Based in New Zealand with overseas debt - Complete Credit Solutions Sydney

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm kind of in the same boat with these guys,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?476654-Australian-Debt-Complete-Credit-Solutions&p=5042016#post5042016

but for a far less amount ($5k).

Im based in NZ - long story short the debt is in my name, but don't trust your (now ex) girlfriend in an absolute manner to settle the debt on breakup, even though its hers! No amount has been paid on this in two years.

What is a reasonable timeframe to propose for a payment arrangement? Its a rather small(ish) amount, so I do know they won't be spending large amounts of time/money recovering a debt from someone based overseas.

Any and all advice/direction would be greatly appreciated. The lady on the other end is an absolute hothead and hung up on me, so I'll keep that ace up my sleeve if they try to play hardball (I did state I was recording the conversation).

Total amount - just over $5kAUD

Debt - Personal Loan with Commonwealth Bank

Im based in NZ - long story short the debt is in my name, but don't trust your (now ex) girlfriend in an absolute manner to settle the debt on breakup, even though its hers! No amount has been paid on this in two years.

They have been trying to call me for months, but have ignored, but I did pick up a call from them expecting it to be someone else this week. Documentation (Notice of Assignment of Debt) has been emailed through to me on request.

What is a reasonable timeframe to propose for a payment arrangement? Its a rather small(ish) amount, so I do know they won't be spending large amounts of time/money recovering a debt from someone based overseas.

Any and all advice/direction would be greatly appreciated. The lady on the other end is an absolute hothead and hung up on me, so I'll keep that ace up my sleeve if they try to play hardball (I did state I was recording the conversation).

Cheers

This site is for UK consumers and you are best advised to see advice in New Zealand. Suspect there are agreements in place between New Zealand and Australia to make debt collection between the two countries easier.

CCS are just debt buyers looking to make a profit on what they paid Commonwealth for the debt. There are loads of laws that apply to Australian Debt collection and you can make a complaint to Australian authorities about any poor behaviour.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Just to add, if neither Commonwealth or CCS went to court in Australia while you were there, then it would be necessary for CCS to take you to court in New Zealand. This is where you need local knowiedge as to whether Australian creditors are issuing New Zealand court claims. If they are not doing so and the debt does not hurt you in New Zealand e.g credit record, then you might just choose to ignore them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread