• Tweets

• That sounds promising.   If I were you I'd check my licence online to confirm that the points and conviction have disappeared.  That's re your insurance.   Keep an eye on the court date of 26 November.  If they accept you were out of the country you should be ok for the speeding, but you may still be open to a failure to identify prosecution - it depends why you didn't receive the original NIP.   You may be contacted by the police to say both charges have been dropped and that the earlier convictions have been cancelled.  I'd want this in writing.  Keep chasing them, but if you don't hear any more, I'd make sure I was at court on the 26th.  You don't want to be in convicted in your absence again because of some admin. cockup.  Make sure the failure to identify is dropped.   Make sure you have copies of all correspondence and a note of 'phone calls just in case your insurers have any queries about this - it's a very unusual situation.  (Whether you should be informing them about all this, I simply don't know.  You've been convicted but didn't know about it, and now it appears to have been erased.  I'm a very cautious belt and braces guy, so I'd ask on the insurance board what you should do.  Tell your insurers everything or keep quiet about it?  Getting it wrong could be expensive).    
    • Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere but I haven't found a direct answer so here's my question.   Both my daughter and my partner have today each received a Letter of Claim from NPS. Both refer to 'incidents' in 2017 - my daughter's in March and my partner's in April. I remember these only vaguely but can't remember what (if any) action we took.   I remember my partner's more clearly because in their PCN where they claimed she'd overstayed (Cross Street, Long Eaton) there was something drastically wrong with their 'evidence'. I can't remember exactly but either their stated times contradicted or -and this is more likely from conversation today - they only provided one photo which was of her car leaving but nothing showing her entering the car park.   I have a feeling my daughter just chose to ignore hers, based on 'urban myth' from friends.   So anyway, today - more than two years on - both suddenly receive these letters from NPS with the usual rhetoric. I want to make sure these are both managed appropriately so I'm not sure what to do next and would appreciate any advice. I'm also particularly interested to read elsewhere on this forum that another case from said car park was rejected by POPLA in May 2017 due to insufficient signage and lack of planning permission for the relevant equipment:     This being the case, the same would have to apply to both our cases since this rejected case occurred just weeks after both of ours.   Not sure how much bearing this may have but I'm hopeful and your advice will be both very welcome and much appreciated.        
    • There will be no issues with a course offer if the dates are as you say. The usual cut off is four months from the date of the offence. This is so as to give the driver the time to accept the offer and take the course before prosecution becomes "timed out" at six months.   However, if the NIPs really were the first to be issued and there are no issues with the address details then both have a cast iron defence to the speeding allegation. The first is dated 20 days after the alleged offence and the second 23 days after the alleged offence. The Road Traffic Offenders' Act makes it quite clear that if a NIP is not served within 14 days of the alleged offence then no prosecution can take place. But as I said, late first NIPs are very rare and both need to check all the details I have mentioned before they decline any out of court offers of a course or Fixed Penalty.    For information, courses are normally offered for speeds up to (Limit +10% + 9mph). Only one course of any type can be taken in three years (with the date of the offences being used to calculate that period) and courses are not offered in Scotland. However, if a driver is not offered a course for any reason when he would normally qualify (including late NIPs) he has no right of appeal to have one offered. If the matter goes to court the court has no power to order a course.
    • My grievance against my manager is on Wednesday at 12.00 noon. A union officer is representing me. The representative for my manager is a product manager. I was told today that she is the Daughter or a Step-Daughter of the manager. Is this a conflict of interest? Am I correct in saying that, because the manager is the subject, the hearing has to be carried out by a person higher than the manager such as a director? if so, the product manager is not entitled to carry out the hearing. I'm pretty certain that I read this in law books. My Brother is a licensed union chairman but has since left his previous employment.  He is certain that I am correct . Any help would be gratefully appreciated.   diecastdave
    • Ok cool many thanks!  Much appreciated...I will check everything out now and answer all those questions!
  • Our picks

grandpa andy

Courier delivered my parcel to the wrong address, lost £45

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 878 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, and thanks for your organisation!

6 weeks ago I ordered a PayPal card reader for use on the market (I'm a part-time trader).

Here is the order info;

Seller information

PayPal Payments Pte Ltd

+44 8003589448

Invoice ID

Note to PayPal Payments Pte Ltd

Order: 131723

Purchase details

PayPal Chip card reader£37.50

Tax£7.50

Total£45.00

The number +44 8003589448 mentioned above is the one that tells me my claim has been dismissed.

I didn't receive it, so I made a PayPal claim.

They dismissed it, as the courier had delivered it.

However, it was signed for by a J Kilsby at 11.50 on 15.15.2017. We were at home at that date and time, and nobody called j Kilsby lives here.

I've tried to challenge the claim but get thrown out by the automated system.

I've sent several emails but had no reply.

Any advice on what to do next will be gratefully received!!!!

Did you pay the courier cost ? Whoever did can ask the courier to retrieve the wrong delivery and get it to you or reimburse your product cost.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

I would suggest that you get back to PayPal and dispute their findings. The fact that it was signed for by a person unknown to you and I would ask PayPal to divulge the address given to the courier as that may be different from your own.

The one question I have. Have you moved house and not updated your home address to PP?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks silverfox1961

I'm having trouble finding a way to contact PayPal..........

I've used their helpline, but when they realise who I am and what it's about the system tells me the case is closed.

I've emailed the address that they used to notify me of the sale but no reply or acknowledgement.

Do you have any other means of contacting this vast organisation?

Lived in current house 15 years

Thanks unclebulgaria, the p&p was free and I can't access PayPal to find out who they are.

I'd have thought the GPS monitoring of the poor driving slaves would be able to specify where they were at every precise moment on that day

If you go here:

http://www.ceoemail.com/

then type in paypal, this gives you the email addresses of the relevant people in charge

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Marvellous thank you, I've emailed the person and will let you know what transpires.

I'm off on an outing now, so apologies if I don't respond until this evening

15.15.2017. We were at home at that date and time,

?????