• Tweets

• it will be mainly voters and the fact you have changed address on everything too. nothing you can do about it sadly ….   usually takes a month or two for things to settle themselves
    • I only just signed up to vote, I have never voted before, but I've never had a problem accessing my credit file in previous years, it's like it's just been deleted?    Here's a message from another credit check place I found.   I have just moved in the last month but my bank account, new address etc are all up to date and I literally called everyone when I moved, internet, electric, gas, mobile contract, bank, everyone on the day I moved here,   When trying to get my credit report I use my new and previous addresses.   Here's a message I got ...... Why have I been unable to access my Credit Report? When completing the authentication process for access to your credit report, you will have received one of the following in-product messages to indicate why you have not received access: Thin File This means there is currently not enough credit history information held in your TransUnion file for us to produce a credit report. You can find out more about how to build your credit history in our guides. Not Found If you have not been found by TransUnion, this does not necessarily mean you do not have enough credit history or that you have poor credit history. This simply means that with the details you have provided, TransUnion have been unable to accurately match you to a credit file. Check over the details you have entered and make sure all financial accounts are up to date. If you notice that your Date of Birth, Name or Address have been filled in incorrectly, you can update this information on your account and this will initiate a new search with TransUnion to locate your credit data. Please note, a new search will only be initiated if you change your Date of Birth, Name or Address. Therefore, if you have since updated your information with public bodies or your financial accounts to match your current account information, we will be unable to initiate a new search and you may need to close your account and re-register. Failed If you have failed the authentication process then unfortunately we have been unable to provide you with your credit report. As per TransUnion policy, we are only able to provide customers with two attempts to access their credit file data, after which they will be unable to access their data through our service or receive a TotallyMoney credit report.  
    • I was going to suggest cooperating with her over the letter copies so as to look good in court, but on further consideration BazzaS & SuperVillain are right.   However, to make it easy for the judge and to show her up in court I would tweak the letter and add that this is the third time you've asked so that the expert can be "jointly instructed" and you are anxious to move things on as the two of you are already beyond the court's deadline.    You are writing to her but in a certain sense you're writing "to" the judge and what you are writing needs to be concise and follow the court's instructions - unlike her gibberish.  
    • Is there still chance to submit my defence as it is the 20th final date for submission?
    • you should have entered nothing.   this is why its so important to read instructions and other like threads carefully.    
  • Our picks

Bobsfrancis

I need some help please with a Debt Collecting Agency, (DCA)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 896 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all I need some help please with a Debt Collecting Agency, (DCA)

I recently received a letter from a DCA stating that if I did not contact them they would start Court proceedings against me for a debt.

I believe that the DCA company did not give me enough time to answer to their letter they sent and that they have started proceedings without giving me a chance to answer or ask them questions about this debt.

My question is simple

does the DCA have to state when this 14 days begins,

or is there a law that states that they must give five days for the letter to arrive in the post from the date of the letter that they send similar to the Court claim form?

Here is the sample of the dates,

don’t want to give precise details as I am concerned that these agencies follow these sites and use the information as part of their claim against individuals.

But these dates are the same in length of notice time that I received.

Working back on these dates seem to me to be unreasonable.

Letter from DCA dated on 27/10/2016 (Must respond in 14 days) but this letter arrived on 2/11/2016 at my address.

Claim form arrived on the 16/11/2016 but the Court Claim form had the date 14/11/2016 on it.

I don't think a letter before action has to provide say 21 days notice, before they issued a court claim.

You would be best advised to post full details of the court claim received on the financial legal page on CAG. A company like Lowell seem to issue hundreds of court claims every week and whilst they might read CAG, there is b*gger all they can do, if someone properly defends a claim. If you see the legal page, a significant number of claims that are defended, end up being discontinued.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues..please continue to post here to your thread.

Have you actually received a Court Claim N1 ? or is this a hypothetical post ?

If you have and it was dated 14/11/2016 have you defended the claim ?

Who is the DCA ?

What is the debt ?

Lets avoid the smoke and mirrors and have the details of whats going on.

Please read the following link and then copy and paste the Q,s and your responses back here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2016**

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

we need that link done please

no need to hide anymore

too late for that now.

and the fact they didn't comply to pre action protocol is somewhat immaterial now.

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

The first question I would ask is what has forced this question now 7 months down the line from when the claim was issued? I'd be highly surprised if they haven't had a judgment by default registered by now... Please respond to the link in post 3 so that the guys and girls here can help you forthwith if there's anything left to salvage that is...

THE VIEWS POSTED BY MYSELF ARE STRICTLY MY OWN OPINION AND CANNOT BE RELIED ON FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

IF IN DOUBT, CONTACT A QUALIFIED LEGAL EXPERT

SWISSTONI

Hi Andy,

Yes have received N1 form and filled it in on time and sent back.

The dates i placed here as i stated were not the correct dates but the same time scale.

I believe the DCA started proceedings before actually giving me the 14 days to actually respond to them and that's why i was asking the question really.

I am reticent to give too much details here but the debt is a credit card debt on an account opened before 2002. Shoo smiths were acting on behalf of Arrow Global, this is what is stated on the County Court Form.

I have requested a CCA from both companies and sent the one pound fee but as of yet have not received any response to my letters and emails.

Not sure what i should do next because i have not received any further information from the County Court either. They did respond to say the received my defense.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated. Many thanks

Bobs

there are 100's of thread here wit the details of that link andy post

please give us the info we need to help you.

fill that link out please

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Very difficult to advise Bob without the details...the particulars of claim.....the history of the debt......your defence......what stage you are at now ?

Like asking me what I thought of the book and you wont tell me the title:wink:

Regards

Andy