• Tweets

• And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
    • HB - yes I agree it is about their paperwork and advice.  I need to be clear in my head what my complaint is.  And what a result looks like for me? (They should never have placed me with the shark with whom I've had all sorts of issues - but I don't think that's my complaint focus -v-  broker) 
    • HB - all sorts of issues have been in court; the main one re repo remains in court, no resolution.  They all stem really from bad advice by broker.  Indeed, but if the Ombudsman is prepared to accept the complaint, it would be about the advice given by the broker and their paperwork, wouldn't it? You seem to be asserting that the problems you've had stem from their bad advice. HB
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Natwest cant find Loan CCA - was paying Wescot £1PCM..what do i do now??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 987 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon.

I was wondering if someone can help me with some questions regarding an old debt I have.

About 5 years ago, my mother became terminally ill, I was in full time work and had to reduce my hours to help her as she refused to go into care.

At the time I was paying for a Loan from NatWest.

I knew I was going to start to struggle paying the loan amount so I went into the bank to ask for help.

3 times I went in asked, each time they either tried to replace it with a bigger loan over longer or just said no.

On the 3rd time I spoke to the General Manager who said to stop paying the loan and we will be in touch to arrange a lower payment.

I was unaware what this actually meant but did it.

5 Years on I have a default and debt owing to NatWest,

However they have got Westcot to manage the Debt which I pay a token payment of £1 a month.

Recently a friend told me about the original terms and conditions tactic.

I wrote to Westcot asking which they told me they only manage the debt

I then wrote to NatWest who have replied saying they cannot find them or have enough data and that the debt is not enforceable

however because I'm in default this only stops them not pursing in court.

The letter says please continue to pay because it they don't they will use what ever means by the law to get the debt back.

They also say the Debt is still Valid and please contact them to arrange payment if I haven't already done so.

My question is what do I do now?

My Default will drop off soon and I don't want to cause a issue which could stop that happening.

This is the only debt I have and its effects my credit score.

What should I do?

Any help with be greatly received.

I have attached the letter.

Natwest Letter.jpeg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Easy - Stop Paying :)

Its as simple as that. Wescot dont do court and also as they have confirmed it is unenforceable then they can go whistle...

Nothing they can do to you :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yes which means no public CCJ :)

It wont be affected. 6 years from the default date it will drop off paid or not! :)

You have nothing to lose honestly!!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

they'll fog it on to a debt buyer

you'll get a notice of assignment

then fire off a CCA request to the fleecing DCA that buys it.

cant hurt your file anymore

it will vanish on the defaults 6th birthday paid or not

never to return.

if nastywest cant find the signed agreement

then neither will they be able to supply it to a no powers DCA

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

DX is right - These debts are sold without CCA info so they have to go back to the original Cred... If they cant then... CrapOuttaLuck...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Good Morning Guy,

Spoke to Citizen Advice Debt Department and they said that the CCA request does not stop Nastywest taking me to court or getting a CCJ. They said websites like this give false information.

They also said that Nastywest will try to report me as bankrupt so the best thing I can do is offer a settlement and pay off asap.

Is this true, can Nastywest declare my bankrupt and that appears as a separate point on my credit report.

Also is there a template letter when replying to a unable to provide the original terms and conditions.

Thank you for all your help so far guys..

NatWest cant just declare you bankrupt

and some wings of CAB have some very strange ideas about what courts can and cannot enforce

without a signed agreement

and the fact that the ORIGINAL CREDITOR ADMIT they have no agreement.

as I said

they'll flog the lemon on. to a DCA.

then its over, because if NW cant find the CCA

sure as eggs is eggs the DCA wont either.

the quicker you stop paying

the quicker it will become statute barred

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So got a response from the National Debtline regarding my situation.

The creditor could seek to issue a claim against you in the county court and it would be at the discretion of the court whether to grant a judgment.

The court would be able to grant the judgment even if there were no original agreement or terms and conditions.

You will require legal advice to establish whether any such claim should it be made would be successful or not as this is likely to ultimately determine whether you seek to repay the debt or not.

well cag cant keep repeating itself.....

and they

Agree with DX - If you enter a defence and put them to strict proof with an agreement then they would be outta luck on this one :)

Thats IF they issue a claim... They wont :)

Stop worrying! :)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You have had a lot of very good advice on here. Now I would like to tell you of my actual experience with my NatWest loan.

My wife had a £13,400 NatWest loan and, like you, they lost her original agreement.

We went through the same emotions as you are some 4+ years ago.

Dare we stop paying, what might happen, etc.

We stopped making payments to them back in February 2013 and guess what happened - nothing.

It must be over two years since we last heard from them.

The default dropped off her credit history long ago and now we are only 19 months away from the debt becoming statute barred.

Your choice - but the advice we received on here was the same as you have been given, and it is working well for us.

As an aside, we also made a PPI claim on this loan, which was actually three loans rolled forward and were awarded just over £10,000 (yes - ten thousand pounds) which they paid by cheque.

and they

• 4 weeks later...

I believe they have 8 weeks

and they

• 2 weeks later...

The CAB advice is correct. The court can enforce without the creditor having to provide a signed agreement.

Regards

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

127 Enforcement orders in cases of infringement.

(1)In the case of an application for an enforcement order under—

[F1(za)section 55(2) (disclosure of information), or]

[F2(zb)section 61B(3) (duty to supply copy of overdraft agreement), or]

(a)section 65(1) (improperly executed agreements),

the court shall dismiss the application if, but F3. . . only if, it considers it just to do so having regard to—

(i)prejudice caused to any person by the contravention in question, and the degree of culpability for it; and

(ii)the powers conferred on the court by subsection (2) and sections 135 and 136.

(2)If it appears to the court just to do so, it may in an enforcement order reduce or discharge any sum payable by the debtor or hirer, or any surety, so as to compensate him for prejudice suffered as a result of the contravention in question.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

TheUnknownStuntsman.

Did you have any success with your PPI claim?

I to had a loan with NatWest, and they couldn't find the CCA, I have no idea whether there was PPI or not. The Debt is now statute barred. Originally, on principle, I didn't even consider trying to claim PPI, however, as they are still being difficult, I'm now considering it. Just wondered if you had any success.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag this back up but I have now stopped paying them and the default has dropped off,

however Natwest still send me an account summary every six months because they are to do so by law or something,

Because they are doing this,

does this stop the debt becoming statue barred ?

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 16:48, flooz said:

TheUnknownStuntsman.

Did you have any success with your PPI claim?

I to had a loan with NatWest, and they couldn't find the CCA, I have no idea whether there was PPI or not. The Debt is now statute barred. Originally, on principle, I didn't even consider trying to claim PPI, however, as they are still being difficult, I'm now considering it. Just wondered if you had any success.

No, they said I have already had a refund which I clearly have not and they just became awkward about it. I have a ppi company chase them but they wanted me to prove they owe me money.