Aviva - had a pension they havent a clue what they are doing!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

Had a pensions with Aviva

when I wanted to transfer I was told fund was £2K,

when requested transfer was told information was in-correct and should be £36K,

got my 3rd party IFA to check and was confirmed as £36K,

after about to date 15 phone calls still have no conclusion from Aviva, apart from speaking to 3 different depts who were all very abrupt and eventually got a phone call to say pension pot was in fact only £2K,

No apologies no nothing,

in fact consider all people who I spoke to to be abrupt and totally unhelpful and got the impression that they had a mistake but nobody was man enough to own up,

eventually got a letter after making formal complaint,

which did not offer any apology or reason for the error apart from " human error ".

Have taken this up with Ombudsman as Aviva do not really care.

They have offered measly compensation,

but this does not even cover my time and disappointment

Has anybody else had the same problem.

Especially as they had confirmed an in-correct figure to me and a third party.

Has anybody else had this problem ?

Default Aviva - had a pension they havent a clue what they are doing!!

HI

Had a pensions with Aviva

when I wanted to transfer I was told fund was £2K,

when requested transfer was told information was in-correct and should be £36K,

got my 3rd party IFA to check and was confirmed as £36K,

after about to date 15 phone calls still have no conclusion from Aviva, apart from speaking to 3 different depts who were all very abrupt and eventually got a phone callicon to say pension pot was in fact only £2K,

No apologies no nothing,

in fact consider all people who I spoke to to be abrupt and totally unhelpful and got the impression that they had a mistake but nobody was man enough to own up,

eventually got a letter after making formal complaint,

which did not offer any apology or reason for the error apart from " human error ".

Have taken this up with Ombudsmanicon as Aviva do not really care.

They have offered measly compensation,

but this does not even cover my time and disappointment

Has anybody else had the same problem.

Especially as they had confirmed an in-correct figure to me and a third party.

Has anybody else had this problem ?

Not had this problem or dealt with pensions.

The advice is always get confirmation in writing and not hold so many telephone conversations that you are not recording. If you phone any company and they provide information. Get then to confirm it in writing. Take a note of the full name of the person you spoke to and what telephone number you called, so you can chase it up if necessary.

Aviva have to follow a standard complaints process set by regulators, so if your complaint is not handled properly, you can ask the FOS to not only review the complaint issue, but also the way Aviva handled the complaint. It is up to you to document the costs you incurred in dealing with Aviva and to provide full details to the FOS. The amount of compensation the FOS will award for inconvenience or disappointment will be small. Even for people messed around by Insurers after major claims issues, the FOS are not very generous.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

My wife has two small pensions with Aviva and every few months they send a letter stating that they have done a trace with Capita for her address however we have been receiving correspondence from Aviva at this address for the past 8 years. Aviva are the most useless bunch of people to handle your pension.

I thought that Aviva monitor this forum, I guess not, or do they not really care ?

I think the do not really care, this seems to be the norm with Aviva as they have admitted to a further mistake with the amount in my pension pot, no apology just another mistake by them.

Ombudsman here me come .

Guest Aviva Support
I thought that Aviva monitor this forum, I guess not, or do they not really care ?

I think the do not really care, this seems to be the norm with Aviva as they have admitted to a further mistake with the amount in my pension pot, no apology just another mistake by them.

Ombudsman here me come .

Hi Rasdes,

If you have had a formal complaint raised and have now approached the ombudsman, then unfortunately we are unable to help further. In line with our regulators guide we have to allow the Ombudsman to investigate and deliver their findings. I'm sorry we can't be of further help than that.

Kind regards

Dave

Hi Rasdes,

If you have had a formal complaint raised and have now approached the ombudsman, then unfortunately we are unable to help further. In line with our regulators guide we have to allow the Ombudsman to investigate and deliver their findings. I'm sorry we can't be of further help than that.

Kind regards

Dave

I would read "Ombudsman here me come" (or we come) as "I'm fed up, they aren't bothering to sort this out, and in frustration, I'm using the Ombudsman as a last resort".

