No Shorts policy at school sees young lads turn up to school in skirts :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done those lads, how ridiculous - A Head Teacher of a Devon School threatened to put any boy who turned up to school in shorts in the recent spell of heatwave weather, into Isolation ! But sarcastically said they could turn up in skirts.. so a group of 5 did.

Apparently 50 more of them were frantically trying to borrow skirts from their girlfriends and sisters to wear to school today :)

Read the full story..

A group of teenage boys turned up to school in skirts on Wednesday in a bold 'no shorts' policy protest.

Five boys from ISCA Academy in Exeter, Devon, strolled in wearing the attire after being told by teachers that they'd be placed in isolation were they to walk into class in shorts – despite the hot weather.

A mum of one of the pupils said her 14-year-old was told a day earlier by the head teacher, "you can wear a skirt if you like", after he complained about the heat.

So he – along with four others – wore skirts. Official uniform skirts, so as to avoid any possibility of rebuttal.

"My son wanted to wear shorts but was told he would be put in the isolation room for the rest of the week," the mum told Devon Live.

"The head teacher told them, 'Well you can wear a skirt if you like', but I think she was being sarcastic. However, children tend to take you literally and so five boys turned up in skirts today – and because she told them it was okay there was nothing she could do as long as they are school skirts."

The mum added that one of the boys did get in trouble, but only because his skirt was "too short". She added that children should have a voice, no matter how old they are.

After the success of the boys' uniform objections, 50 boys are apparently now planning to follow suit. It seems the famous five have sparked a mini revolution.

The Devon mum added: "There are about 50 boys who are trying to borrow skirts off the girls and they all say they are going to wear them tomorrow.

"Children also don't like injustice. The boys see the women teachers in sandals and nice cool skirts and tops while they are wearing long trousers and shoes and the older boys have to wear blazers. They just think it's unfair that they can't wear shorts in this heat.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

"The mum added that one of the boys did get in trouble, but only because his skirt was "too short". "

Hoooowls with laughter.

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

This happened before, didn't it?

I do remember in 6th form, someone moaning because as a male, he has to wear trousers; but as a female, I'm welcome to a wear skirt when it's hot.

I do think they should be able to wear shorts.

It made the 6pm news last night - the lads looked quite nice in the skirts and they seemed to be quite comfortable wearing them. Apparently someone did suggest they might want to shave their legs lol.

Needless to say, the Head Teacher wasnt available for comment - other than she needed to discuss things with Parents first. As parents were quite happy to have their lads wear shorts rather than suffer the heat.. what's to discuss ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I thought that was very funny, I like the bit about taking the head seriously over wearing skirts. :D

Indeed - the Head Teacher must have felt quite silly that her throw away/sarcastic comment was taken literally by the young lads :)

BCOBS

It's catching on, CB, this article is about bus drivers in France.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/22/french-bus-drivers-skirts-dress-code-nantes

Love it - why do they not have some leeway for these situations 1

BCOBS

I always went to school in a skirt :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

:)

BCOBS

Well I called it a Kilt :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

This happened before, didn't it?

I do remember in 6th form, someone moaning because as a male, he has to wear trousers; but as a female, I'm welcome to a wear skirt when it's hot.

I do think they should be able to wear shorts.

Or skirts.

Why not, in this day & age !

It made the 6pm news last night - the lads looked quite nice in the skirts and they seemed to be quite comfortable wearing them. Apparently someone did suggest they might want to shave their legs lol.

Needless to say, the Head Teacher wasnt available for comment - other than she needed to discuss things with Parents first. As parents were quite happy to have their lads wear shorts rather than suffer the heat.. what's to discuss ?

Were the parents happy for them to continue wearing skirts?

It's catching on, CB, this article is about bus drivers in France.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/22/french-bus-drivers-skirts-dress-code-nantes

Was not the answer to turn up in shorts in any case ? If the bus co / school refused, they couldn't penalise the people as they'd turned up. Ultimatum - shorts or no work !

Phone rang at 5:30-ish pm - company asking me to attend job interview. I'd just put my meal on the table so I said 6:30? and they agreed. As I cycled to the interview, I attended the interview at 6:30 pm wearing Lycra cycling shorts. I got home at 4:30am after completing my first shift.