United Utils Admit Unlawful CCJ/set aside free - but what about compo??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all firstly apologies if this is in the wrong section just wasnt sure where to put it.

Long story short,

i lived in a property a few years ago and moved out due to the poor state of the property (environmental health were investigating)

i informed United Utilities about moving out and the reasons and gave them a new address.

I received bills for a full year which i questioned as due to the problems we only had the keys for 3 months but rarely stayed there due to the issues in the property.

This was ongoing for a while as i could not get an answer of what i owed because i agreed i owed them something but not over £400 they were asking for.

Debt recovery companies got in touch and i kept in contact with them and United Utilities regarding the amount all was explained to the Debt companies who said we will investigate and get back to you.

This never happened

I recently applied to rejoin a job and got told i could not until the CCJ on my file was rectified.

This was a shock to me as i knew nothing about it,

after investigating it was for UU for the amount on that house.

I contacted them a number of times which got me no where.

After this being ongoing for a while i have had enough of the stress and the embarrassment as i would of got in the police if it wasnt for this and ive not been able to get a new house or new family car which was needed not long ago. Despite having the proof of income that i can afford it i was declined.

After all this as a last resort i emailed the chief executive with all the evidence i have and said this needs sorting.

Since then i have been told the CCJ paperwork has been sent to have it set aside but this could take 4 to 6 weeks.

Now i am waiting for this to happen and ive been told i should be entitled to compensation because of everything thats gone on.

In regards to the paperwork

they have admitted they have sent all paperwork to the property in question not the new address i gave them.

With them getting the CCJ removed that to me is admitting liability for this and they are in the wrong.

Ive been getting legal advice where possible and they have said about compensation.

Has anyone won with a compensation claim for anything similar?

Many Thanks

retitled and moved to legals

yes lots of compo time for the damage done.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...