Smart meter installation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have repeatedly tried to get a smart meter installed and British Gas has failed to do so. They attended the property, and then said they needed access to next door too and would arrange access. They have failed to do so. They have repeatedly missed appointments at installing a smart meter at all. They have however tried to sell me a new boiler, even lying and claiming that my present boiler could "blow up". Their words, not mine. An independent gas inspector burst out laughing. :mad2:

Anyway, what is the legal perspective of this. It is impossible to monitor energy use with an ancient gas meter in the cellar. My lodger burns energy like god knows what by having the heating on 28c at 4am and cannot see the results of it - I'm getting fed up with £800 per quarter gas bills.

Switch suppliers...they will soon fit one.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Why do you have to pay to switch energy suppliers?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

1) 12 month contract

2) Listed house. I have the lower two floors, there's a flat above. Gas supply comes in through my lower floor but there's only one meter down here, the other was removed over a decade ago right before the house was listed.

1) 12 month contract

2) Listed house. I have the lower two floors, there's a flat above. Gas supply comes in through my lower floor but there's only one meter down here, the other was removed over a decade ago right before the house was listed.

Ah the missing details from your initial post...is their a Property Manager/Estate or do you privately own the flat ?

Sounds like it might be an idea to get the separate meter reinstalled for the lodger...preferably Smart Meters for both floors .....then the problem is resolved.....

2 separate dwellings.

Please make this clear,

2 dwellings, two separate addresses, does the lodger live with you in your dwelling or are you saying you have a Tennant in the other flat but your referring to them as a lodger?.

Irrespective of who owns what, you cannot force a Tennant to change their meters for smart meters.

Wait till end of tenancy served with a section 21. Make them move and then you can do what you want

Oh god I have a lodger, not a tenant. How can a lodger have a separate meter when they share a property with you :lol:

All I wanted to know was if I could force them to install a smart meter.

*bangs head* I give up.