• Tweets

• again you appear not to be understanding things.....   a default does not go statute barred - as carefully explained in post 4....once it reaches its 6th birthday it along with the associated account will be removed from your file. that happening has no effect on the debt itself. it does not mean it is no owed.    your debt is NOT statute barred it has a CCJ . should the claimant fail to enforce the CCJ by it's 6th birthday, when, as with a default, it falls off your credit file, then they would need to return to court to do so. and again that happening has no effect upon the debt itself.   they both operate under the same ICO rule, quoted as in post 4..   All references to a defaulted debt must be removed from your credit files after 6 years  has passed from date of default, whether paid off, paying now or not.  . This is so that someone who continues paying something  - even after 6 years from default  - should not be at a disadvantage to someone who pays nothing after default  and ends up with a clean file after 6 years. 
    • Pleased to say that the default has gone from my credit report due to being SB. My Experian credit score is now 978 out of 999 and excellent. Experian doesn’t show my 2 x CCJ’s. Equifax’s shows just 1.    my question is this.... clearly the debt is still owed for the SB debt, the CCJ is still live until June next year.   Can I make an offer of 10% to settle the debt now that it’s SB? If so is there a letter template that I can send to them to make such an offer?   thanks in advance 
    • Your position is not untenable in any way. You have already mitigated partially any impending disaster by opening another non Paypal linked bank account so they cannot arbitrarily seize what they want.   First thing to remember you are in control here. Whatever you offer to pay them must be something you can reasonably afford even if its only a pound a week and you must pay it to Paypal. If like me they freeze your account then there is no way you can reasonably pay them. They are not going to give you another account to pay it into.   The reason I got into difficulties with them was because I had recurring large payments being made to a supplier of mine which continued after I was rushed into hospital for series of emergency operations. When I came out of hospital Paypal had simply frozen the account which I discovered when I tried to pay money into it to alleviate the huge deficit that had accrued. So I paid nothing of what I owed. I received about 4 or 5 threatening missives which I ignored as well as any phone calls. I tried for several months to make payments into the account and in the end I gave up. Despite all the threats nothing actually happened.   If you read all the answers to your posting as well as all the other Paypal posts I doubt you will find any evidence of Paypal doing very much to enforce outstanding balances and funnily enough they do not make it easy for those that wish to repay them as I discovered.   So stop getting yourself into a flap over something that is very unlikely to be nothing more than a storm in a tea cup.   Make or start you offer to re-pay them at a figure you can easily afford then forget all about them except to make your regular payment if you can still do so.   DO NOT under any circumstances get yourself deeper into debt over this.
    • she certainly hasn't any authority to 'fine' you. what was in the contract regarding vacating the property by when?  
    • Makes the cost of the battery even worse  
  • Our picks

Minnion

shoplifting at Tesco, Police called, no papers signed, banned from store

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 849 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

An update. Received third letter from DWF. It's a very scary letter. It says 'Should payment not be made during the course of the next 7 days we will consider commencing Court Proceedings to recover the sum outstanding'. Also says 'If you do not pay

- The sum outstanding may increase due to Court costs, fees and interest

- A County Court Judgement may be entered against you

- Your Credit rating may be affected for up to 6 years

- A Bailiff may attend your house to remove goods to the value owed

- We may seek a Court order deducting monies from your earnings with your employer

We await your payment or response during he course of the next 7 days'

Please advise what I should do?

Hello there.

I know it sounds scary and that is what they want. But it says they may do a lot of things, not that they will.

Have you read other threads here about DWF?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Says WE WILL consider commencing Court Proceedings to recover the sum outstanding. The bailiff bit is the most disturbing.

I understand how you feel, but they aren't saying that they will do anything. They're saying they will consider court not that they will do it. This is how RLP companies write.

As I said, if you read other threads you'll see how they operate.

HB

read it properly

!!

can you scan it up to PDF please

and the others too

we'd love to have copies

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Says WE WILL consider commencing Court Proceedings to recover the sum outstanding. The bailiff bit is the most disturbing.

Nowhere in that letter doe sit say they will. They cannot put that because it isnt true. They have no authority to decide that. Only the retailer does. And after what happened a few years ago, theres no chance theyd go anywhere near a court.

Even habitual shoplifters laugh when theyre told to pay as they know DWF and RLP are absolutely toothless and cannot do anything.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Says WE WILL consider commencing Court Proceedings to recover the sum outstanding.

The bailiff bit is the most disturbing.

load of ole baloney...

and it cant say WE WILL

they [DWP] cant do court

they are not the owners of the tescos

none have done court for +5yrs now

and as with the bailiff guff

read the letter PROPERLY AGAIN

bailiffs can only ever get involved AFTER something has been to court

and as tescos aint going nowhere near a courtroom door [they never have]

IGNORE.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

they will CONSIDER doing something eh? I will consider going to the moon for my holidays but by the time I have done just that will I actually be going to the moon? One thing is for certain, I am going on holiday and it isnt to the moon

And I will consider showing my backside in Debenhams window. Doesn't mean I will do so.

DWF cannot do anything more than recommend that their client takes Court action. Their client, unfortunately for them, does not take Court action in such circumstances

Me flashing my arse in a department store window is far, far more likely!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

RLP learned that doing court is devastating to their business model, as in they lost, in the Oxford Case.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you all. I am just going to ignore this. They really know how to give people the shivers!

dx100uk, trying to find out how to upload the letters from DWF. Is there a specific way to do it

click upload

spreadsheets 

Sorry for being a pain but this is what I get:

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

For some reason I am unable to see the 'Go Advanced' .

in the grey tool bar at the bottom

right of the post quick reply button

spreadsheets 

Something seems to be going wrong. I have taken pictures of the letters and when I upload them, it shows upload error 'Please do not'.

Sorry just doesn't seem to work.

Finally uploaded in a weird way. pasted the pics on word document and converted to pdf. These are the 3 letters I have received within 3 weeks.

attach them then..

spreadsheets 

I have merged the letters to one file.

all are very safe to totally ignore.

dx

spreadsheets 

Thank you. Wonder what the next letter will say?

More of the same, but possibly written to sound more scary. It still doesn't mean they can do anything. :)

HB

It will probably say:-

We are aware that you have sought help from an internet forum full of armchair lawyers and layabouts with no jobs to go to.

Wouldn't be the first time!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!