• Tweets

• Do I send the solicitor a CPR 31.14 form  Or just a letter saying the limited company does not exist so no one to sue
    • are we getting there now .thks DEFENCE  The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. the claimant replied to a request made under a pre action protocol   letter of claim  and a Consumer Credit Agreement request , pursuant to s.77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 )request made   on 19/11/2018 the reply contained  incomplete reconstitutions and with  with documents missing from the list in my request a cpr 31.14 request was made to the claiments solicitor on  02/06/2019 which the claiments solicitor has refused stating cpr  31 does not aplly even though no track has yet been allocated  1- The Claimant claims £657.10  is owed under a regulated loan agreement with  money in advance r. I did not recall the precise details  and have sought verification from the claimant and the claimants solicitor by way of a Section 77 and CPR 31.14 request who are yet to fully comply. 2-the  Claimants statement regarding the assignation of the debt is denied. I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served on the defendant from either the Claimant or  money in advance  3 The claimant has produced  a reconstituted version of  the original agreement , it is considered that this is not a true copy of the executed agreement as it is the claiment has yet to  produced a copy of any legal assignment of this debt 4 It is therefore  not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to: a) Show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for  b) Show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87.1 CCA 1974. c) Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.  d as  per Civil Procedureicon 16.5 it is expected that the Claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed.
    • There's a difference in buying a car privately or at auction, and buying one from a retail seller, regardless of the price. buying from a dealer you have certain statutory rights as a consumer, and you pay a premium for the supposed benefit of buying from reputable source.    An engine management light could be a minor problem, the issue here though is that the seller delivered the car with the light on, then dumped it and made a quick exit, that gives a fair idea of his attitude to customer service. If the engine management light came on while the car was in the process of being delivered, any reasonable seller would have told the buyer the light had come on and taken the car straight back to sort it, not done a runner and hoped the customer wouldn't notice.
  • Our picks

• My personal experiences of Future Comms 

Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing!
      • 0 replies
    • Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
nicurro

Argos wardrobe not fit for purpose

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 724 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

My Wife bought a sliding door wardrobe from Argos last year , when it was delivered there was damage to the sliding doors which they replaced free of charge.

One of the doors has always been problematic with opening & closing and now a second door is also being an issue. The first door is constantly coming off of the running rails and now the door has become damaged where the castors fit into the door meaning that the castor does not stay in the correct position anymore.

The second door has a similar issue.

The doors are made from a plastic coated chipboard which is around 10mm thick and I wondered if I could say that they are not fit for purpose due to the material used and that the wardrobe should last longer than it has.

There are other slight issue with the wardrobe also but the doors are the main issue as these are the finishing touch to any wardrobe.

Nic

Well for sure you would expect a wardrobe, even one from Argos - to last a bit longer than a year! So yes, I would make a complaint and ask them to replace the wardrobe for you.

I am sure others will be along with more advice as to how you would go about this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sliding doors needs to be perfectly levelled in all directions to work well.

The fact that they were coming off the rails is most likely due to a sloping floor or incorrect installation.

I fixed tens of them by just levelling the wardrobe, the rails or the doors which have adjustment screws (although limited to 5/10mm).

Check it out with a long spirit level.