unknown Motortrades online advert bill CCJ - help set aside please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

had a CCJ against me granted 21/3/13

I was unaware of this until recently (mortgage app)

I requested details from the courts and was sent a copy of the claim form.

Read through the claim and realised what it's about.

I spoke to a salesman early 2013 who had cold called me about advertising my limited company.

I agreed to a free advert mock up rtf and if I was happy I would then sign agreements etc.

I never approved the advert in the end due to cost and projected return.

Claim was entered against me personally not the limited company.

I have sent a n244 to get it set aside.

I have received a response saying they have sent it to Birmingham county courts to be dealt with.

On further research it seems the company who brought the action against me has collapsed and as such I doubt there be a response to the application.

My question is

1. How would them not responding affect the application.

2. Should I need a defence what would be the best way to word it.

We have had lots of instances on this forum about this kind of fake advertising. Generally speaking you will find that they have scarcely any circulation and their alleged contracts are mainly invented.

If you look around the Internet, you will find that this kind of stuff has been featured in the media quite a lot and am pretty certain that there was something on the BBC recently about one of these companies failing and maybe even some prosecutions.

Please will you tell us the name of the company – or do you want to protect them? Also, I suggest that you post up the claim form in PDF format and a copy of the N244 that you used.

It's a pity you didn't come to us first.

However, I would say that the set-aside would be pretty well automatic if the company doesn't make any representation. If they have been wound up then they certainly won't respond and you shouldn't have any worries.

Thread moved to General Legal Issues.....please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards#

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Plenty of form for this lot around the internet

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Off topic posts removed and thread tidied.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread