phone stolen from repair shop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, i suspect this is fairly straightforward but google is unhelpful

My daughter took a damaged Iphone 7 to the local repair shop that have done loads of good repairs for us and friends.

They've said they've been burgled and her phone amongst other is stolen, their initial response to her is to try and track it down online

I assume i right that they have to replace it with a like for like? If they are reluctant what is the best way to go? Legal or otherwise? I'd like to quote the relevant law or legal recourse to show them I mean business.

And how long is reasonable to wait for them to replace the phone? She genuinely does reply on it.

Thanks

Micky

They should have insurance

You should receive like one or equivalent monetary value

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Put your claim in writing. Send it recorded delivery and make sure you keep a copy.

Described as far as possible the telephone and if you have receipts for it then enclose the receipts – not to prove that you purchased it but rather to prove the age of the phone.

Do bit of research and find out the cost of a replacement of the same age and condition and tell the shop in your letter that that's what you want.

I suggest that you give them five days if they don't reply after five days or if they don't respond correctly then I would suggest that you bring a legal action by sending them a 14 day letter before action.

Your chances of success are better than 95% and because they are a shop presumably they are not going anywhere, you will easily be able to enforce the judgement.

In your view what is the value of the phone?

That's good advice, thank-you

Sorry about me, off work with a crocked knee and got a bit daytime tv la la

They're local so will help the daughter with the letter first thing and she can politely hand it to them tomorrow

Will update with progress

Micky

oh and it's an 18 month old iphone 6 in good order barring it wanting a £25 repair, the daughter will research it value tomorrow morning

refurbished with the fault still there? Or as new?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

many small businesses of this type cant afford insurance so be prepared to negotiate a bit longer then 5 days but do make sure that they agree a cut off point for replacement and then accpet you have the right to compensation for the loss. calculating the loss will be trickier so the start point wil be the secondhand value of a working one less the agreed repair cost plus any additional costs for getting a new SIM etc