bitemarx

Sick pay - HR Gave wrong information

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 757 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

My girlfriend has been working for an NHS Trust since March 2017, before which she was working with another trust since October 2016 (and has 10 years of service but not concurrent). However, the 3 to 4 years preceding this, she has been living abroad.

She had to take sick leave last month due to accepting a (short notice) date for a major operation. The day she was offered the date for the op, she went to the HR dept and spoke with one of the officers, who informed her that she was entitled to full sickness pay for six months based on the fact that she had 10 years and more of service.

Today she was informed that she has gone into half-pay since last week!

Any advice on what she can do to correct this?

She doesnt have a paper trail for the information that HR has given her although she remembers the date and approximate time that the conversation (face to face) took place.

All trusts will probably be slightly different, but similar I would think. The board I work for its only your concurrent service that counts. You should be able to bring the sickness absence policy up on google, ours comes up anyway and have a read through that then decide where to go from there. Literally just google the name of the trust and sickness absence policy and it should come up