now and Natwest are unable to provide the original terms and conditions).

I have read that if a DCA does a check on you it can effect your credit file negativity.

I have managed through hard work to get my credit file back up to excellent after natwests default has now dropped off.

Nope only you and they know

Can't hurt your rating 

And a dca is powerless anyway

They are not bailiffs 

Dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

UnkinwnStuntMan

It is something like 20 months since you started this thread and I replied to you.  It is good to see you are still with the plan to reach the Statute Barred date.

When we stopped payments in February 2013 SB seemed so far in the future. Like you, we read other people's success stories and decided to bite the bullet and go for it.

Our SB date came and went 9 days ago with not a peep out of NatWest.

Keep the faith and good luck.

Yup,

My wife had a loan and overdraft from Natwest which she defaulted on in 2007. 

It never went to a DCA, and they never Litigated. It went statute barred in 2013.  

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread but wanted to ask a question.

when Natwest put a default on my account I had 2 accounts which they put into default.

One was a credit card which now as past 6 years and with no CCA I no longer pay thanks to you guys..

At the same time I had a current account which they also stuck a default on at the same time.

I have been paying it £1 a month simular to the credit card.

I am still paying this but thinking is this the same as a credit card agreement being a current account or can i follow the same process and send them a cca?

this is over 6 years old now.

Thanks in advance

No ...not applicable to current accounts..the longer you keep paying your £1.....it will never become statute barred...time to make a decision.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thats a choice for you to make....we do not advocate debt avoidance ...but if the debt has accrued purley through penalty charges and interest on penalty charges then you have to decide is it fair you should be settling this matter. 

Only you know how you serviced this overdraft and its history...if it is purley your borrowings and not penalty charges or interest then I would say no come to some settlement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

It was that long ago I carnt remember the exact details of why it went into a default.

I think it was an overdraft which I was struggling to pay back.

Natwest did write and say they have locked / closed the account and put into default, i think.

At the time I had just lost my mum to a terminal illness which is why i got into trouble in the first place because I came out of work to look after her and Natwest did not want to help or listen.

I would get a DSAR running on the account and get all the data of how this debt accrued...then you make an informed judgment as to whether you feel you do owe it or whether is a debt created by the banking systems.

One and the same Data Subject Access Request

• 2 years later...

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I hope everyone is safe and well.

So quick update. I still pay £1 to Natwest but for the current account that was overdrawn. I guess I do this for peace of mind.

I know the longer I pay this then the longer it would take to go to potentially Statued Barred.

However Im not sure about it becuase its an overdraft that got added to the debt.

The actual loan itself I stopped paying for. both was merged into one sum.

I was paying £1 for the loan account and £1 for the current account that was in overdraft, both were standing orders that I pay direct to Natwest, if that makes sense

I have heard nothing whatsoever for possibly 2 years.

I noticed last month a hard search on my credit file from Intrum, Yesterday I recieved a letter from Intrum saying that Natwest no longer own the debt and that Intrum do, but Wescot (which I have heard nothing from) are still managing it so continue to pay them, which i dont.

In my mind I am going to do nothing and just continue to pay natwest the £1 for current account.

What do you think I should do ?

Doc1.pdf

They say accounts

so what are they listing

pers i'd stop paying 

and they

Stop paying. Start the SB clock ticking finally. Nat West won't take you to court anyway.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Banks don’t do court. I had Nat West overdraft , loans etc all defaulted and statute barred ages ago. Didn’t even get many letters after the first couple of years. Now they are offering me loans and overdrafts again , like it all never happened.

Debts have been assigned anyway to Intrum....so NW not involved....stop your payment as NW will simply be forwarding it to Intrum.

DId you state that NW have already confirmed they cannot comply with your section 77 request ?

And credit agreement for the loan which they amalgamated  ?