If the OP has already gone to the Ombudsman (and they MIGHT have done), fair enough, but instead of just looking like you are 'washing your hands' of it, why not offer:

"If you haven't already gone to the Ombudsman would you consider giving me a chance to resolve this? You can still go to the Ombudsman after if you wish.

However, if you have already gone to the Ombudsman, I can't get involved as they forbid it whilst they investigate".

Are they the same message? probably, but one is likely to be perceived as "Hey, I'd like to help, but might not be allowed to if you've already gone to the Ombudsman", and the other as "Off you go to the Ombudsman, then, I'm washing my hands of this, but can 'tick the box' to say I've answered".

Waiting a week to reply also doesn't look very pro-active .........

How much does your firm get charged for each complaint to the Ombudsman (even if not found at fault??

Guest Aviva Support
I would read "Ombudsman here me come" (or we come) as "I'm fed up, they aren't bothering to sort this out, and in frustration, I'm using the Ombudsman as a last resort".

If the OP has already gone to the Ombudsman (and they MIGHT have done), fair enough, but instead of just looking like you are 'washing your hands' of it, why not offer:

"If you haven't already gone to the Ombudsman would you consider giving me a chance to resolve this? You can still go to the Ombudsman after if you wish.

However, if you have already gone to the Ombudsman, I can't get involved as they forbid it whilst they investigate".

Are they the same message? probably, but one is likely to be perceived as "Hey, I'd like to help, but might not be allowed to if you've already gone to the Ombudsman", and the other as "Off you go to the Ombudsman, then, I'm washing my hands of this, but can 'tick the box' to say I've answered".

Waiting a week to reply also doesn't look very pro-active .........

How much does your firm get charged for each complaint to the Ombudsman (even if not found at fault??

Hi BazzaS

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree the delay in response isn't what we would hope for and we will endeavour to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future. In Rasdes first post they stated they have taken this up with the Ombudsman, which is why I did not offer to help further. If it had not gone to that stage already you are correct we would offer help and we will help wherever we can to put our customers in touch with the relevant team who can assist them and help resolve any problems or concerns they have.

I hope that helps put your mind at ease and thanks again for sharing your feedback.

Kind regards

Dave

Hi BazzaS

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree the delay in response isn't what we would hope for and we will endeavour to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future. In Rasdes first post they stated they have taken this up with the Ombudsman, which is why I did not offer to help further. If it had not gone to that stage already you are correct we would offer help and we will help wherever we can to put our customers in touch with the relevant team who can assist them and help resolve any problems or concerns they have.

I hope that helps put your mind at ease and thanks again for sharing your feedback.

Kind regards

Dave

Hi Rasdes,

If you have had a formal complaint raised and have now approached the ombudsman, then

I'd read the "If" as applying to both the formal complaint and the ombudsman .........

Thanks for the clarification.

I'd read the "If" as applying to both the formal complaint and the ombudsman .........

Thanks for the clarification.

If Aviava had been able to answer my questions and dealt with my case to my satisfaction I would have not needed to take my complaint to the Ombudsman, Surely it would have cost Aviva money to allow this to go to the Ombudsman and now after the Ombudsman has agreed with me and have told Aviva to compensate me, Aviva have now to pay twice.

What a shambles Aviva get you act together.

Hi Have spoken to Aviva again today who have made more excuses even though they have had instructions from Ombudsman to settle, their staff are rude and and unhelpful and Aviva should not be able to act this way, the should be part of a formal investigation, they always have excuses for their actions and do not have any respect and again reported them to the Ombudsman after the recent Ombudsman decision.

This is disgusting and Aviva should not be able to treat customers this way

you can enforce the Ombudsmans determination via the courts but I would go back to the Ombudsman and tell them that Aviva arent following the directions and you wish the determination enforced. Explain aboutthe obvious lack of interdepartmental cooperation or communication and see if they can chivvy them along before you have to resort to the courts. As for the level of compensation, it will never pay for your time as your time is free-you chose to go down this route and any other route wouldnt pay you for your time anyway. The compo is in lieu of an apology so dent expect one of them either.