faulty used car - possible return

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

27 june 2017 bought 2.0t sidi vx line sri insignia 5000 miles on clock, paid around 17k for it, 9k trade in rest on 2 credit cards.

dealer is 140 miles away from me - a very big vauxhall dealer.

when i bought the car i started to notice a rattle, it really sounded like braked pads rattling, so i thought when i get time ill pop it into my local vaux dealer to get them sorted.

however recently the rattling sounds got worse, it does it when letting clutch out, pulling away, travelling at slow speeds ie few miles per hour and did it when i went over a rumble strip

i took the car into my local dealer yesterday who told me this noise was normal - i argued it was not and went on my way home, i got got home and called the dealer again and asked for service manager to call me

i also lodged a complaint with vaux head office

today the service manager called and asked me to bring the car back in, i can replicate the rattle every time with the clutch and i heard tyhis noise several times, they are now saying they dont know if this noise is normal or not and are going to get in touch with higher up people at vauxhall, vaux head office called me today to say they are taking charge of this and will call me again soon.

what are my rights if they say this noise is normal? because i refuse to belive it is normal - metal is clearly hitting metal some where on the car - it is 100% not the brake pads now.

this is a top of the range insignia, and i like it alot.

theres 2 more of these cars available, id be willing to do a like for like swap, well moreso a full refund on mine and start again buying the other etc if i can reject this one, as i say im worried there going to say this noise is normal

where do i stand guys?

trouble is no local dealer can compare this car with another one as they are rare and none localy about, the srvice manager has only ever seen one of these before and i think the main mechanic has never seen one before.

Get an independent report.

On that reports findings reject the car under consumer law. Return the car on that basis. Demand a refund. If they don't start a section 75 claim. The cedit cards are liable for the WHOLE amount paid, not just what was paid on the credit card

going to play this by mine and the various protection laws etc i have available to me

at the moment:

im still within first 30 days cra

i have the network q exchange guarantee first 30 days

manufacture warranty

network q warranty

another vaux garage say something is wrong, they want the car in for a few days, they have not diganosed anything but they belive its transmission, gearbox, clutch kinda problem

i see this in a good way because these parts if faulty are going to be exchanged (and no they wont be putting any gear box in it thats recon or used) - car was clearly faulty when i bought it with under 5k miles

i only want this make / spec of car. if i exchange it i could end up with another car with problems, if i took the refund option id simply buy the same spec of car anyway

vaux head office is already involved, little do they know calling to discuss this is about to cease and everything from now on will be done via email, same for the dealership i bought it from.

lets hope the faulty part willl be replaced

rest is on 2 credit cards....

don't faff around

go ring the 2 card providers

tell them the car is faulty

and under section 75 they are equally responsible for this being faulty.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?473624-Section-75-and-Charge-Back..-gt-Whats-the-difference-and-how-to-utilise-them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

still responsible for providing a roadworthy car.....

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they are yes, but if i get new gearbox from the factory that is kinda perfect, if its clutch etc

- it will all be fixed, give me one hell of a road worthy car.

the first sign of messing about by anyone dealing with this / sold me this car then you can bet your bottom dollar every protection tool at my disposal will be used

trust me im [removed],

guess what they tried to tell me at this second vaux garage???

tried to tell me it was my seat rattling!

he honestly tried to convince me of this,

untill i said right move over ill get in and drive,

lowered the windows began to drive with car producing these noises

- i didnt hear that he said,

take us back to the garage this is not normal

- i kid you not

Edited by dx100uk
behave - dx

use the tools to your advantage

and they

will you confirm something, ive tried to find it again but i cant.

can waiting for a booked appointment and the time they have the car be added on to the 30 day cra?, ie they have it booked in now in there system to collect the car on Wednesday next week, booked in on Thursday 13th ?

thank you for taking a interest.

as long as you notified the seller of an 'issue' within 30 days, you are covered fully.

and they

cheers nimrod, deffo coming from front of car, and now you mention it it could be timing chain related, i think its transmission, i can make the car make the sound every time i push the clutch in

dont worry im in one hell of a position protection wise, and bought the car from "high end" dealer etc, so no worry bout not getting money back etc, but as above im gona try and come out of this with new gear box etc if thats whats wrong, ill hjave a much better ider of play once the car goes into garage on wedensday.