JamboT

MET Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 910 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I've read many posts on PCNs and what to do but its confusing me a lot with a lot of mixed messages as to what to do so all help appreciated

1 Date of the infringement - 7th May 2017

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] - this is 1st letter ive received - well over 14days

3 Date received - 14th June 2017 (letter says 12th June)

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? - Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? - Yes

6 Have you appealed? - No - Have Drafted the following:

---

Good morning,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver of the vehicle was a customer of McDonalds attending a Birthday party in which the manager on duty of the branch was informed of a potential stay longer than the permitted time. In which they got a response saying it was fine to stay and he (the MOD) would inform the relevant parties of the vehicle registration.

In any event the charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss as well as being an amount larger than permitted under the BPA code of practice to which you subscribe.

I will not name the driver as i am under no statutory obligation to do so.

Please accept my appeal or supply a popla code.

Yours

---

Have you had a response? - havent sent yet

7 Who is the parking company? - MET

8. Where exactly - McDonald's Swindon (Bridgemead)

This is my first letter through the post over a month since the incident occurred??

I've read a lot online saying ignore it, appeal it, pay it so i'm very confused as to what to do!! This is my first ever parking ticket so no previous experience in this field!

Any Help is appreciated

Edited by JamboT

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Thank you for providing the information, the forum guys should be along later to advise you. :)

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Ok, was there a ticket slapped on the car at the time? If not then the NTK should indicate what sort of claim they are making, ie a follow up to a screen ticket or a claim to keepr under para 9 of the POFA

As for your appeal, bin i. It identifies you as the most likely candidate as the driver by the nature of the event, it raises points that are irrelevant in law and makes you look uncertin of your arguments and lastly, where you have a right regarding overstay, they wont accept this so you need to be threatening maccy D's with all sorts of hell for not processing the data properly rather than saying anything to the parking co. You are not going to worry about their time scales because you arent going to be paying them anything if you have any sense.

Post up the NTK with your personaldetaisl removed, includeing car reg and any reference numbers they use and we will pick holes in it.. Once we have done this a short letter telling them they can go whistle and why is all that will be needed rather than an appeal but lest get a better look at the facts first.

So get in touch with MaccyD HQ and raise hell about this chiselling of their customers and breach of the agreement between the birthday group and them and make sure that they know you hold them entirely respionsible.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Ok, was there a ticket slapped on the car at the time? If not then the NTK should indicate what sort of claim they are making, ie a follow up to a screen ticket or a claim to keepr under para 9 of the POFA

As for your appeal, bin i. It identifies you as the most likely candidate as the driver by the nature of the event, it raises points that are irrelevant in law and makes you look uncertin of your arguments and lastly, where you have a right regarding overstay, they wont accept this so you need to be threatening maccy D's with all sorts of hell for not processing the data properly rather than saying anything to the parking co. You are not going to worry about their time scales because you arent going to be paying them anything if you have any sense.

Post up the NTK with your personaldetaisl removed, includeing car reg and any reference numbers they use and we will pick holes in it.. Once we have done this a short letter telling them they can go whistle and why is all that will be needed rather than an appeal but lest get a better look at the facts first.

So get in touch with MaccyD HQ and raise hell about this chiselling of their customers and breach of the agreement between the birthday group and them and make sure that they know you hold them entirely respionsible.

Thanks, so the PCN came through the post - i will scrap the appeal and hopefully through this will get an idea for a better one. So i should contact McDonalds as well? complain to them and could they contact MET to cancel it?

for some reason i try to upload a picture of the PCN but it doesnt let me

Hi and welcome to CAG,

Do you have the post code of the McD's you attended. There are quite a few in Swindon and I would like to look on Google streetview to see the site in question.

As it stands, this is likely to be an ANPR ticket where you are photographed entering and exiting the site. The NTK must be in your hands within 14 days of the incident. From what you say, they are well out of time. As members of the BPA they are supposed to use PoFA2012 to go after the keeper. If they state at any time they are not following PoFA then you can complain to the BPA.

As you were attending a party and asked the staff about longer parking, they should have done something so I would contact the Manager of the store and complain that nobody actioned what they agreed to do, allow the extra time.

As far as I can tell, Met have taken no-one to court this year.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi and welcome to CAG,

Do you have the post code of the McD's you attended. There are quite a few in Swindon and I would like to look on Google streetview to see the site in question.

As it stands, this is likely to be an ANPR ticket where you are photographed entering and exiting the site. The NTK must be in your hands within 14 days of the incident. From what you say, they are well out of time. As members of the BPA they are supposed to use PoFA2012 to go after the keeper. If they state at any time they are not following PoFA then you can complain to the BPA.

As you were attending a party and asked the staff about longer parking, they should have done something so I would contact the Manager of the store and complain that nobody actioned what they agreed to do, allow the extra time.

As far as I can tell, Met have taken no-one to court this year.

___

Thanks

post code for this branch was SN5 7FQ - Having re-read the letter it states at the top " parking charge notice reminder " and " reminder issue date " but this is the first letter I've had come through - its implying that I've received a letter before? or is this wording done on purpose to scare people into paying?

I have emailed the branch so we shall see what the outcome of that is

some parking co's use "phanton ticketing", ie claim tehy ahve slapped a ticket on your car when they haventin an attempt to circumvent the discount period and half of the protocols of the POFA

When you post up their letter we will tell you whetehr it complies with the POFA and that will then determine what you say in a letter to them , most likely inviting them to go take a jump but we will see..